• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New MGS game by Konami?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Those graphics look pretty decent.

Would love an MGS3 revision like that.

But Pachinko . . .

What a waste.. They created this fantastic engine and now it is being used to render pachinko cinematics.
From one of the best sequences in the series. At least.

Cj7jQ-EVEAAPxXs.jpg:large

Cj7jTXOUoAAbvFr.jpg:large

should have been in the OP with the title rumor: mgs 3 remastered incoming?.

NZerker12

Seriously fuck Konami.

Imagine in a good timeline this could have be a MGS3 remake, instead it is used for fucking Pachinko.

Fuck Konami.

Youtube video google translate:

"The industry's first! 32 inches full HD the entire surface of a liquid crystal mounted. The next generation of pachislot and entertainment experience begins.
Overwhelming sense of realism, high-end video and by the dramatic and thrilling story and battle, deliver the best of pachislot and entertainment experience ever!"

Shredderi

Oh fuck me sideways! Now I'm left imagining a full remake of MGS3 with these graphics. MGS3 just happens to be in my top 5 games of all time so it fucking hurts. All this for fucking pachinko...

NZerker12

Oh fuck me sideways! Now I'm left imagining a full remake of MGS3 with these graphics. MGS3 just happens to be in my top 5 games of all time so it fucking hurts. All this for fucking pachinko...

I understand how you feel accept for me MGS3 is my GOAT.

Fuck Konami.

Ryan_MSF

all that work, all that fidelity for a fucking pachinko machine.

How you went from my favourite developers to the biggest assholes in the industry... fuck you konami :_;

Seriously though. They could've easily just been lazy and steal assets from Phantom Pain, and just make a pachinko machine out of the cutscenes. But no, they just had to get creative.

The one time I wished for a company to be lazy, and they weren't.

//DEVIL//

Wish if we get a remake of MGS3 that looks this good.

If anything i hope from Konami remake all the other MGS games from to 3 ( fuck 4 what a pos)

I also think this is what Konami will do anyways right now is try to milk the series based on the old foundation. just small team to enhance the graphics and call it a day.

Somehow, this is not only the worst timeline, it is also the best timeline for other reasons.

But God does it suck to be in this timeline right now.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Youtube video google translate:

"The industry's first! 32 inches full HD the entire surface of a liquid crystal mounted. The next generation of pachislot and entertainment experience begins.
Overwhelming sense of realism, high-end video and by the dramatic and thrilling story and battle, deliver the best of pachislot and entertainment experience ever!"

They make it sound like the most amazing thing when in reality, you just controlling a bunch a lever and hoping a ball enter a slot so you get a chance to hit jackpot. ZAWA

Who would have thought, all those years ago when you first played Metal Gear(Solid) that the series would meet its end as a pachinko franchise.

Aters

Are those things playable in the US too? It's just a kind of gambling right? Maybe I ought to try it to see why it's so addictive and lucrative.

Zomba13

I don't know how anyone can be shocked or outraged by this. It's Konami, the premier pachislot maker in Japan.

What a waste.. They created this fantastic engine and now it is being used to render pachinko cinematics.

Remember when they told Kojima he was wasting millions pouring all those resources into making the Fox Engine and MGSV

Shocker!!!... Fox Engine is being used the way Kojima had intended, and now, with Kojima's engine investment, they are able to produce next gen(current) games faster across multiple games/platforms (Console/mobile/pachinko).

#FuckPachinKonami

Top Bottom