• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Overwatch hero unveiling on Monday, likely Sombra (support sniper) [Nope]

Possibly, though so far they've been drawing the female robots as more effeminate, like Athena:

5ed1f5lfn-vucz9klupm44uyax.jpg

Don't even get me started on Athena. She is gonna be an awesome Support, I just know it!

Though I suppose you aren't wrong. The monk in Alive quite clearly was also a male and the other Omnics we've seen have been dressed in traditionally male clothing.

Well, I draw the distinction because Zenyatta is referred to as "he" in his background story whereas Bastion is referred to as "it".

Not only that but Bastion is a completely different type of robot than Zenyatta. It's possible that Bastion is more of an autonomous kind of robot? All the stuff they've shown of the robot wars, the robot troops looked like Bastion more than Zenyatta.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Not only that but Bastion is a completely different type of robot than Zenyatta. It's possible that Bastion is more of an autonomous kind of robot? All the stuff they've shown of the robot wars, the robot troops looked like Bastion more than Zenyatta.

Yeah, I think Bastion's not an Omnic, but a security turret robot.

Yeah, I think Bastion's not an Omnic, but a security turret robot.

I THINK he's still an Omnic, just a different type. As far as I can tell, 'Omnic' literally just means 'Robot' in Overwatch, so Zenyatta and Bastion are both Omnics. At least, that's what Bastion's backstory seems to suggest imo:

"Originally created for peacekeeping purposes, Bastion robot units possessed the unique ability to rapidly reconfigure themselves into an assault-cannon mode. But during the Omnic Crisis, they were turned against their human makers, forming the bulk of the omnics' rebel army. Following the resolution of the crisis, nearly all of them were destroyed or disassembled. To this day, Bastion units still symbolize the horrors of the conflict."

I THINK he's still an Omnic, just a different type. As far as I can tell, 'Omnic' literally just means 'Robot' in Overwatch, so Zenyatta and Bastion are both Omnics. At least, that's what Bastion's backstory seems to suggest imo:

"Originally created for peacekeeping purposes, Bastion robot units possessed the unique ability to rapidly reconfigure themselves into an assault-cannon mode. But during the Omnic Crisis, they were turned against their human makers, forming the bulk of the omnics' rebel army. Following the resolution of the crisis, nearly all of them were destroyed or disassembled. To this day, Bastion units still symbolize the horrors of the conflict."

Which honestly makes him a tragic character in my eyes. Its clear he..well, I don't know if he has a soul but he definitely is different. Well I suppose at the very least he likes birds.

Oh, Bastion is just what it is. It seems that the Omnic rebels were robots like Zenyatta who were more or less sentient, while the Bastion-type robot was a robot meant to destroy. So this Bastion might be one of the last few Bastion units that happens to be.....neutral?

Squire

Banned
Oh, this might be a good place to ask, if there's lots talk.

There's a spray you get for winning 100 matches. It's a woman holding a flag and pointing and "Victory" is written. I think she's a statue on Volskaya, too. Who is she?

Permanently A

As long as this is the speculation zone, here are the two most referenced characters from the textures from what I can tell

Doomfist

Hmm, "The Successor" and "Fashion Week" both have identical letters, the sideways Y and the CC+ symbol.

Wouldn't put it past Blizzard to make an Omnic Alphabet.

Top Bottom