• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

V_Ben

Banned
Sounds ludicrous. I want it all. I wonder if MGS5 will be truly multiplatform though, or if it'll just be PS3/NGP. Either way, it sounds fantastic.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Rahxephon91 said:
Really? This dosen't sound like complete bulltshit to you?
Yeah, it does to me.

Actually, I can believe Kamiya doing Rising. It's crazy, but possible. I have a lot more difficulty believing that HD remakes of the entire trilogy are coming to Steam. That would be a HUGE undertaking. Massive.
Up-rezzed ports, a la PS3 HD collection? Sure. Remakes? No way.

Also, were they coming to Steam they would also no doubt be hitting the console marketplaces.

NIN90

21324373495h0x.jpg

FUCK YEAH KAMIYA YOU CAN CUM ALL OVER MY DICK

So, according to this rumor, Konami has eight Metal Gear Solid projects in development? Geez, people talk about Konami being propped up by MGS, but this is just ridiculous.

Kamiya would be a better fit for a ZoE than any sort of MGS title. And if there is any truth to it then hopefully KojiPro is still behind building the engine for it.

My first thought was that a PC port of MGS4 would allow them to tidy up MGO's online, as integrated with Steam it could really be a thing of beauty.

Rising from Platinum, MGS5 and an MGS overload on Steam would be an amazingly unexpected series of E3 announcements, that's for sure!

TTP I believe in you.

Holy shit I'm still shocked, this HAS to be true.

PC porting is fine, whatever. But Kamiya Gear Solid????? AMAZING.

THAT LALILULELO POST, WTF. My mind is ABSOLUTELY blown.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If they're just ports, its not entirely unbelievable. As others have stated, MGS/MGS2 are already on PC. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much work to get MGS3 and MGS4 running as well. Considering Rising is planned for a PC release, it might pay to get some franchise buzz on a 'new' platform.

Rising in the hands of Platinum is a bit weird to me, but mostly bitterness because I dont want Rising from Kamiya, I want Bayonetta 2 or something original goddamnit.

EDIT: Oh, and I give it at most one hour before this has blown the internet wide open. I hope you realise what you've done!

DaBuddaDa

Kojima Productions announces announcements pre-E3 ---> random fan makes up ridiculous hype list of announcement speculation ---> GAF.

vic2020

Neo Member
If it's true it would be amazing. Kamiya hasn't made a single game that wasn't anything less than good to goty material.

Resident Evil 2
Devil May Cry 1
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Bayonetta

I can't think of another game director with as good a track record...

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
SolidSnakex said:
Kamiya would be a better fit for a ZoE than any sort of MGS title. And if there is any truth to it then hopefully KojiPro is still behind building the engine for it.
That would be a dream project, but I could see Kamiya Rising.
MGS type wackiness + Kamiya type wackiness + rock solid technical character action = perfect match.

If this news about MGS5 is correct, I really hope Kojima is working on something different, and if he isn't, I hope he's taking it in a really radical new direction.

If it's another same-old MGS...time to get your ass out of Kojima Productions and follow the trail blazed by Kamiya, Mizoguchi, Suda 51 and Mikami, because it looks like a new age of MGSwhoring begins now at Konami.

Dever

Banned
Risk Breaker said:
TTP I believe in you.

Holy shit I'm still shocked, this HAS to be true.

PC porting is fine, whatever. But Kamiya Gear Solid????? AMAZING.

THAT LALILULELO POST, WTF. My mind is ABSOLUTELY blown.

Does Lalilulelo work for Konami or something? Hopefully this ain't just extremely elaborate trolling

Ninjimbo

EatChildren said:
Do not want. Bayonetta 2 instead please.
This.

One of the reasons why I like Platinum Games is because their IPs were new. I don't want to see them working on something as tired as MGS.

There's just no way this can be true. That entire article sounds like someone's fantasy. I don't want PlatinumGames wasting their time on someone else's garbage.

Radogol

DieH@rd said:
211tocg.gif

Wild rumors, that's fo sure. When is Konami's pressconf?

They only have 3 and 4 left ;)

DaBuddaDa said:
Kojima Productions announces announcements pre-E3 ---> random fan makes up ridiculous hype list of announcement speculation ---> GAF.

-----> Kotaku

iavi

Ok. Ok. Ok. This.... This is too much... A Kamiya directed MGS game and every MGS release ever on steam. Fuck that. I won't be fooled. Not today.

Instro

Im assuming those ports not full remakes. Could be that they are doing one of those HD collection things for the PS3, and have decided to release it on the PC as well.

Regardless that would be instant buy for me.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
There's just no way this can be true. That entire article sounds like someone's fantasy. I don't want PlatinumGames wasting their time on someone else's garbage.

That would explain why Konami has been hush hush about Rising since its announcement 2 years ago tho.

Top Bottom