• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] New Games from Ubi: AC Liberation HD, AC Pirates, Endwar Online, more

brandnew

How is it unplayable on Vita? It ran well for me. The only issue I had was with the light puzzle, and only until I realized you don't actually need any light. Just hold the Vita up and twist it around for a bit.

The game is so slow. The framerate is horrendous and movement just feels way off. Combat is when it gets worst, especially when trying to counter.

I played through Sequence 2 and can't remember enjoying myself much at all.

Pooya

Endwar no longer a Tom Clancy's game?
It's probably a f2p PC game this time, hope they don't make another dumb game like the first one, probably the most boring strategy game I've played.
I wonder who's making it, please be Eugen.

Hey Ubisoft how about letting AC rest for a few years? i cant stand AC nowdays....i feel like i seen atleast 5 trailers for that damn black flag.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'd be down for a Liberation: stable fps no glitches edition.

Edit: Wait, must be fake, where's the 3 in AC3L? The coloration is also off.

Shiggy

Glad that Pasta Games is doing Rayman Fiesta Run, talented crew. Will definitely get that game on the Play Store later this year!

Lime

I'll pick up Liberation on principle alone.

Is the character writing and plot as bad as the original AC games? Or is it even worse?

How is it unplayable on Vita? It ran well for me. The only issue I had was with the light puzzle, and only until I realized you don't actually need any light. Just hold the Vita up and twist it around for a bit.

image.php

The framerate stays in the fucking 20's the whole game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If these are all DD games, what's WD doing there? Mobile spinoff, perhaps ?

There's a companion app that is a game that you can interact with the main product from.

Like you can control a helicopter on your tablet and chase someone playing Aiden Pierce in the console game around.

SpotAnime

I'm on a major AC kick right now and seriously contemplated picking up the AC LE Vita (my Target still has two!). But this news just saved me $200. Thanks OP!

Seriously, I was wondering why a port of Liberation didnt make it to other consoles yet. Ubi needs to make back its development costs, as there's no way the install base of the Vita would have turned it a profit. They'll probably sell more of the port than they did on the Vita.

Seriously, I was wondering why a port of Liberation didnt make it to other consoles yet. Ubi needs to make back its development costs, as there's no way the install base of the Vita would have turned it a profit. They'll probably sell more of the port than they did on the Vita.
Ubisoft said it sold 600k+ and seemed relatively pleased with the results.

jmizzal

Ohh I hope Assassin's Creed pirates is a 3DS game. I'm still so mad we never got the one announced at E3 2010, especially considering how good the 3DS turned out. Hopefully Liberation comes to Wii U, I love that it's a black female New Orleans protagonist = )

Liberation on WiiU is possible, the Rayman custom for WiiU version of Legends is from Liberation

LAA

I bought AC Liberation on vita recently in that sale, I think the game itself is cool that it seems to have the AC console experience on a portable. I think the only thing it lacks... is polish. If ONLY they kept the FPS more constant and maybe sharpened it up more (And as a nitpick, better looking windows! I hate looking at those windows!)

If they're making it in HD though... I wonder if they can fix the Vita version with this stuff too... At least if they plan on making it HD and not fixing anything. It'll seem weird for them to say this fixes everything bad about the Vita version, acknowledging the Vita version has problems, but not fixing them.

Hoping AC: Pirates is a vita game. I'd love for them to have another crack at making a AC Vita. Just hopefully they can dedicate more time to polishing the game.

Rayman Fiesta Run looks awesome too! Usually I dont like things being made into mobile games as its justifying it as a games platform, which I dont want to do, however... they handled it very well with Rayman Jungle Run (Though I could never beat the last level on the fourth chaper, that part where you have to jump up into a vertical wall jump PERFECTLY, tried it many times, sometimes done it, but died shortly after, the timing is very hard to get for me. I definitely wont object to another rayman mobile game though!

Ubisoft said it sold 600k+ and seemed relatively pleased with the results.

It presumably did turn a profit, but not enough to keep them from immediately assigning the dev team to ACIV in lieu of a Vita sequel.

But as with RE:R and MoF (and probably Blackgate as well), I suspect it would have been ported to consoles regardless.

jcm

The game is so slow. The framerate is horrendous and movement just feels way off. Combat is when it gets worst, especially when trying to counter.

I played through Sequence 2 and can't remember enjoying myself much at all.

Are you sure you weren't playing AC3? :)

sajj316

Are you sure you weren't playing AC3? :)

Framerates do hit 20 and below during combat and general traversal. Ubi did use a lower GPU clock frequency to save on battery life. I'd rather they just use the max and let us play a better experience.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
AC Liberation HD will happen. I knew about it since pre-Gamescom and I was really surprised that they didn't announced it there. PS3/X360.

No Wii U version? Bad message to send before the AC4 release...

Lesiroth

By the way, did they ever bother patching Liberation after release? I remember a lot of complaints about how buggy it was, not sure if it remained that way.

I've never cared for AC but Liberation grabbed my attention for some reason. Don't have a vita so I might check it out now.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
By the way I hope Ubisoft will release the Rayman auto runner on consoles or handhelds too. I cannot understand why they didn't do that for the last one.

Given that these games were showcased at a Digital Day, it seems unlikely that any of them will get a retail release (Watch_Dogs in this instance clearly pertains to the companion app). With that in mind, AC: Pirates is most likely an iOS/Facebook game rather than a Vita or 3DS title, while Liberations HD will cut out the dreadful multiplayer and touchscreen gimmickry from the Vita game and just have the campaign for, say, £10-£15.

Fiesta Run's the game I'm most excited about from that list. I kind of hope it has its own unique theme rather than just being repurposed assets from Legends, even if Jungle Run suggests that would be no bad thing.

(As a side note, I'd personally love AC:pirates to be a turn-based strategy in a similar vein to Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Almost certainly won't happen, but I think that could be pretty cool.)

Drakeon

Liberation really ain't worth it guys, not unless it's dirt cheap. I still don't really know the plot of the game and I beat it.. >_>

I'm off on holiday next week and had AC: Liberation penciled in as my Vita game for the flight, didn't realise it had such a bad rep. How long does it take to get through it? Outside of the technical issues, is the core game that bad?

QP3

I'm off on holiday next week and had AC: Liberation penciled in as my Vita game for the flight, didn't realise it had such a bad rep. How long does it take to get through it? Outside of the technical issues, is the core game that bad?

Honestly, I don't think it is that bad. I still say this: if you go into it expecting an AC game, and nothing more, then you will at least enjoy it. It feels like it's console predecessors.

Gskyace

Nice to see Kotaku sticking with the new policy on reporting leaks that they outlined after the ACIV poster leak: they won't initially break an NDA themselves, but if someone else does, they won't pretend there's any uncertainty about its legitimacy. Too bad other outlets won't do this.

Personally, I think It's a shame for Kotaku.That's twee.

In their article and replies, how they "understand" the NDAs, is just fun to read.
It's like they are totally innocent. : D But actually, if they've signed the NDA, they should have keep it anyway. So now they want the news covered, the page view growed, with no responsibility taken. That's weak.

If I've signed the NDA, we would have followed it anyway we could. I won't even retweet the leak because it's potentially break the rules. But this time, I could say the leak is from the Ubisoft staff, and I don't sign the NDA or any agreement with Ubisoft. Then it's free for me to report and post.

So Kotaku should have quoted the A9VG and Neogaf rightly, like other media.Please don not use "somebody", which sounds quite evil. XDDD It's a basic for media to at least quote right, isn't it?

Top Bottom