• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Alan Wake Titled 'Night Springs'; For XBLA. [Website Images Appear]

Saty

So, that new AW game that isn't a sequel or DLC is supposedly this XBLA game named Alan Wake : Night Springs.
A 'trusted source' had said so to xblafans.com

An extremely trusted source has leaked to us that the upcoming Alan Wake: Night Springs will be an Xbox Live Arcade title and not a retail release. We have seen screen caps, but have been asked not to disclose them at this time. We have emailed Microsoft asking for a comment and will update as the situation develops.
http://www.xblafans.com/rumor-alan-wake-night-springs-will-be-an-xbla-title-13758.html

In terms of reliability, the site mentions at the link that they had posted about the recently announced Gotham City Imposters months ago.

Always wanted a game based on horror and sci-fi anthology series like Twilight Zone/Night Gallery/Outer Limits/Tales from the Crypt/Hitchhiker/Tales from the Darkside.

KAL2006

Banned
The lineup I expected for MS E3 was Halo CEmake, Alan Wake 2, Crackdown 3, Forza 4, Gears 3 and lame Kinect games.

that line up I am expecting is disappointing with the exception of Alan Wake 2, but if it turns out the new Alan Wake game is going to be a shitty XBLA Kinect game then MS E3 will be even shitter than I originally thought. Another game that is rumored to be a Kinect game is Codename Kingdoms

jagowar

I wish they had put out the screenshots.... I would be interesting to see what kind of a game this could be. They could do some really cool episodic things over xbla if that is the route they take with it (from some of the previous rumors).

derFeef

Schweet!

shwimpy said:
So... Kinect-enabled for sure?
What has this quote to do with Kinect?

KAL2006 said:
The lineup I expected for MS E3 was Halo CEmake, Alan Wake 2, Crackdown 3, Forza 4, Gears 3 and lame Kinect games.

that line up I am expecting is disappointing with the exception of Alan Wake 2, but if it turns out the new Alan Wake game is going to be a shitty XBLA Kinect game then MS E3 will be even shitter than I originally thought. Another game that is rumored to be a Kinect game is Codename Kingdoms
That upcoming game is not meant to be AW2.

TheOddOne

KAL2006 said:

Smh. Every thread KAL, every thread.

KAL2006

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Smh. Every thread KAL, every thread.

What do you mean, I am just saying it is a shame the new rumored Alan Wake game turned out to be a XBLA game rather than a full Alan Wake sequel.

derFeef said:
That upcoming game is not meant to be AW2.

Oh my bad, so are Remedy making another Alan Wake game as well as this XBLA game

TheOddOne

KAL2006 said:
What do you mean, I am just saying it is a shame the new rumored Alan Wake game turned out to be a XBLA game rather than a full Alan Wake sequel.
I doubt you would care about a AW sequel. You would be complaining that... its a sequel.

Lingitiz

KAL2006 said:
I would rather see an Alan Wake spinoff than a rushed product barely a year after release. AW2 will probably be out in 2012. Also, no matter what the announcement is you would have hated it anyways.

I think that releasing a core-oriented Kinect game as a $60 retail product is something of a gamble, so a lower-priced XBLA release makes sense. Assuming this is indeed a Kinect title, anyway.

panda21

more Alan Wake can only be a good thing. might be interesting to see what they can do with Kinect, although I'd prefer a proper game.

KAL2006

Banned
TheOddOne said:
I doubt you would care about a AW sequel. You would be complaining that... its a sequel.

Not really, we only had 1 Alan Wake game a year ago, if a new Alan Wake got announced at E3 for Q1 2012, I wouldn't call that over saturation of a franchise, Halo CEmake on the other hand would be a boring sequel...I mean remake, as well as Crackdown 3 or Fable 4. I don't mind sequels actually as long as the sequel is vastly improved and not just more of the same (for example Crackdown 2)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so... it will be standalone episodes from "night springs" the twilight zone-esque wake tv show? kick ass!

kuYuri

Science! It bestows immortality on those who advance it to elevate all of mankind. Newton! Einstein! Sagan! Princes among men! But the price for such a legacy is steep indeed... in Night Springs.

I buy this if for no other reason than to support Remedy and the AW IP. But I hope it's something that fans of the original game will enjoy. I liked AW for the atmosphere, story and gameplay unless they go completely into the Night Springs cheesy Twilight Zone-type adventure.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The possibility exists that it's actually DLC at heart, and they're just making it run independently to reach more people, like Dead Rising 2's Case Zero and Case West.

TheOddOne

KAL2006 said:
Not really, we only had 1 Alan Wake game a year ago, if a new Alan Wake got announced at E3 for Q1 2012, I wouldn't call that over saturation of a franchise, Halo CEmake on the other hand would be a boring sequel...I mean remake, as well as Crackdown 3 or Fable 4. I don't mind sequels actually as long as the sequel is vastly improved and not just more of the same (for example Crackdown 2)
No offense, but talking about saturation is not the point I was making. You always show up in these thread with "why is there no ip", ''no one will care for lame kinect games", "Sony always goes for new IP's", "XBLA is lame, I only like rentail games". Everytime we go into these discussions a pletoria of posters give valid points and you just disappear after that. I doubt you played any of those games you called "oversaturated" so I dunno how you can complain about it. This the last I'm discussing about this, lets focus on the game now instead of lists.

KAL2006

Banned
TheOddOne said:
No offense, but talking about saturation is not the point I was making. You always show up in these thread with "why is there no ip", ''no one will care for lame kinect games", "Sony always goes for new IP's", "XBLA is lame, I only like rentail games". Everytime we go into these discussions a pletoria of posters give valid points and you just disappear after that. I doubt you played any of those games you called "oversaturated" so I dunno how you can complain about it.

No my complaint here was I thought 360 is getting this game and no Alan Wake 2, which before I thought 360 is getting Alan Wake 2. Obviously a full sequel is more exciting than a XBLA spin off, however one of the other posters corrected me and said Remedy is likely making Alan Wake 2 as well, so guess if the other poster is right then I retract my point.

Rahxephon91 said:
Lame. An XBLA title and not a full on sequel does not sound exciting and full me with hope of what MS is going to bring at E3.

This was what I was getting at, I don't want MS E3 to be Kinect games, XBLA games and remakes (Halo CE), I want proper hardcore full retail games.

Well I loved the stupid cheese that was Night Springs, so if the game really is based on that I will be happy (unless it is for Kinect).

KAL2006 said:
No my complaint here was I thought 360 is getting this game and no Alan Wake 2, which before I thought 360 is getting Alan Wake 2. Obviously a full sequel is more exciting than a XBLA spin off, however one of the other posters corrected me and said Remedy is likely making Alan Wake 2 as well, so guess if the other poster is right then I retract my point.

This was what I was getting at, I don't want MS E3 to be Kinect games, XBLA games and remakes (Halo CE), I want proper hardcore full retail games.
why does it matter how the game reaches you? does Lara Croft suddenly become something other than a great game aimed at gamers just because you download it? same with Shadow Complex.

Dear gamers and game developers,

just because you reference something that IS good doesn't make your product good. The twilight zone homages in Alan Wake were abysmal . I love the twilight zone; therefore, when you create a homage to it that is clearly not meant to make fun of twilight zone and yet does only that, you look LESS talented, not more talented. It makes me say "Wow, rod serling was very talented and clever, you are not."

If you're gonna try to take homage to Gretzky, you better at least know how to tie your skates.

KAL2006 said:
You don't like most Microsoft IP's, or at least the sequels, you don't seem to have any interest in Kinect, you're not a big fan of XBLA and you don't own a 360, so I don't understand why you're repeatedly commenting on Microsoft's line-up and how much you don't like it in virtually every thread I go into where such a comment is vaguely applicable.

NateDrake

How does an XBLA game reach people that never played Alan Wake or anything that Remedy said about this game? This is getting interesting and it better be at E3.

Say it is XBLA, couldn't the trusted source just be someone with access to PartnerNet? Assuming the game may have appeared on it.

KAL2006

Banned
InaudibleWhispa said:
You don't like most Microsoft IP's, or at least the sequels, you don't seem to have any interest in Kinect, you're not a big fan of XBLA and you don't own a 360, so I don't understand why you're repeatedly commenting on Microsoft's line-up and how much you don't like it in virtually every thread I go into where such a comment is vaguely applicable.

You couldn't be more wrong with your assumptions
I like XBLA/PSN games (I played and enjoyed games like Shadow Complex, Castle Crashers and etc), but full retail games get me excited more.
As for not liking MS IPs, you are quite right with Fable and Forza (not a fan of GT either), but I liked Halo games (for the campaign), Mass Effect and Gears of War series.
and obviously I don't like Kinect because I have yet to see a game that is worth buying a Kinect over, I just does see Kinect games working with hardcore games unless the game is on rails (which I am not a fan of).

Neuromancer said:
OK I might be up for this, after the disappointing Alan Wake. Sometimes smaller and shorter is a good idea.

Dude you don't even have a 360.

I don't have a 360 but I get to borrow a 360 as much as I want

OK I might be up for this, after the disappointing Alan Wake. Sometimes smaller and shorter is a good idea.

KAL2006 said:

Dude you don't even have a 360.

jagowar

Dogfacedgod said:
I buy this if for no other reason than to support Remedy and the AW IP. But I hope it's something that fans of the original game will enjoy. I liked AW for the atmosphere, story and gameplay unless they go completely into the Night Springs cheesy Twilight Zone-type adventure.

I also really liked the atmosphere/world (probably my fav setting for a game this entire generation) and story but hated the combat.... well hated is too strong. I liked the combat but hated that most of the game was you shooting things. I think alan wake would have been a much better game had they only had 25% of the combat and let us explore/experience the world more. Maybe with this they will try a different style of gameplay.

Top Bottom