• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NGP 1st party launch lineup revealed and launching this year before Japan

KAL2006

Banned
I know this has been posted on other threads but I think it needs more attention and it's own thread.

Basically a site called Jolt say they have details for NGP launch.

They say the NGP launch lineup is
Uncharted
Modnation Racers (this game wasn't even announced before)
Smart As
WipeOut 2048
Resistance (not for launch but near launch, Jan-March)
Also remember this is only 1st party launch lineup, there could be more from 3rd parties.

The site has also stated that NGP will launch this year and before Japan.

This is the source
http://www.jolt.co.uk/news/33378/ngp-launch-titles-appear-on-the-radar/

This all seems unreliable but you never know, note that they did say that WipeOut 2048 is coming for NGP, and there is a domain for wipeout 2048 by Sony.
http://whois.domaintools.com/wipeout2048.com

UPDATE, another website has a similar rumor
KAL2006 said:
here is a spanish website that has a rumored launch line up as well
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.nicagamerz.com/v6/news/1102/rumor-confirmacion-de-titulos-de-lanzamiento-de-ngppsp2/

Thanks to a reliable source who works for NICAGAMERZ SCEJ (Sony Computer Entertainment Japan) has sent us a list of titles confirmed by studies of SONY 1st Party that will be available when it is officially released NGP/PSP2.

Uncharted (temporary name)
ModNation Racers (temporary name)
Smart As
Wipeout 2048
Little Deviants
Next Hot Shots Golf

This list of games will be announced officially at E3 2011, which revealed the full names of the games.

The biggest surprise that we send to our source, is that the NGP/PSP2 be launched first in the U.S. before the rest of the world by the end of 2011, between October and December, and will be released in Japan NGP/PSP2 for early 2012, from January to March, where Europe will be the last to receive it from January to June 2012.

At the same time our source, we confirm that during that E3 2011 will tell you which games will be available for the launch of NGP/PSP2 by 3rd Party developers of SONY, where the only thing we said was, "Wait a few surprises games that will be available for NGP/PSP2 by other companies. "

Pretty much the same as the other source except there list adds Hot Shots Golf, and states US will get it first, then Japan, then Europe.

UPDATE2

Uncharted as a launch title is more than expected now.
http://www.scratchimage.com/
We are pleased to announce our involvement in Sony's flagship franchise, and newly announced PSP2/NGP launch title, Uncharted Portable (working title).

And Sony Bend has been working on the game for a long time
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...t=clnk&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com
Lead Graphics Programmer
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Public Company; SNE; Entertainment industry
January 2009 – Present (2 years 4 months)
Responsible for architecting and developing the core rendering technology behind Uncharted NGP.

UPDATE3

More on Uncharted NGP

Melville said:
In an interview with gameblog.fr, Christophe Balestra (co-president of Naughty Dog) gave a few tidbits about Uncharted NGP:

- It will take place between Uncharted 1 and 2
- The game will most likely have some interactions with Uncharted 3
- It will also have a different "vibe" and a different rhythm since it's a handheld game
- Maybe a little bit more exploration than in previous episodes (not 100% sure about this one, his phrasing is kind of weird)

Source in French: http://www.gameblog.fr/news_22502_un...tophe-balestra
he says that since it's a handheld game, people will probably want to play it in short bursts, hence the different vibe and rhythm.
To clarify the exploration comment, I think it sounded more like speculation based on the fact that it will have a different rhythm.

Another thing I forgot to add: according to him, one of the main challenges the team working on Uncharted NGP faces is learning to work with the actors. I guess that means we will have the same kind of cinematics we had in the PS3 games.

UPDATE4
Other games confirmed by 3rd parties are:
Falcom game for launch (could be Ys 8 as Falcom say they are working on it)
COD - announced at the NGP conference
Lego Harry Potter
FIFA 11
F1 2011
Konami announced they are making games for NGP for this fiscal (could be the Kojima game)
Nippon Ichi making game for NGP for this year
Tacmo Koei announced they are making games for NGP (Dynasty Warriors?)

these games are not confirmed for launch, but I am guessing they will eithe rmake it for launch or near launch

No Little Deviants? Seems weird that they would launch without the game that shows off a good amount of the new control methods.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Boy, Sony's first party output is probably the most uninteresting thing in the world to me.

Thankfully..

Aeana said:
Falcom has a launch game for it, so that's one third party.
..will probably have me buying a PSP2 on day one.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is a bit old, but I think most people missed it, so it's fine.

Blu_LED said:
No Little Deviants? Seems weird that they would launch without the game that shows off a good amount of the new control methods.
I'm thinking this will be a pack in title.

Aeana

hosannainexcelsis said:
I'm sure it'll only be part of the launch lineup in Japan.

This rumor may not come from a reliable site, but it seems like common sense to me.
I actually misread the title, thinking this was about Japan's launch lineup.

Its not the NGP until Monster Hunter is announced for this platform. I know its Capcom but that game might as well as be part of the first party game announcement.

Tucah

you speak so well
Uncharted and Wipeout already >>>> 3DS launch lineup.

Also two Uncharted games this year holy shit holy shit

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Vyrance said:
Solid launch lineup for sure. Would be all over Smast As and WipeOut. Where's my Little Deviants though?

Maybe it's a PSN game, and thus not on retail's radar.

Although I imagine this info is far from complete/settled yet.

Aeana

MiniBossBattle said:
Its not the NGP until Monster Hunter is announced for this platform. I know its Capcom but that game might as well as be part of the first party game announcement.
Does that mean when a Monster Hunter game is announced for 3DS that Sony will have gone third party?

Nirolak said:
This is a bit old, but I think most people missed it, so it's fine.

Has any launch PSP ever came with an actual 'pack-in' game? I can certainly remember bundles at higher cost.

TripOpt55

If Uncharted is there at launch, I will probably have to get it right away. I love both Uncharted and Sony Bend. Really looking forward to what third-parties have in store at E3. Hopefully some cool stuff.
Nirolak said:
That'd be sweet if it was a pack-in title.

KAL2006

Banned
Nirolak said:

Yep, I have said this before but LittleDeviants makes sense as a pack in game, it shows of the hardware with it's double touch gameplay, just like the AR games show off 3DS and Wii Sports shows of Wii. I also think LittleDeviants doesn't seem like a big enough game for retail release. I think Sony should pack in 2 games for NGP, the first one should be LittleDeviants that shows off the 2 touchpads, and an AR games that shows of motion and camera features.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Opus Angelorum said:
Has any launch PSP ever came with an actual 'pack-in' game? I can certainly remember bundles at higher cost.
I don't think so, but I'm not sure if Little Deviants is exactly a full game either, and Nintendo has kind of set a standard for pack-ins due to the AR games.

So, is Uncharted a port of Drake's Fortune, or a brand new game? The footage I saw looked mighty similar to the first game in terms of setting.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Uncharted 3 and Uncharted NGP launchin so close to each other seems weird though....

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
plainr_ said:
NGP launching in US first? Uncharted as a launch title? I'll be damned.

Jolt is a UK site. That said, they sound far from certain, and I'd be amazed if it was remotely true. I still remember David Reeves or Deering from SCEE (effectively) even saying PS3 would launch in Europe first, and of course we know how that turned out. So that makes me very skeptical of anything until things are firmly announced, not to mention retail rumours about what 'could' happen :p

Duffyside

Banned
If there is really an Uncharted game at launch, this will be the first system I buy at launch since the Gamecube (which I did not actively search for, just saw a bunch at a small Kmart and said "sure, what the heck.")

Add to it Modnation Racers, which was perhaps the most underrated game (aside from Vanquish) last year and this is one hell of a lineup, considering that this is just first party.

Great 1st party launch lineup, just like PSP before it. Kind of weird how Sony always nails handheld launches but never delivers when it comes to home consoles.

plainr_ said:
NGP launching in US first? Uncharted as a launch title? I'll be damned.
The site is UK, so us is meaning theyd get it first....with E3 right around the corner well find out for sure

cnizzle06

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
Uncharted 3 and Uncharted NGP launchin so close to each other seems weird though....

If they do actually do this, I'm sure there will be some incentive like cross-functionality of some sort.

Or new skins, money being transferable ect.

Top Bottom