• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR/NOT CONFIRMED] Assassin's Creed Empire (Egypt setting) screenshot leaked

GavinUK86

Looks like a cropped version of this one.

image1msjuf.png

Yeah, I'm game for Egypt, tho this dude looks more Greek. I could see it basically being set in and around the Eastern Mediterranean, so Greece, Turkey, the Levant and Egypt.

OldMuffin

Today is quite the leaky day between this and shadow of war.... hopefully this gets confirmed soon just like War did just a few moments ago!

But wait, didn't the whole story of the Creed start around the Crusades? It seems confusing to have Ancient history involved all of a sudden.

I only played 1 and 2 though so I may be out of the story loop.

Galava

But wait, didn't the whole story of the Creed start around the Crusades? It seems confusing to have Ancient history involved all of a sudden.

Oh boy. You missed
the ancient civilisation 10,000+ years ago, adam & eve(though that was in 2), AIs of the ancients in temples/hidden high-tech structures...

Shame that storyline was abandoned after AC3. I recommend you playing also Brotherhood, Revelations and 3, for the story-arc.

_Rob_

I'm so ready for this to be "a thing". Always a sucker for "ancient" history, especially Egyptian or Greek! As such the possibility this would be during the Ptolemaic era and encompass both Ancient Greece and Egypt gives me the James May tingles.

Oh boy. You missed the ancient civilisation 10,000+ years ago, adam & eve(though that was in 2), ancient research laboratory with AIs of the ancients...

Shame that storyline was abandoned after AC3.

The only Adam & Eve bit I remember are those secret scattered clips you could find around Italy. But I never gave it much thought.

I am both compelled to know more and fearful of the "convolutedness" it could bring. Hopefully it's more clever than the History channel material.

dugdug

Banned
Hm, very big AC fan, but, could not give *less* of a shit about this time period. Just doesn't click with my preferences at all.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

The assassins and templars existed long before AC1, they just had different names. Like in AC lore the group that murdered Julius Caesar were assassins, and this is a Roman Assassin during the rise of Constantine I.
YsLD3kY.png

This will make GG types angry but during that time period they were referred to as the Circle of Liberals. :p

Hm, very big AC fan, but, could not give *less* of a shit about this time period. Just doesn't click with my preferences at all.

I feel burned out even from watching a single screenshot… Loved Ass 2 en Brotherhood but just can't stand the Ubsoft open world anymore.

If the rumors are true, this is a reboot of the series and will probably throw away the old canon entirely.

As much as I would like them to take this approach. I think it will be tied into the existing canon unless they delay it further. From what I have heard, the movie tied into the existing canon a lot, and was an attempt to broaden their audience, and with the game being in development at the same time as the game, I suspect they will both be pushing the same continuity forward.

That said, I could also see a situation where the critical reception of the movie could influence them to delay the game, to deliver a more conventional reboot.

Clive

Looking forward to it. Unity was shit but Syndicate is seriously one of my favorite games this gen. It did a lot of things to make traversal better and faster and most missions were really well designed and fun unlike Unity. It also felt polished and bug-free. It's a shame the story in these games is hard to care about anymore. I've always enjoyed Egyptian and Greek history and culture so this has potential for me.

As much as I would like them to take this approach. I think it will be tied into the existing canon unless they delay it further. From what I have heard, the movie tied into the existing canon a lot, and was an attempt to broaden their audience, and with the game being in development at the same time as the game, I suspect they will both be pushing the same continuity forward.

That said, I could also see a situation where the critical reception of the movie could influence them to delay the game, to deliver a more conventional reboot.

That wouldn't make much sense considering the movie and comics are still following canon.

I guess that makes sense. Maybe it will be a fake reboot, like RE7. Distant from the canon, but still connected.

Falchion

This year made me realize how much I actually like this franchise and it's a lot. Can't wait for it to return, hopefully better off and full of new ideas from its sabbatical.

Larkoz

No. IIRC The Hashshashin are just the "modern" version of the Assassins. But they have existed since Adam and Eve's rebellion.

For example they were called Liberalis Circulum during the Roman Empire.

Scoops

Banned
Egypt setting might pull me back in to the series.

The last few European settings have been super bland and boring.

Loved AC4 overall, liked the setting of AC3 but didn't like the game itself.

The slanted geometry of the stones around the recessed door make it pretty obvious that he's entering a pyramid.

I wonder where this came from...

This thread just reminded me I got AC Syndicate for free with my video card like 15 months ago and haven't even touched it. I honestly don't know when or if I could play it at this point. I loved this franchise. Brotherhood is one of my favorite games from last generation, but AC3 felt like such a huge slight that it kept me away for a couple years and now Ubisoft open worlds just don't seem fun to me.

Top Bottom