• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Persona 5 Spinoff or Revision on the way - P5R

I feel like I'm the only one who thought Persona 5 was too short. Last section seemed rushed. It's almost like they had an even longer game in mind.

That one stream has been the only one which has ever delivered more than one significant thing. Most of them don't even manage that.
For sure. I just think that people tend to remember that initial stream more than any others and so it ends up factoring into their expectations.

I feel like I'm the only one who thought Persona 5 was too short. Last section seemed rushed. It's almost like they had an even longer game in mind.
They actually did since Hifumi was supposed to be a party member initially. They cut her role down because they feared the game would be too long.

It could be just "R" like other games did, or probably Reloaded.

Like it happened for Persona 3 Fes and Persona 4 Golden. A revised version maybe for PsVita?

Scrawnton

It could be just "R" like other games did, or probably Reloaded.

Like it happened for Persona 3 Fes and Persona 4 Golden. A revised version maybe for PsVita?
I'm not a betting man, but I'd go all in on saying that'd never happen
unless you mean the new Vita [switch]

I'm not a betting man, but I'd go all in on saying that'd never happen
unless you mean the new Vita [switch]

I know what you mean man, I wouldn't believe it too.
But you know, a man can dream.
After all fans have been asking for a P5 version since 4G has been a huge success (and top seller) that is only natural to see it fit.

Scrawnton

I know what you mean man, I wouldn't believe it too.
But you know, a man can dream.
After all fans have been asking for a P5 version since 4G has been a huge success (and top seller) that is only natural to see it fit.
I agree there will be a portable version of it but it's not gonna be on the Vita. Not with how Japanese gaming is trending right now. The shareholders would be up on arms at a vita version and not a Switch version. It'd be ugly.

Persona 5 Road Trip, play a scenario following the games end, extra dungeon, additional social links

Released 3/20/2018 on Ps4, Xbone and Nintendo Switch

Special edition comes in a box shaped like Citroen H Van

Rncewind

I agree there will be a portable version of it but it's not gonna be on the Vita. Not with how Japanese gaming is trending right now. The shareholders would be up on arms at a vita version and not a Switch version. It'd be ugly.

i think you got that wrong

Rncewind

I'm not wrong about share holders, but the internet would be set ablaze as well, which is what you're insinuating.

I mean the shareholders seemed to not be in arms when they made p4g a psvita game and not 3ds game, so i think the same group would be in arms in this case too.

entremet

Obviously a FES/Golden style game.
I mean the shareholders seemed to not be in arms when they made p4g a psvita game and not 3ds game, so i think the same group would be in arms in this case too.
Before Sega merger and Vita is not at the same level it was back then. It’s also dead overseas so it loses those potential sales. Persona 5 vita would be quite shocking.

Persona 5 Road Trip, play a scenario following the games end, extra dungeon, additional social links

Released 3/20/2018 on Ps4, Xbone and Nintendo Switch

Special edition comes in a box shaped like Citroen H Van

Sooo, their original idea for P5? :p

The idea of a road trip/globe trotting Persona game would be really fun but I feel like the volume of assets they'd have to make would increase so much that it wouldn't be worth it for the time they'd need.

Scrawnton

Those are extremely different times though. Vita was getting started and looking decent. 3DS had a pretty slow start.

Now it'd just be darn near laughable.

Link_enfant

Persona 5 is the only one from the series I played (and really loved, btw).
Rearding what has been done on Persona 4 Golden, what could we expect from a revision of 5? Changes in the story, gameplay? More content?

If you'd assign me to do a shorter/snappier P5 I would basically:

-make you go to sleep automatically on days where you can't really do anything.

-remove all the "reminder" text messages before and after dungeons. One is enough.

-do everything you can to shorten the load/transition times. They aren't really that long but there are a LOT of them. Every second counts.

-Maybe remove a few areas/rooms from dungeons. I didn't mind them personally but I have seen a bunch of people get burnt on the game on later dungeons.

-this one is a little weird but you could introduce some shorter time skips at places having less free time but additionally making you gain social stat increases faster/less time spent needed for confidant upgrades.

-and finally if you really wanted to make the game a lot shorter you could remove some parts of the game entirely. Not what I'd do but if you really want to shave off 10+ hours then this is the only way.

Maybe virtual Reality?
Like Persona 5 = Persona V
Persona 5 R = Persona V R
giphy.gif

fwpx

If you'd assign me to do a shorter/snappier P5 I would basically:

-make you go to sleep automatically on days where you can't really do anything.

-remove all the "reminder" text messages before and after dungeons. One is enough.

-do everything you can to shorten the load/transition times. They aren't really that long but there are a LOT of them. Every second counts.

-Maybe remove a few areas/rooms from dungeons. I didn't mind them personally but I have seen a bunch of people get burnt on the game on later dungeons.

-this one is a little weird but you could introduce some shorter time skips at places having less free time but additionally making you gain social stat increases faster/less time spent needed for confidant upgrades.

-and finally if you really wanted to make the game a lot shorter you could remove some parts of the game entirely. Not what I'd do but if you really want to shave off 10+ hours then this is the only way.

Remove Haru and her entire story arc from the game. Done.

AAMARMO

Banned
I think we are getting a revision downline, however, I don't expect it anytime soon maybe in 2/3 years we will see a Golden version but now it is not the time. However, we might get DLC for the game. maybe something that fills the gap between
What happened to Akechi during the cruise or something similar to P3 FES after Akira was on hiatus.

ajim

awesome. They're gonna be best persona character Marie back at her rightful place next to Igor. In which she will take over his position and be in all persona games moving forward.

Can't wait.

Scrawnton

Would this just be the game again but with an extra dungeon or so? Unsure as to how different these end up being.
I'd like to see them trim the fat out of a few of the dungeons and add maybe one more dungeon into the game. Some of the later dungeons became so padded it kills any desire for me to replay it.

Persona 5 is the only one from the series I played (and really loved, btw).
Rearding what has been done on Persona 4 Golden, what could we expect from a revision of 5? Changes in the story, gameplay? More content?

Well, imo the post
Shido
dungeon stuff is largely equivalent to the True Ending things they added in Golden, in terms of how it relates to what the story has been for the preceding 75hrs or so...so, for a P5R i'm not sure what they could add without making the game feel obscenely bloated. Maybe some trimming and re-organizing of events to alleviate barren patches of activity. The dream is the return of FemMC with remixed Social Links too.

I know this would be incredibly hard if not impossible without basically redoing the game but
I really think something needs to be done about the story and having a long forming narrative be better connected between the different segments. Like, more emphasis on focusing on trying to find who is killing people in the meta verse rather than how popular the phantom theives are.

Yeah the popularity of the phantom theives is like the key component of the story but I wouldn't mind them taking a lot longer with a revision to rewrite some segments so that they aren't just talking about that all the time and there is a bit more urgency to solve an ongoing mystery

Crayolan

Would this just be the game again but with an extra dungeon or so? Unsure as to how different these end up being.

Golden added a bunch of new events, an extra month to work on social links, new ways to spend your time, costumes, a few new social links, a new dungeon, some gameplay improvements, a few new endings, and probably some other stuff I'm not aware of.

otakukidd

I think it's a cart racer personally.

But if it's like fes they need to release it as a single package like they did before for 60 bucks but give us the option to upgrade our current copy for 20 or 30 bucks.

Now if then do a golden I would say the same thing BUT even if they required you to buy the game fully again. They need to allow you to carry over your save and do a new game plus off the bat if you have a clear state at the very least. I just beat that game in 104 hours. There is no way in hell I'm playing it again not new game+.

DirectedDiscs3

Neo Member
Well, imo the post
Shido
dungeon stuff is largely equivalent to the True Ending things they added in Golden, in terms of how it relates to what the story has been for the preceding 75hrs or so...so, for a P5R i'm not sure what they could add without making the game feel obscenely bloated. Maybe some trimming and re-organizing of events to alleviate barren patches of activity. The dream is the return of FemMC with remixed Social Links too.
I would loved a FemMC for Persona 5, since P3P was incredible for me, but there'd have to be a LOT of stuff changed to make it work. The biggest things are your criminal background, and the way Kamoshida treats you at the beginning. The P5 protagonist is made out to be a dangerous thug by turning his attempt to save someone around on him, and I don't think that angle would work with a female protagonist. For Kamoshida, you can see his fun perspective with Slaves vs. Queen, and would change what he'd do to you completely, which would probably butt into the Shiho/Ann deal as well.

I'd love for it to happen, but I'm not sure it can really be done.

Top Bottom