• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New MGS game by Konami?

J4g3r

s38yBos.png

The comments are quite something.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Why are people taking offence to him using that word?
To rape something in this sense can be used as a metaphor (and has been for a long time), he clearly isn't using the word literally..
Don't use a term as serious as rape to describe a corporation mismanaging a fucking video game franchise.

sjay1994

Came to go "lol probably pachinko"

and its literally pachinko.

GJ OP, proving my cynicism.

Finally, after 12 years the boss's vision is fully realized.

mark_79

Banned
BASTAAAARDS!!!!!!!!

Jesus Konami, sell the fucking rights to somebody who'll respect what it is. You'll be more than handsomely rewarded I'm sure.

Imagine a Naughty Dog developed Metal Gear Solid 6 :(

Ratrat

BASTAAAARDS!!!!!!!!

Jesus Konami, sell the fucking rights to somebody who'll respect what it is. You'll be more than handsomely rewarded I'm sure.

Gross.
Metal Gear needs solid gameplay, not more self indulgent cinematics. Give it to Platinum.

Do you also get up in arms when people say 'you killed it!' after doing a good job of something?
Murder is pretty serious ya know...

Murder victims aren't constantly reminded of their own traumatic murder by a bunch of douches on the internet who casually throw the term around in a fucking video game discussion.

I'm taking this as a personal insult. My favourite all time game pissed on and used as another piece of shameless whoring. To me this is like shitting on the Mona Lisa, cutting it into pieces, blending all those pieces into a pulp, drying it into toilet paper, shitting on it again, and then framing it, all while it nets the culprit millions of dollars.

Rant aside, asides from a boycott, is there any ways I can actively harm Konami's business? Legal of course.

Rymuth

ZERO: Soshite, za busso no massatsu
SNAKE: za busso no massatsu...

Mo' like Metal Gear no massatsu, amirite? Hahaha..haaaaaaaa...:(

Ridley327

Murder victims aren't constantly reminded of their own traumatic murder by a bunch of douches on the internet who casually throw the term around in a fucking video game discussion.

I'm not sure there's much of a leg to stand on with that one, since relatives and friends of a murdered individual would certainly be subject to that level of trauma and grief.

Anyway, anyone expecting a different outcome for how Konami was going to handle MGS was only doing this harm to themselves.

AAMARMO

Banned
Im hearing stuff from ex-konami employees that this was suppose to be in MGSV. Not the pachinko part of course :3

Probably false.

Dunkley

I'm not sure there's much of a leg to stand on with that one, since relatives and friends of a murdered individual would certainly be subject to that level of trauma and grief.

I mean it's not a competition, but at least those wounds generally heal with time.

Can't say the same for rape survivors. These people deal with that trauma for a lifetime.

BASTAAAARDS!!!!!!!!

Than it will be better if MGS stay on pachinko. And people should stop trying to give ND every single franchise, because ND needs to stick with their own games.

eloxx

Those rendered scenes look amazing. MGS3 remaster. That would be so good.

Damn you Konami and you're 32 inch full hd "experiences".

I mean it's not a competition, but at least those wounds generally heal with time.

Can't say the same for rape survivors. These people deal with that trauma for a lifetime.

What on earth? Are you actually saying relatives of a murder victim start feeling better about it somewhere down the line?

Look, this is getting way off topic, but trying to one-up terrible traumatic events as a response to someone using a valid dictionary definition of a word might be the shittiest of all petty arguments.

And in case anyone's wondering, Merriam-Webster has one possible definition as "an outrageous violation." Oxford has something similar. Yes, it's a loaded word, and you might not agree with the intense reaction the poster had to the news, but don't jump on them for using a word in its correct context. Otherwise it apparently leads to these kinds of shit comparisons.

What on earth? Are you actually saying relatives of a murder victim start feeling better about it somewhere down the line?

Look, this is getting way off topic, but trying to one-up terrible traumatic events as a response to someone using a valid dictionary definition of a word might be the shittiest of all petty arguments.

And in case anyone's wondering, Merriam-Webster has one possible definition as "an outrageous violation." Oxford has something similar. Yes, it's a loaded word, and you might not agree with the intense reaction the poster had to the news, but don't jump on them for using a word in its correct context. Otherwise it apparently leads to these kinds of shit comparisons.

Thank you. It's nice to see fellow level headed responses.

Yo what the fuck man

Do you even know what rape means?
"The wanton destruction or spoiling of a place"

Rape has multiple meanings and, while I doubt this was the intended meaning (it rarely is in a modern context, especially online), it is technically correct. Probably not the term I would use given the other meaning.

Kazuhira

Snake looks too old,they just used his GZ face.
That's kinda lazy considering that they made new models for the Boss and the Cobra unit

Top Bottom