- May 17, 2009
The following info/rumors come from the German version of PSM3. Here's a google translation. Lock and mock if old e.t.c.:
Original link here
Forecast: Details about PS4 from PSM3 Magazine
16.11.12 - The British magazine PSM3 has published in its latest issue a report on the PS4. In it, the magazine has compiled all relevant notifications to next generation console from Sony and talked to developers and other sources.
First The console does not mean PS4
* The PlayStation brand will be present in the device name, but not the 4th
* The number 4 in Japan is pronounced "shi". "Shi" also means death. Many hospitals in Japan have therefore no room with the number 4 or even a fourth floor - similar to a few high-rise buildings in the West no 13th Floor have.
* The code name of the console is - as reported - currently Orbis and could perhaps later be part of the final name.
Second Games of the first generation will look like the high-end PC demos on watchdogs and Star Wars 1313 or Square Enix's Luminous tech demo.
* PS4 demos to be shown by Sony at E3 2013th
Third PS4 games will not run well at 4K 'Ultra HD' resolution.
* The standard resolution of the PS4 should be at 1080p and 60 fps.
* If 4k can be used, then probably only for videos.
4th Used games are not readily run on the PS4.
* Sony is planning certain protections in the PS4, including perhaps an online pass or something similar.
5th The memory should be at 4GB to 8GB
The PS4 will probably have 4GB of memory, but in the end could have 8GB: If the Microsoft Xbox 360 successor have 8GB memory, then Sony would be put under pressure and should follow suit.
6th 16GB flash memory are planned.
7th The PS4 will not be backwards compatible with PS3 games.
8th Games need to be registered to PlayStation Network account.
9th The paid premium service PlayStation Plus will be an important pillar of the PS4.
10th Every PS4 should be shipped with a PS Move compatible controller and camera.
11th Classic games will be available via cloud gaming (Gaikai).
12th "In-Game" Advertising is to keep on the PS4 collection.
13th The console will use an AMD Accelerated Processor (4 cores). The chip carries the code name "Liverpool" and is produced in a 28-nanometer process.
14th The PS4 will cost about EUR 400 to EUR 500 in Europe, where Sony has here probably expect to lose.
Sony has not commented or confirmed the information.
Original link here