• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: NX May Be Playable At EGX 2016 (September 22-25)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Coming from WCCF Tech:

According to a survey that can be completed by those who have purchased tickets for the EGX 2016, the Nintendo NX may be available in some form during the event, as the next Nintendo console is listed among the possible options of one question asking which platform users anticipate playing most as this year’s event, which will be held from September 22nd to September 25th in the UK.
Source: http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-playable-egx-2016-rumor/

nx-egx16-1z9kad.png

What is EGX?

It's only the UK's biggest video games event! Come along and you'll find the most anticipated console and PC games, all playable weeks or months before they're released. We also have presentations by game designers from world renowned studios, areas dedicated to esports, the opportunity to meet and chat with game creators and loads more.
https://www.egx.net/egx

I don't see an exhibitor list available yet, but Nintendo exhibited at the show last year.

It's probably purely a hypothetical question so I'm not putting too much stock in it, but regardless I think September is around the latest time Nintendo should announce NX.

NateDrake

I doubt NX will be in the hands of the public prior to early 2017.

NX will more than likely be revealed at a dedicated event hosted by Nintendo. 3DS and Wii U had NYC events that detailed the launch lineup and price. NX should have the same type event.

Volotaire

I hope so. The EGX date lines up with when Nintendo might reveal the NX. I have two days booked at the moment so I'm hoping it might be there. But I doubt they would be ready to showcase it that soon.

javac

Nintendo usually has an event around September to coincide with hardware launches, right? I could see the console being revealed around that time frame.

Oh I believe it. September was my prediction since this delay happened, since Sept and Oct are the months where Nintendo hold their mega fall conferences years ago (remember Monster Hunter 3 on Wii, Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS, etc?).

History repeating itself I bet, likely mid-month maybe, as I doubt it'll be playable at EGX prior to being announced and EGX itself seems a tad odd where Nintendo would hold their very own conference as mentioned.

I am positive they are spitballing and this was not Nintendo saying "Also we have NX games there, oh shit did we forget to tell them not to tell anyone, oh well I am sure it will be fine."

NX games might be there! I don't think this is an indicator.

AdanVC

September reveal for NX confirmed. Connfffiirrrmmm-- ahh whatever :( It's just a rumor so not sure what to believe anymore.

They are probably trying to get a lot of people to vote "NX" so that way they can take it to Nintendo and say "85% of our attendees want to see NX, so you should reveal the NX at our show". Means nothing.

MuchoMalo

Banned
I want to believe! But WCCF is a clickbait site so they're obviously just reading too much into it.

I'm not buying it. I bet they made that survey before Nintendo said there'd be no NX this year.

No, they said no NX at E3 and that it's releasing next year. They didn't say that NX won't be shown this year at all. They're not going to reveal a console two months before release. I'm confident that we'll see a reveal before the end of October. I wouldn't be shocked if it's even before the end of Summer.

No, they said no NX at E3 and that it's releasing next year. They didn't say that NX won't be shown this year at all. They're not going to reveal a console two months before release. I'm confident that we'll see a reveal before the end of October. I wouldn't be shocked if it's even before the end of Summer.

In fact, they actually said that information on NX will be revealed later this year.

Litri

WAT? If this is true, Nintendo will definitely have their own showing before that date but I think the date would be too early.

Means nothing. Eurogamer always hypes the shit out this event and will put Nintendo down like they are showing anything more than a guy holding a WiiU gamepad.

Top Bottom