• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt was the man! He was truly passionate about Nintendo. Didn't he go off to work for Apple?

Yes he did unfortunately for us, this video was taken at the pinnacle of my Nintendo fandom.

If Matt and Perrin Kaplan would show up on the E3 floor to discuss a new console, it would be a MEGATON!

Penguin

From Emily since doesn't have an account

Here is what multiple sources close to Nintendo are telling me about 10k's hardware rumors: The gimmick is made up. GPU is wrong. Power level is wrong." "The specs on NX are good, but a lot of the information being shared in this thread is incorrect.

I was told that NX has good specs, but the info in this thread on the GPU and power level is just not correct. Sorry to burst everyone's hype.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, things were changed, so Penguin posted the info instead.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This thread right now.

And my Twitter timeline, too.

OmFVEWI.gif

udivision

Are we back to PS4 now? The PS4K phase is over, right?

EDIT: The Splatoon/Mario Maker ports... I wonder if they're hesitating because they don't know how well those will work with a traditional gamepad.

Mory Dunz

So she's saying the gimmick is made up and the specs aren't as good as thought.

Eh, I'm just waiting until reveal and not putting stock into anything.
tbh, i care more about the software

BY2K

Membero Americo
We just need to know what those sources mean by "good".

I'm done with this thread. I'm done with rumors.

LCGeek

formerly sane
You forget that you cant even buy high end PC cards yet with Polaris with mega bucks....and yet posters are expecting a low cost console to be one of the first....

and Nintendo ditching their Nintendo like profits and subsidising the goods. My head hurts....

Its going to be crazy with Nintendo going high end and expensive...or a good laugh at this thread....one way or the other.

Maybe subsidised consoles is making a return....

Being high end has nothing to do with it. I'd be more worried about yields and that's if nintendo goes with it.

I didn't realise the benchmarks were out. Time to do some googling.

Also I have a semi crazy idea that I was wondering if TechGAF could speculate on the plausibility of.

If a NX portable handheld and an NX home console had a similar architecture, could it be possible to use some of AMDs CrossFireX tech to combine those 2 units into producing one even more powerful experience?

Just press snippets but it coming from people who do that kind of thing.

CF/SLI require products on the same boards, I think you run in to latency problems if you were to link them and try to gain performance. I doubt nintendo would do it but an APU with two discrete gpus in Vulkan would be bad ass, not gonna happen though.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
From Emily since doesn't have an account

Not surprised about the gimmick or the GPU. Like I said before, I'm still just going to hope for a system that can run MK8 and XCX at 1080/60 and anything more will be a pleasant surprise (watch it not even be able to do that...). I'm happy to hear that we might be getting a lot of games, which tells me publishers/developers are excited about the system, which is good enough for me.

Holy shit

NX might be creating the most drama of any console ever

Jesus. Does this mean 10k's multiple sources are junk or did all these people get differing info and dev kits

Wtf is Nintendo doing with all this shit? Does ANYOnE actually have the real NX?

Who do we trust

NateDrake

As with any rumor, the information is only as good as the source. There were too many factors at play here, and it was bound to get messy. At least we'll see a video from GX and other YTbers discussing Emily's comments within the hour.

It's crazy we have ZERO CLUE what the NX is. I never thought the suped up Gamepad was really true.

Kimishima said it himself they are doing something new and nothing like Wii or Wii U.

Don't trust any "sources" that are verified anymore. I'll only listen to Trev or Emily from now on.

MoonFrog

Holy shit

Jesus. Does this mean 10k's multiple sources are junk or did all these people get differing info and dev kits

Wtf is Nintendo doing with all this shit? Does ANYOnE actually have the real NX?

Who do we trust

trustno1

I think that was the password form.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
And THIS is why I lowered my expectations.

I still believe the gimmick is that TV attachment that makes your screen appear 3D/projecting images like that patent showed.

Holy shit

Who do we trust
The only ones that were shut down were the T1 Polaris one and the gamepad. The T4 "better than ps4" hasn't been rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom