• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Patrol: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 for the Xbox Live Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, found this on a german site, I have no clue as to the actual veracity of the alleged title, but my duty must be done.

http://spindash.de/20090401959/Allgemeine-Sonic-News/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-4.html

Babelfish Translation
Many rumors around a 2D Sonic title kusierten already in the Internet around - now it is official: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 appears!

As we already did not report stood it too badly, around a new 2D title. One had expected a successor to “Sonic Rush Adventure”, but it comes better - “Sonic the Hedgehog 4” is to come out! As XBox Live Arcade title. Whether the play still for other consoles out comes is so far unknown. Perhaps only XBox of 360 owners will come into the benefit. But we should not exclude that “Sonic appears 4” as WiiWare and PSN title.

Unfortunately there is still no further information to the play and it is only the Cover well-known, which however already very much looks promising.

29__03__09_sonic4.jpg

The Spindash source for this proclamation, a Wordpress site isn't imprssing me right now, but if they produce actual screenshots, well, that would be something
http://sonic4source.wordpress.com/

sullytao

While I'm 98% sure this is april fools joke I wouldn't get too excited if it was true.

Sega cant be trusted to make good Sonic games anymore. What they could do though if they like money and the fans is release a Sonic level creator. Abit like the ones floating around the internet but with more added content.

April Fool's Day for gamers is when we all get exactly what we want.

Sonic 4 for xbla.

A remake of Ocarina of Time for Wii.

Or, if you're retarded, Shenmue III.

It's sad, really.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Please don't ban Shard. He didn't mean it. : (

KeeSomething Do people still get excited for Sonic games?

Sonic Unleashed was very good and the DS ones were great. If an actual Sonic 4 was announced, people would get excited.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
DrFunk said:
oh God, shard no

It happens, forgot about time differentials, didn't exactly buy it myself which is why the Rumor Patrol tag was used. Nothing to do but have a good laugh, pary for thread locking and move on with life.

Sixfortyfive said:
I remember it being when I pretty much left Sega for dead.

Did you ever play it? It was like a fantastical exorcism for me. It was the worst game I had ever played, and that allowed me to disconnect my Sonic-game ties and leave it for dead by the road-side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom