• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: More Sega 3D Classics leaked from 3D Gunstar Heroes' RAM?

Edit: Comment about the user who found this:

Here's the thread with the user who found it. From what I can see in his post history he's never posted anything 'hacking' lines before so take this with a pinch of salt for now.

Agreed, don't take it as guaranteed, as like I said, this would be pretty surprising if it at least was all true.

--

http://www.tssznews.com/2015/09/07/list-of-upcoming-sega-3d-classic-games-discovered/

zQMmrxk.gif

Oh my, if this list is legit and indeed indicative of upcoming Sega 3D Classics, we could see games like:

Puyo Puyo Tsu
Golden Axe
Comix Zone
Landstalker
Sonic Spinball
M.U.S.H.A.
ToeJam & Earl
Shining Force
Poseidon Wars 3D
Missile Defense 3D
Columns
Maze Hunter
Zaxxon 3D
Blade Eagle 3D
Streets of Rage 3
Line of Fire

Some of these are Master System games though, though Outrun 3D and Space Harrier 3D on Master System did get the treatment but only in the Japan-only retail compilation.

Of course maybe a few of these are ones they attempted but canned for all we know, that's A LOT of games they'd already have planned in advance, that's like Series 3 and 4 right there.

entremet

No Return of Death Adder :(

Technically Arcade only, but I would love to a home release.

SOR3 with Japanese option would be great. Especially if they translate the story, which was cut for the English release.

xemumanic

M.U.S.H.A.

YES!
AU7Amsc.gif

Truly, there's so much parallax scrolling in that game, similar to that section of the second level of Shinobi III where you're going up the elevator, and seeing that I know it'll look so great in 3D.

tuffy

MUSHA's floor-dropping sequence or the level where you're rising through the clouds would be amazing in 3D.

But I'm more inclined to think these are just titles the developers dropped into their emulator for testing rather than ones in full development.

Zubz

Banned
Streets of Rage 3, Comix Zone, Columns, ToeJam & Earl and Golden Axe in 3D? I'm already sold. Surprised they're doing ToeJam & Earl, though; I thought all rights to the franchise went back to Greg Johnson. Maybe the struck a deal to advertise the 4th game he's doing?

I was kind of hoping for Sonic 3D & Knuckles, but I can see why they're not doing that one, despite it being the GOAT Genesis game.

Nanashrew

Banned
Landstalker? In 3D? That could be amazing.

I'd be interested in playing that. I've always wanted to try that game but the isometric view looks like it really gets in the way of the platforming parts of the game so hopefully 3D could help provide a bit of depth perception.

TI82

Banned
Comix Zone and Shining Force nice!

Would be better to do the Shining Force GBA remake though...

Neifirst

Landstalker and Shining Force are insta-buys. Lack of Phantasy Star II or IV, or Monster World is disappointing though.

Platy

Shining Force would be really insteresting since it kinda clashes with the style of the other games and it is a much more complex translation considering the size of the game

Kent

In the RAM...?

Claiming to have found it "in the RAM" is probably the most sketch thing about the entire list. Outside of the inclusion of Shining Force which, considering how much of an effort it is to do more traditional Genesis-style short-length action games, makes it seem really unlikely. Unless, of course, they had some sort of major breakthrough in their process (or Shining Force cleanly processes to 3D with little in the way of the kind of stuff they've had to do with most other games).

That said though, Comix Zone, Landstalker, ToeJam & Earl? Sign me up.

Krejlooc

Banned
Looks like they are planning a master system 3d pack. Blade eagle, maze hunter, missile defense 3d, zaxxon 3d, to join outrun 3d and space harrier 3d.

Unfortunately it seems like Sonic 3 (specifically) will be in licensing limbo forever thanks to that Jetzons song.

Wonder if they'd ever consider just releasing Sonic & Knuckles?

entrement said:
Why not? Game has been rereleased many times.
I wonder if there's something about emulating it that makes it easier to get around licensing issues, rather than actually putting effort into porting it.

The only time the game was given an actual port (Sonic & Knuckles Collection), it had redone music.

entremet

Unfortunately it seems like Sonic 3 (specifically) will be in licensing limbo forever thanks to that Jetzons song.

Wonder if they'd ever consider just releasing Sonic & Knuckles?
That must be recent since it was released three times last generation, Virtual Console, Xbla and Sonic Genesis collection.

xemumanic

Jetzons song?

Who are the Jetzons?

EDIT: I was born in late '79 and I've never heard of these guys. But what do they have to do with Sonic 3?

Jetzons song?

Who are the Jetzons?

EDIT: I was born in late '79 and I've never heard of these guys. But what do they have to do with Sonic 3?
The Jetzons were a group back in the 80s. Brad Buxer (one of the composers for Sonic 3) was their keyboardist and one of their unreleased songs, "Hard Times" shares its melody with Icecap Zone.

Some of these would be a given- Golden Axe, Sonic Spinball. But Comix Zone? Toe Jam? Would love that.

Still, hoping for S&K.

ghibli99

If Golden Axe is the arcade version, I'm in. Also, MUSHA would rock!

...which makes me think that Thunder Force 2-4 in 3D might just be all I need in my life. :)

xemumanic

...which makes me think that Thunder Force 2-4 in 3D might just be all I need in my life. :)

4 would especially look great in 3D. And the extras M2 puts in would guarantee the Styx (the ship from TFIII) would be playable just like it was in the Saturn Gold Pack 2.

ghibli99

4 would especially look great in 3D. And the extras M2 puts in would guarantee the Styx (the ship from TFIII) would be playable just like it was in the Saturn Gold Pack 2.
Yeah, I think witnessing the scrolling majesty of that first stage of TF4 in 3D might reduce me to tears. :)

Top Bottom