• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New MGS game by Konami?

Darkangel

After MGSV I'm kind of excited to see what a Kojima-less MGS can bring to the table.

I hope they start a new timeline branch or something like Ghost Babel.

20fps be damned, but the 3DS version of Snake Eater with optional 3rd person over shoulder aiming, better CQC prompts, and crouch walking to name a few, makes the other versions of this game really hard to play.

Citra emulating Snake Eater 3D in HD with a 60fps hack will be a beauty when it's possible in a few years.

Edit: I really need to buy my first PS3 someday and play through the Legacy Collection.

Edit 2: I just remembered that there's no way to swim faster in the 3DS version, making certain moments like the Pain's fight much harder than needed.

Yeah it's always funny when Snake Eater 3d gets shit on. I actually prefer it's low frame rate to the other versions shitty controls. The 360 versions almost broken, you need to hold 4 different buttons aim a gun in 1st person. Fuck that.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
YWeg8eV.gif

HURT ME MORE

Ame

That has no business being a pachinko machine, because now I want a remake of MGS3.

Also, wtf is a pachinko machine? Some sort of slots?

Freeman

Banned
i'll buy the game out of curiosity if they use the game to indirectly tell the story to what happened between them and Kojima.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
How do The Boss and Quiet exist in the same franchise? I just don't understand. I love that she actually looks like an older woman.

I've already come to terms with the fact that every dream game announcement I want will be granted, but in the form of pachinko.

HeelPower

Surprised they went through the effort of creating this CG ,instead of lifting off the scenes directly from the decade old game.

And..The Boss actually looks really good.

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god I only just saw the trailer, I cannot believe they actually remade chunks of MGS3 in the Fox engine for a motherfucking pachinko machine.

Man, when you see the Cobra Unit I was like "WOOOWW" and then that fucking pachinko machine slowly fades in and a part of me actually died a little inside.

It's not enough for Konami to stab fans in the heart, they want to twist the knife so you feel the pain even more. I can't believe this is actually a thing. I'm baffled.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Where are people getting the idea that these videos were created in the Fox Engine?
No idea. Really strange assumption. Probably because it's Metal Gear?

It does have that kind of flair, to me.

It didn't look like a Blur production, or something like that.
Because it's much cheaper CGI compared to something Blur would be produce.

SpokkX

Haha is Konami actually trolling gamers? They actually created a snake eater slot machine and they have a TRAILER for it. Really sounds like trolling to me..

...Or are they just out of touch with what the gane community outside of japan is saying about them.. Yeah i guess :(

Haha is Konami actually trolling gamers? They actually created a snake eater slot machine and they have a TRAILER for it. Really sounds like trolling to me..

...Or are they just out of touch with what the gane community outside of japan is saying about them.. Yeah i guess :(

This is what i'm hoping.

Obviously its some kind of SquareEnix level of trolling right?

MGS3 remake is coming right?!!

Right?!?!?!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Maybe. But the lighting makes me think it was produced in-house using the FOX Engine. Could be wrong, though.
Probably made by the same people who made the other CGI scenes for the other things, like Castlevania. You have to realistically think about why a team of execs would bother using a game engine to render cinematics for a slot machine.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Honestly... I can't even be outraged by this anymore. Not even a little bit. Konami has been dead to me for so long that I'm actually finding this really entertaining, if only from the reactions. Such as these:

The feeding ramp is polished to a mirror sheen. The slide's been reinforced. And the interlock with the frame is tightened for added precision.
The sight system is original, too. The thumb safety is extended to make it easier on the finger. A long-type trigger with non-slip grooves. A ring hammer... The base of the trigger guard's been filed down for a higher grip.
And not only that, nearly every part of this pachislot has been expertly crafted and customized. Where did Konami get something like this?
YWeg8eV.gif

HURT ME MORE
xD Love it.

How do The Boss and Quiet exist in the same franchise? I just don't understand. I love that she actually looks like an older woman.
Gotta be honest, I really dig the aging they did to The Boss. She looks her age.
Ummmm what
Cj7jQ-EVEAAPxXs.jpg:large

If anything she looks younger... but I guess she doesn't look like David Bowie anymore.

pur

Neo Member
It hurts so bad. I replayed Snake Eater last year, still one of the best games ever made. I just want a hd remake w/MGSV controls. God damn Konami...

After MGSV I'm kind of excited to see what a Kojima-less MGS can bring to the table.

I hope they start a new timeline branch or something like Ghost Babel.
I'd be up for either someone like the Metal Gear Portable Ops director taking over, and basically taking over Venom's story since Venom is sort of the 'detached from Kojima' character. The MPO director is more than capable of making a great full-on MGS imo ... at least in terms of story, I like MPO just as much as PW and GZ/PP. Then, just sort of run with the other core MGS V staff (e.g. Zhang Tian for scenario and level design I guess) and sort of do a Metal Gear Venom: The Diamond Dogs or something.

That sort of Mother Base/Diamond Dogs/recruit + upgrade + MB Coins integration is also probably the only way Konami is going to make a AAA MGS game anyhow so may have to sort of embrace it as a necessary evil.

Nzyme32

What's hilarious to me is that even if Konami did do a remaster of the older MGS games, people would slam the shit out of it, but I'm certain will still buy it - assuming it has reasonable performance

"kojima's word is the voice of god, he is truly a prophet,
latest
" *ignores entire The Boss speech about today's enemies being tomorrow's allies, spams #fucKonami*

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The last time we got an MGS remake we got Twin Shits.

Some of you need to be careful what you wish for.

It does have that kind of flair, to me.

It didn't look like a Blur production, or something like that.

Maybe. But the lighting makes me think it was produced in-house using the FOX Engine. Could be wrong, though.

Neither of the things you're describing are exclusive to an engine and can be mimicked for a CG pachinko video.

How the heck isn't this remade for PS4?!

Because there's much more to a game than CGI?

Kholdy

Neo Member
This only makes me think how great Snake Eater is and how godly would be a remake on fox engine.

Oh, and that once we had great original music on MGS.

Top Bottom