• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nights of Azure 2 announcement leaked.

Guymelef

Thanks Gematsu.
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/rumor-nights-azure-2-announcement-leaked

Fuck yes!

Weekly Famitsu or Dengeki PlayStation is listing a “Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon” as due out for PlayStation 4 on December 22 in Japan.

The game is listed to launch in a standard edition for 7,884 yen, Premium Box for 11,124 yen, and Special Collection Box for 17,604 yen

Edit:
The game has officially been announced for Vita and PS4: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/348/1348043/

Not played the game, but it's nice to know that the first one was successful enough to warrant a sequel. Always nice to see new IP triumph.

Begaria

Been waiting on a decent price drop for the first game to check it out. Glad to see it do well enough to get a sequel.

surprised vita is being ditched given the listing

even if the first one had "questionable performance" on vita

I think the page is a list of release dates for PS4 games. So not down and out yet...

Though they clearly had incredible difficulty getting the game running at all on Vita, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched it. Will be interesting to see how many sales they lose by doing that though.

Guymelef

How well did the first do? In the West this didn't do that well but don't know about Japan

It opened better than any Atelier PS3 game in japan.

04./00. [PS4] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥7.344) - 35.907 / NEW
05./00. [PSV] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥6.264) - 32.904 / NEW
14./00. [PS3] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥7.344) - 10.416 / NEW

Huh, I thought the game was hot garbage? Why cheer for a sequel?

It's not.

I mean, if they make some serious improvements then I guess its fine. The game was decent, but not something I would have thought a sequel for. I guess I'll wait and see.

PsionBolt

This was that yuri-bait ARPG thing, yeah? I think I watched the Quick Look. I recall thinking it looked... not terrible.

In any case, It's always nice to see a B-game get a sequel.

Taruranto

In retrospect, the game didn't left me much. Bad plot, repetitive gameplay... it's not THAT bad, but I'm not particularly interested in a sequel.

Been waiting on a decent price drop for the first game to check it out. Glad to see it do well enough to get a sequel.

It already dropped to £20.

Huh, I thought the game was hot garbage? Why cheer for a sequel?

i wouldn't say it was garbage, i thought it was very uh lackluster and somewhat unsatisfying in hit detection

I think the page is a list of release dates for PS4 games. So not down and out yet...

Though they clearly had incredible difficulty getting the game running at all on Vita, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched it. Will be interesting to see how many sales they lose by doing that though.

I think you of all people very well know they'd lose a lot of their potential sales

I think you of all people very well know they'd lose a lot of their potential sales

Not really. I know the Vita SKU of most of these kinds of games normally matches the launch sales of the PS4 version and out-legs it, so ends up selling more, but I don't know how many people would buy the PS4 version instead if a Vita version didn't exist.

Not all of them, surely, but if it's a big enough number then it's a justified choice. Especially for an action RPG after the mess they made of the last one.

Cant wait for the OST. I liked the first game enough (even with flaws) to buy the US PS4 CE and the Vita JP CE in addition to normal edition for PAL.

SarusGray

I actually enjoyed the first tremendously for being Gust's first action title while also containing a love theme between the same sex gender AND also being handled very nicely rather than making a big deal out of it. I'm super excited and the first definitely was a good game but (felt somewhat rushed). If they had more time for the sequel, this series definitely has amazing potential.

Also the soundtrack was probably one of Gust's best.

Enjoyed the hell out of it. Pretty much the definition of a game that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Though I enjoy how it looks.
And I enjoy how it sounds.
And I enjoy how it plays (wish I could jump, though).
And the story isn't 100% garbage, even given whatever everyone else's standards are.

I welcome this sequel with open arms and wallet.

Daouzin

Really enjoyed the first game for the majority of it. If they actually address some of the issues and make the game pander a little less, I think this could become a pretty respectable franchise for them.

Shin-chan

I never got far into the first game. The story didn't seem good and the combat felt more than Musou levels of repetition.

Maybe it opens up later?

Either way, I'd be interested in a new one if they can make the combat more fun. And maybe have some slightly less ridiculously ... buxom... characters.

I've had the first one sitting in my cupboard waiting to be played for a few months now, what's the sort of turnaround time on Tecmo Koei localising Gust's games?

I've had the first one sitting in my cupboard waiting to be played for a few months now, what's the sort of turnaround time on Tecmo Koei localising Gust's games?
Mmmm this came out in October 2015 in jpn then March 2016 for Na,april 1st for Eu. Not too bad most other titles follow the same pattern I believe

Wagram

I'm hoping the dynamic is better with the characters. Lilysse was one of the worst characters i've ever seen in a video game.

SarusGray

Is it? Didn't start playing gust titles until this gen. That's impressive. Wonder why they didn't dub this than

It was the only way for them to justify probably localizing. Dubbing would cost too much and seeing the sales in the west not being stellar would have made it a waste of $. Hopefully the sequel fares better in the West. The japan sales though are great for it being a new IP.

Some details on those making it and the story

The project features Fatal Frame and Kagero (Deception) series director Makoto Shibata on the story, and Production I.G.’s Junichi Fujisaku, who wrote the script for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and directed Blood+, as the story supervisor.

A line of text on the website teases a “story played by the new moon, interlaced with love, love, and love.”

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/gust-opens-beautiful-girls-festival-project-2-teaser-website

I really enjoyed the first game so i'm hyped for this.

Not really. I know the Vita SKU of most of these kinds of games normally matches the launch sales of the PS4 version and out-legs it, so ends up selling more, but I don't know how many people would buy the PS4 version instead if a Vita version didn't exist.

Not all of them, surely, but if it's a big enough number then it's a justified choice. Especially for an action RPG after the mess they made of the last one.

maybe i assumed too much when most ps4-vita titles sales are sustained because of vita
i just think gust's base is more vita orientated anyway
¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

It's nice that the game is getting a sequel but they better make a ton of improvements because the first game is pretty bad on all aspects.

I wasn't expecting a sequel but I'll take it.

The first game had a bit of a Nierish quality to it, in that it was rough around the edges, but despite that I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

Looking forward to seeing what form the story will take considering what happened in the first game.

Top Bottom