• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.
So right now we're at the beginning again. Trev's leaks/rumors are now the only ones who hasn't been debunked and that's the only thing I need now considering he confirmed Zelda U will be on NX as well and that is just great.

Emily Rogers is the one who originally mentioned the 4 ports (Serkan Toto said Smash as well) and the Zelda info, so that's still good.

Why is Emily Roger trusted btw? Is she a developer?

Journalist/writer with good connections.

The_Lump

Banned
He admitted to it

In that case yeah I misread. Thought he was saying it was just same info.

Again, it was all contextualized as "Tier 1" and a rumour. Which is what it was.

I'm just saying he's not trying to be deceptive imo. Just misguided in his delivery.

You have to see the difference between him getting his leg pulled by a source that seems credible. Or him just taking some random and public rumor off the web and posting it as coming from a secret source. Right?

Yes, see above.

My main point was, however; he ain't a bad guy trying to wind people up/become famous. Just a bit misguided in his definition of a "source" on at least one of his pieces of info.

BruceCLea

Banned
200.gif

Nanashrew

Banned
So right now we're at the beginning again. Trev's leaks/rumors are now the only ones who hasn't been debunked and that's the only thing I need now considering he confirmed Zelda U will be on NX as well and that is just great.

LCGeek hasn't been debunked either and they stated the CPU is better than XBO and PS4. They also have a solid track record of leaking Nintendo's CPUs going back to the Gamecube.

10k still being able to type was a sign of fraudulence.

Trev is in the basement of NOJ tied up forced to listen to recordings of Miyamoto discussing changes he wanted in first party games at decibel levels of a bullhorn.

In that case yeah I misread. Thought he was saying it was just same info.

Again, it was all contextualized as "Tier 1" and a rumour. Which is what it was.

I'm just saying he's not trying to be deceptive imo. Just misguided in his delivery.

He was the very definition deceptive. The entire point of the tiers was to show how many sources backed up certain info.

But it was a lie--literally no one told him anything about that specific rumor. He just read it and claimed it as his own. That's basically plagiarism

Peterc

What about Rosti? Does he have inside info?

kennyamr

Well, I've talked to multiple sources and they all agree, unanimously...

...the NX is definitely coming out.

Oh, and they also said that Nintendo is making it.

Bonus: It will have games, more than 1 at launch.

PS: You can also expect a controller bundled with the console itself.

Those systems had an established base. The Frostbite titles were there because EA demanded it not because it was practical- it was a dumpster fire to pull off.

The games werent there because the system was weak and new to the market.
Vita got fifa football, fifa 13, fifa 14 and fifa 15.

Wiiu only got fifa 13.

Instro

He presented his info to them. They gave him the go ahead. This gives the impression of them giving at least some sort of verification.

You can't verify second hand information. Their verification process is to check credentials for people claiming to be direct insiders.

ozfunghi

You can't verify second hand information. Their verification process is to check credentials for people claiming to be direct insiders.

He should have told them, i imagine, what the sources of his rumours where, no? If one of them is a public tweet from a guy posting an unverified rumor, they could have told him to take it out, or to be specific about the source when posting.

The_Lump

Banned
He was the very definition deceptive. The entire point of the tiers was to show how many sources backed up certain info.

But it was a lie--literally no one told him anything about that specific rumor. He just read it and claimed it as his own. That's basically plagiarism

I said he wasn't trying to be deceptive. Big difference.

There was one source: that tweet.

Also I don't think you can plagiarise a rumour posted in a public forum.

LCGeek

formerly sane
The only way NX could have "2x ps4's GPU peformance" not just in some isolated corner cases but on the average, is if it was running on a 14nm Polaris. There's nothing else that could do that - not APIs, not CPUs, nothing.

I don't expect that to be the case, and thus I don't expect NX GPU to be anywhere near 2x ps4's. That just for the record.

People should quit the 2x talk unless they have a way there realistically or more so some form of info besides ones of desire. Having 2x power and better architecture almost never results in 2X actual real world performance.

Polaris is a hope, but even if it did happen I've mentioned yields would be an issue.

Be it 2x gpu or overall a system with that kind of power is out of sony, microsoft, or nintendo goals price alone would forbid them. Adding to your post not against it.

BruceCLea

Banned
Hey guys I have some insider info on NX

T1: It's made by Nintendo

T2: It will require electricity. This may be off, because I've also heard it will utilize solar technology. Edit: Actually some of my sources are saying that it will use a nuclear reactor.

T3: There will be Mario games.

R-User!

Hey guys I have some insider info on NX

T1: It's made by Nintendo

T2: It will require electricity. This may be off, because I've also heard it will utilize solar technology. Edit: Actually some of my sources are saying that it will use a nuclear reactor.

T3: There will be Mario games.

You forgot about T4: K

I said he wasn't trying to be deceptive. Big difference.

There was one source: that tweet.

Also I don't think you can plagiarise a rumour posted in a public forum.

Tweets aren't immune to plagiarism....

And I don't know how you one can think he wasn't "trying" to be deceptive. He didn't just accidentally write the words that led people to believe he actually heard it from a source.

He literally saw a rumor somewhere than claimed he heard it himself. That is TRYING TO BE DECEPTIVE

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sooooo
If they are going to reveal it at E3 releasing it within the end of the year ..

It will be somehow amazing in terms of Nin Jia - work!

I can't wait to see Kimishima do some fun stuff in a direct or otherwise. He seems like he can take things not too seriously.

He might even be better than Iwata in that regard too.

Iwata looked like a cuddly teddy bear up for anything, Kimishima looks like a...well, he scares me.

It will be pure comedy unless they all of a sudden go the serious route with the company and no one should want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom