• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate coming to Wii U?

wiibomb

no people, this was not real (as expected really), it was just a misprint

10686993_850177925007454_4841744456979012295_n.png

wiibomb

The whole "we're working out on a proper message" thing raises an eyebrow.

it is just because they need a proper PR before sending something that would just raise more questions and/or rumors.

but I hardly think a Wii U versions is in the works for this year, at least.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just to add fuel to this fire, someone I know pre-ordered Monster Hunter 4 at a Gamestop today and they asked if he wanted the 3DS or Wii U version...

TheMoon

Something from Magic Candyland ...

How insanely awesome would it be if Ninty again put some big push behind it by making it "buy on one system, get it on the other as a free DL" on day 1. Especially since the versions would now be much closer together with both (given this is real, of course) having online natively and more similar control interfaces (with N3DS coming soon).

Oh look, here's a tree made out of chocolate! ...

L Thammy

Hopefully they at least fix the frame rate this time. If the text is actually readable, I'll be dancing in the streets.

@TheMoon
Maybe they'll offer a discount? They have the technology to do it, but there's no way that they'll miss the opportunity to sell you two copies.

fred

I assumed this would happen from the very beginning. I might get a wii u if this is true. It will literally be my monster hunter netflix machine and nothing else. Hope it's cross platform multiplayer, that would be sweet.

Really..? Nothing else..? You'll be missing out on a shitload of quality gaming that way. :eek:/

Please buy the 3DS version and n3DS to play it on with the reassurance that no console version will ever be made.

We promise. Honest. This time we mean it.

jimi_dini

no people, this was not real (as expected really), it was just a misprint

10686993_850177925007454_4841744456979012295_n.png

"still".

Why doesn't he write "MH4U is 3DS only"? Or "MH4U is really 3DS only"

dontbelieveyoulgkh8.gif

I bought MH3U for Wii U and haven't even played more than an hour yet. Come on, don't let me down.

Quadratic

I really want the WiiU version to be true. Had lots of fun playing MH3u with GAFfers.

Not to say there won't be a robust online community when the 3DS version comes out. Not having it on WiiU is basically leaving money on the table. I know I will double dip.

Prototype

Wii u still needs games imo. At least it Cid be the monster hunter box, even if it's just a up resed port of 4u from the 3ds.

Oberon

Banned
Unfortunately, Capcom has by the Kut-kus
So I will buy every system necessary to play the mainline games. Hell I bought 2 psp with 2 copies if MHFU just to play co-op.
Of course a wiiu release would be quite good and I have heard MHU3 didn't do too bad.

fred

Well after their comments that 3 was a 'smash hit' for the Wii U I'd say it's only a matter of time before they announce and release 4 for the Wii U.

MH3U comes out on 3DS and Wii U.

MH4/U is announced for 3DS, fans ask and hope for a Wii U version.

A printing error results in a banner mistakenly showing the game for Wii U.

I dunno, that's a very coincidental sequence of events. Then again, if any company could pull a random mistake like that, it's Capcom and only Capcom.

hongcha

C'mon, it's almost like you don't want it to happen, it's not THAT impossible. :p

The Wii U needs all the games it can get, a port of this game would be great for the system. However, this matter should be closed for now because this has been confirmed to be a misprint. If a Wii U port is coming, it will be properly announced. Let's just wait for that instead of getting people's hopes up for no reason.

sörine

Banned
People need to remember any HD port will be on Capcom Japan's schedule:

MHP3rd (PSP): Dec 1, 2010
MHP3rd HD (PS3): Aug 25, 2011

MH3G (3DS): Dec 10, 2011
MH3G HD (WiiU): Dec 8, 2012

MH4G (3DS): Oct 11, 2014
MH4G HD (WiiU?): summer/fall 2015?

Top Bottom