• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] New Persona Dancing Game to Also Be Announced Soon, Official Domain Updated

They are making 2 right now. One series getting games does not make another not get games.

i have such low expectations for smt 5 at this point and SJ looks like an enhanced port that lost the charm of the original when they changed the artwork from kaneko to doi.

i just want the series to return to console in a big way or get a new radiou game but i know neither will happen.

DJChuy

I'll admit I bought P4D but never played it and have no intentions to. Next dancing game will probably be the same case with me. I'm part of the problem.

DNAbro

i have such low expectations for smt 5 at this point and SJ looks like an enhanced port that lost the charm of the original when they changed the artwork from kaneko to doi.

i just want the series to return to console in a big way or get a new radiou game but i know neither will happen.

Well your low expectations are your own fault isn't it? Apocalypse's gameplay was really amazing so I'm not worried about that and since the HD project is seemingly on PS4 and Switch I can't see how it isn't returning to consoles in a big way.

SimonM7

Dancing All Night was really, really cool. Its approach to beatmapping is remarkably different from other rhythm games, and once you click with it, the sensation actually really resembles *when* you feel inclined to move to the beat while dancing.

I liked it a lot, and my only issue with the first one is that there isn't anywhere near enough of it.

I hope a new one has a significantly larger and more interesting song list.

How is HD SMTV not a return to consoles in a big way?

I don't see any reason to have low or high expectations of smt v given we've seen pretty much nothing of it

I'm fine with a new Persona dancing game if they cut ALL story out and give us original versions of the songs instead of just remixes. The core gameplay of the game was good, and the Marie/Adachi DLC was superb, but the plot was bad enough to retroactively diminish my enjoyment of Persona 4.

marmoka

Banned
Persona 5 portable for Switch please!!

Some of us need the portable version of this game. We want to play it again on a portable console!

muteki

To have a bit of a wishlist:
- have better beatmaps
- let any character dance to any song
- have secondary characters present for the duration of the song
- prioritize original versions of songs

Why are we getting a Dancing All Night and Q sequel before an Arena sequel

Just...why
ASW is doing bigger and better things atm.

To have a bit of a wishlist:
- have better beatmaps
- let any character dance to any song
- have secondary characters present for the duration of the song
- prioritize original versions of songs

ASW is doing bigger and better things atm.

I don't want this if it comes at the price of more generic moves for each character, a large part of the charm in DAN was seeing the unique dumb animations that fit each character and the song they were in.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
My bet is PS4/Vita and maaaaybe Switch.

that would be such a kick in the teeth to bring the DAN spin off to switch and not 5.

I'm cool with this tbf, I'd love to hear remixes of the P5 soundtrack into upbeat tracks and I enjoyed P4:DAN

Although I would like an arena game with characters from all persona games but that would take more time

Guessing it will be Vita and PS4, although id love a downport of P5 to come to vita so i could play it whereever.

DNAbro

How big is ArcSys? Can they handle and have the staff to make that animu game, Dragon Ball, BlazBlue and a new Persona arena?

I believe they have two main teams, Red is working on GG/Dragon Ball and Blue is working on Blazblue and that new Blazblue crossover game, which also has Persona characters.

https://twitter.com/oikvw/status/887232773248778240
almostallnightghs4d.png

Heh.

Opa-Pa

Obviously, a team within Atlus working in a rhythm game spinoff is what's stopping them from making more Megaten games such as Raidou and DDS.

RIP :(

FluxWaveZ

I believe they have two main teams, Red is working on GG/Dragon Ball and Blue is working on Blazblue and that new Blazblue crossover game, which also has Persona characters.

Has it been confirmed that Team Red is responsible for DBZ? I thought one of the P4AU producers was working on DBZ, and the game shares gameplay similarities to the P4U series.

DNAbro

Has it been confirmed that Team Red is responsible for DBZ? I thought one of the P4AU producers was working on DBZ, and the game shares gameplay similarities to the P4U series.

I just assumed cause the engines used, I could be wrong about that. Point is, they have 2 games they are currently working on and two teams + two games they are still supporting.

mrmickfran

I'm moreso surprised at how fast they jumped on the spin-off train compared to P4.

They're not trying to miss a second of P5 hype.

105.Will

While I love dancing all night as a game, I really disagree with the direction they took persona 4 in terms of tone, and was kinda hoping they wouldn't do the same to P5. But what ever, BRING ON THE SLAUGHTER.

Edit: Honestly. Ditch the story, include all the games, and just make it a fun arcade like fame and I'm all smiles.

I would've preferred Persona 5 Arena but I'll take the Rhythm game as long as it's Persona 5: Dancing All Night
with Kawakami
. ^_^

RocBase

It's been mentioned that it's not just Team Red or any specific team, it's several people from all the teams at ASW.

Though RE: No P5 Arena, maybe they might add P5 characters as DLC in that tag game? Since they are making new sprites for the Ruby people.

So we've got the dancing game and the dungeon crawler rumoured to be on the horizon. To be honest, I was hoping they'd branch out into a different genre they haven't done before. I'm not a fan of the above.

Presumably we'll get the fighting game too, which is better, but still not exciting enough to me.

Top Bottom