• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Nintendo Direct on April 11th and the Last Before E3 - Reggie Send-Off?

SwitchForce made a video addressing rumors from a reliable source that predicted the previous 2 Directs:

It may be Reggie Fils-Aimé's last Direct before he leaves the company. We'll miss you, Reggie!

Last edited:

Anustart

The p'zone returned and suddenly Reggie is leaving? I smell a return of the bigfoot pizza. My stomach is ready.

Chronos24

The p'zone returned and suddenly Reggie is leaving? I smell a return of the bigfoot pizza. My stomach is ready.

Dude I miss that pizza so much. Or the Big New Yorker pizza that one was GOAT. I don't however see that if there is a direct it will be very minimal in that we'll just get some updates and maybe a new game announcement along with a goodbye from Reggie. The big stuff will come E3 it's just too big of a media event to put out big announcements beforehand.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
This would be awesome. Hope it happens!!!

Shifty1897

How nuts would it be if at his last direct he revealed Mother Trilogy on Switch. I can't think of a better way to go out on top.

Thurible

How nuts would it be if at his last direct he revealed Mother Trilogy on Switch. I can't think of a better way to go out on top.
Probably not going to happen, but it would be amazing if he left with an announcement of mother 3 coming to an international audience. He was always hounded by question of if and when mother 3 would come to the states. He would finally be able to put the matter to bed as one of his last acts and people would be able to experience more of the earthbound series (there are only three games, earthbound was the only one that got an official american release until they put mother 1/earthbound zero on the wii u virtual console. Now with the switch I don't believe there is any way to revisit the classic series in a modern setting aside from perhaps playing earthbound on the snes classic. I think a trilogy or rerelease wouldn't be a bad idea).

Last edited:

Raph64

What would Reggie tell us to do ?

D3rfygjUIAAc-qF.jpg

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

What will you miss...what has he done?

At least Perin Kaplin was entertaining avoiding questions.

He is a very charismatic man and different from the usual nerdy or blond robot normally in these roles.
He was entertaining to listen to in interviews.

I mean it's not like the President of Nintendo of America can make significant changes BUT
under his reign Nintendo of Europe got significantly better. We're actually now on par with the US if not a little better (Obviously forgetting about things like pricing of games but that's with every console)

Americans forget about this but it felt like Nintendo hated Europe for years.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
He is a very charismatic man and different from the usual nerdy or blond robot normally in these roles.
He was entertaining to listen to in interviews.

I mean it's not like the President of Nintendo of America can make significant changes BUT
under his reign Nintendo of Europe got significantly better. We're actually now on par with the US if not a little better (Obviously forgetting about things like pricing of games but that's with every console)

Americans forget about this but it felt like Nintendo hated Europe for years.

At least Europe got some decent Club Nintendo awards! Sure both groups sucked compared to the majesty of Japan, but damnit the US had some really shitty rewards.

Mista

Banned
Not expecting much out of it since E3 is 2 months away. Little send off then a big one at E3 maybe

Bakkus

It would have been announced by now if it was. I'm also not so sure it's a good idea to let a guy who has announced his retirement lead the direct.

StormCell

Reggie is incredibly iconic. I bet we'll have not heard the last from him. He was a huge part of Nintendo's Blue Ocean transition, and his persona played a huge role in kicking off the NDS and Wii generations in the western markets. This man is constantly undersold these days by people who don't know the wealth of knowledge and experience he brought with him from Pizza Hut. Oh well...

It'd be great to have a direct focused on sending him off on a memorable note. I don't know how well the japanese audience knows him, though, so they might not see the point of it, but for the rest of us it would be HUGE.

Top Bottom