• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NGP 1st party launch lineup revealed and launching this year before Japan

I wonder if there is going to be any in-game music, music in a portable is very important to me and I want to listen to my own music and play at the same time.

M.D

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe trademarked "Smart As"

You can see the game in action in the NGP video reveal. It appears at 0:38-45 as "Samrt As (working title)

Guess it not a working title anymore?

NGP Video

Trademark - Search for "Sony Computer Entertainment" in the owner field

M.D said:

You can see the game in action in the NGP video reveal. It appears at 0:38-45 as "Samrt As (working title)

NGP Video

Uncharted and Resistance and even Killzone still look so amazing in that video. Smart As looks compelling. In just two weeks, I cant wait to learn more on NGP.

Spiegel

Bettenhausen: ‘Very good chance’ of Ignition revealing NGP game at E3

One of the things that Bettenhausen mentioned on the podcast was Ignition’s next project, a game that “might be” for the NGP. He said that Ignition “might announce” a game for Sony’s NGP at E3, but it would depend on Sony’s press conference plans. After the show, he further noted to us that there would be a “99% chance” of a game announcement. Shane emphasized the “might” part of his statement, but 99% sounds like pretty good odds to us.

http://www.sidequesting.com/2011/05...-chance-of-ignition-revealing-ngp-game-at-e3/

Dedication Through Light said:
Some RPG would be nice, if its in time for launch.
RPGs at launch would be great but I really don't even need em at launch since there's a huge catalog of psp RPGs on psn that I haven't played yet. I'm getting the ngp day 1 regardless:)

Ngp has become very catchy for me I hope the keep the name, just change what it stands for; next gen playstation?

Spiegel

NightHawk17 said:
RPGs at launch would be great but I really don't even need em at launch since there's a huge catalog of psp RPGs on psn that I haven't played yet. I'm getting the ngp day 1 regardless:)

Ngp has become very catchy for me I hope the keep the name, just change what it stands for; next gen playstation?

Next Generation Portable

btkadams

NightHawk17 said:

fuck that. the playstation brand will be forever changed if they keep it at NGP. ps1/ps2/ps3 psp/psp2. it must be this way or the rapture really has come.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
KAL2006 said:
could be a new Mercury Meltdown
a potential Vanillaware title but I doubt it as they are working on 3DS
Or it could just turn out to be a port of Muramasa or El Shaddai
Was it ever confirmed Vanillaware were working on 3DS? I thought Marvelous just said they were publishing a 3DS title with 'lush 2D graphics' which everyone assumed meant Vanillware, then a few weeks later Vanillaware's latest title was revealed to be on PSP.

I'm hoping Ridge Racer is a launch title, as is tradition with new PlayStation hardware.

I'd also love to see an R-Type Tactics 3. That would make me buy NGP/PSP2 day one.

Oni Jazar

M.D said:

NGP Video

Damn I never saw that video. Everything looks awesome!

yurinka

herzogzwei1989 said:
I'm hoping Ridge Racer is a launch title, as is tradition with new PlayStation hardware.

I'd also love to see an R-Type Tactics 3. That would make me buy NGP/PSP2 day one.
I would love to see a real Ridge Racer (not that shit that is supposed to be coming for the current gen consoles) and a real R-Type. Not a Tactics one.

Sage00 said:
Was it ever confirmed Vanillaware were working on 3DS? I thought Marvelous just said they were publishing a 3DS title with 'lush 2D graphics' which everyone assumed meant Vanillware, then a few weeks later Vanillaware's latest title was revealed to be on PSP.

You are correct.

yurinka said:
I would love to see a real Ridge Racer (not that shit that is supposed to be coming for the current gen consoles) and a real R-Type. Not a Tactics one.

don't get me wrong, I'd love a traditional R-Type shmup, but I love Tactics/Command so much, I want another one (and yes I own the 2nd game, Operation Bitter Chocolate).

/XX/

As a disclaimer, I'll say this are merely unconfirmed news because I haven't seen any more sources stating the same on the last days, but the MoCell staff has posted other times verifiable information, so I'll trust their report.

SAMSUNG Mobile Display (SMD) is, apparently, producing the OLED screens, most probably based in specifications of proprietary Active-matrix OLED technology, to be assembled on Sony's Next Generation Portable (NGP). Probably, this means a nearby start of mass production for the device.

三星モバイルディスプレー、ソニーのNGPに有機EL供給 | MoCell
http://nsmsel.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-741.html

I think it doesn't means SAMSUNG is the sole provider of the screens, like it already happened with the TFT LCD modules for PSP made by SAMSUNG Mobile Display too, and those made by SHARP LCD Group for the first batches of the console's production. Maybe we could see different types of screen technologies applied to this product, similar to other recent gadgets.

/XX/ said:
As a disclaimer, I'll say this are merely unconfirmed news because I haven't seen any more sources stating the same on the last days, but the MoCell staff has posted other times verifiable information, so I'll trust their report.

SAMSUNG Mobile Devices (SMD) will produce OLED screens, most probably based in specifications of proprietary Active-matrix OLED technology, to be assembled on Sony's Next Generation Portable (NGP). Probably, this means a nearby start of mass production for the device.

三星モバイルディスプレー、ソニーのNGPに有機EL供給 | MoCell
http://nsmsel.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-741.html

I think it doesn't means SAMSUNG is the sole provider of the screens, like it already happened with the modules for PSP TFT LCD's made by SAMSUNG Mobile Devices as well, and also SHARP LCD Group for the first batches of the console's production. Maybe we could see different types of screen technologies applied to this product, similar to other recent gadgets.
I wonder how many units they could make each month before November or so.

/XX/

Dedication Through Light said:
I wonder how many units they could make each month before November or so.
At the moment I, personally, don't know. I was waiting for someone with more knowledge on this subject that could have answered this question. Anyway, there isn't much information about this right now.

Some years ago, around the launch time of the last PlayStation platform, information was more predictable. For one of the most important limiting factors in the production, the System LSI (large-scale integration) fabrication, SCEI has used in the past their partially owned SCEI Fab. 1/Fab. 2, hosted by Sony Semiconductor Kyushu Corporation (SCK) Nagasaki TEC plant, and other facilities sometimes as part of a joint-venture with Toshiba, like Oita TS Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (OTSS) or Nagasaki Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation (NSM).

Nowadays, the situation is not clear. Sony has shifted their semiconductor division focus on CMOS sensors for imaging products and diverse design/manufacture services destined to other business. The OTSS and NSM joint-ventures have been dissolved, and I don't know the SCEI Fab. 2 status since part of their assets and equipment where transfered to NSM in 2008, and now that Sony/SCK has recovered them, they haven't specified if all its fabrication lines are going to be re-tooled for CMOS sensor manufacturing or not.

The subsequent problem of all this is that for System LSI, they are outsourcing its procurement since a few years ago, as stated in one of their business presentations (http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/info/Semiconductor/2007.pdf), and it was rumored that this was one of their reasons for going with a more off-the-self System on Chip design for NGP, because of lack of manufacturing process control. Seeing this whole situation, I don't really know exactly how dependent of other suppliers they are, or if the recent Tōhoku Earthquake has messed up with some of their critical supply chain. We don't know much of this suppliers, if they have been affected, or continue to evaluate possible damages and distribution problems, so estimating their production capabilities is, right now, pretty difficult.

Top Bottom