• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

legacyzero

Banned
duckroll said:
I don't think you understood my question.

You're probably right. Long long shitty day at work. UGH glad to finally be home. This was a great thread to come home too though, even if true. Gets the ball rolling on the E3 Hype

duckroll said:
Why would you think it was a MGS game that got canned?

What was the last time Kojima was deeply involved with a non-MGS game?.

I don't know, just looking at the possibilities is probably something MGS related.

Or the version of Rising being made at KojiPro.

Or, you know, something else.

Well development on Rising didn't began one year ago, I think it fits better on the MGS3D timeframe.

iavi

Man said:
I expect The Solid Box on Steam with MGS1-4.

And the whole thing would be purchased without as much as a thought. Include steamworks, and... I don't even know what I'll do. Buy it and do something crazy, basically.

Ra1den

This is probably the weirdest news I've heard in awhile, if true. Could make for an awesome gameplay experience, but I REALLY hope Kojipro is in charge of everything story related.

Graphics Horse said:
Thanks for the info :)

Someone here already said they got to review the old unreleased MGS3 port. MGS4 likely started on PC and kept a 1024x768 resolution of all things ;)
They did'nt say an already PC port existed.

Graphics Horse said:
Thanks for the info :)

Someone here already said they got to review the old unreleased MGS3 port. MGS4 likely started on PC and kept a 1024x768 resolution of all things ;)
Woah what?!? Got more info on this?

Angry Fork

I've become barely optimistic at this point but I just see no reason why they'd release MGS4 of all games on PC 3 years later. If MGS3 was already made but never released for whatever reason and they wanted to now as part of some MGS1-3 Steam collection then that sounds reasonable.

But MGS4 requires a big leap of faith, especially considering it seems like that terrible engine was built for PS3 and they'd have to re-do a lot of stuff. I would 100% fucking love if this were true, playing with AA options, 1080p resolution etc. all of that maybe even more content/alternate ending etc. would be fuck amazing. But waaaaay too good to be true.

duckroll

Relaxed Muscle said:
What was the last time Kojima was deeply involved with a non-MGS game?.

I don't know, just looking at the possibilities is probably something MGS related.

About a year ago, Kojima started talking about how he was collaborating with Suda51 on a visual novel adventure game, which he later indicated might not even be published by Konami, but involve 5pb instead.

Of late, 5pb has not been doing well, and I recall they just got bought over by a Korean company. This was a small personal project by Kojima, and if it got canned, it would probably affect him on a more personal level than if some MGS project he was casually overseeing got canned.

androvsky

V_Ben said:
Imagine if... the MGS games coming to Steam opened the doors for a HD Classics collection on PS3, and a trophy patch coming to MGS4.
I suspect the Steam release and an HD Classics collection on PS3 are probably part of the same porting project. I'm hoping they both have Steamworks support. :)

duckroll

Ellis Kim said:
I'll buy the rumor, but I can't help but wonder at how terrible the team at Kojipro that started work on this must feel.

If what I heard in the past was true, they probably don't feel too bad because they all know they deserved it.

V_Ben

Banned
androvsky said:
I suspect the Steam release and an HD Classics collection on PS3 are probably part of the same porting project. I'm hoping they both have Steamworks support. :)

Hehe, that would be something wouldn't it.

Angry Fork said:
I've become barely optimistic at this point but I just see no reason why they'd release MGS4 of all games on PC 3 years later. If MGS3 was already made but never released for whatever reason and they wanted to now as part of some MGS1-3 Steam collection then that sounds reasonable.

But MGS4 requires a big leap of faith, especially considering it seems like that terrible engine was built for PS3 and they'd have to re-do a lot of stuff. I would 100% fucking love if this were true, playing with AA options, 1080p resolution etc. all of that maybe even more content/alternate ending etc. would be fuck amazing. But waaaaay too good to be true.

Plus wasn't one of the many Kojima (bullshit) excuses for not making it multiplatform because of all the Sony references in the game?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
About a year ago, Kojima started talking about how he was collaborating with Suda51 on a visual novel adventure game, which he later indicated might not even be published by Konami, but involve 5pb instead.

Of late, 5pb has not been doing well, and I recall they just got bought over by a Korean company. This was a small personal project by Kojima, and if it got canned, it would probably affect him on a more personal level than if some MGS project he was casually overseeing got canned.
I hope not. ): I was looking forward to that project.

duckroll

Phantom Limbs said:
Plus wasn't one of the many Kojima (bullshit) excuses for not making it multiplatform because of all the Sony references in the game?

There are more Apple references in MGS4 than Sony references... lol.

duckroll said:

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that project.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man said:
I expect The Solid Box on Steam with MGS1-4.

I want a few TF2 Solid Snaku hats for pre-ordering this.

Anyway, I'm not a huuuge fan of MGS, but the third one was pretty damn rad. Awesome lineup of bosses. I'd definitely buy them on Steam. And Platinum / Kamiya ... I'll buy anything they release, especially on PC. Rising suddenly went from an 'eh' to a 'shaddup and take my money.' If true, anyway.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
SolidSnakex said:
It's only listed as a PS3 and 360 title on all of Konami websites (Konami.com and the English and Japanese KojiPro sites).
Hopefully they haven't canned the PC version as I was only interested in it because of that.

Maybe it has to do with Kinect/Move implementations?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone thought about this having a chance of being a marketing stunt to get more attention around their MGS reveals?

Kojima (to younger KP members): Its time to hand over the reigns. I trust you.

Young guys: Yay!

Time goes by

E3 2009 Microsoft Conference:

Kojima: Its MGS, but doesn't have Snake. Suck it Don.

E3 2009 Sony Conference:

Kojima: Yeah, Peace Walker is basically MGS5. How fucking cool is this shit?

E3 2010 Microsoft Conference:

Kojima: Hi guys, thanks for the applause. Heres a young guy making MGS:R, suck it!

Walks off stage.

Some point between now and then:

Kojima: Hi guys how is Rising coming alo---OH MY FUCKING GOD. WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME. YOU STUPID FUCKS. FUCK!

*Rings Platinum*

vic2020

Neo Member
If konami gave castlevania to the developers of jericho then giving MGSrising to platinum doesn't seem like a strech AT ALL. Maybe they should let kamiya direct the next castlevania as well.

Radogol

Graphics Horse said:
I may be wrong, can't find it now.
That was me. I was working off a console build, though. I have been told by my publisher that a PC release has been confirmed behind closed door. In retrospect, I think it might have only been an assumption.

daffy

Banned
The most interesting part is the number of systems MGS6 would be coming to..

PS3 360 NGP and "3DS"?

Komami gotta survive y'all

Juan29.zapata said:
Has anyone thought about this having a chance of being a marketing stunt to get more attention around their MGS reveals?

If they're revealing MGS games then they're automatically going to get a ton of attention.

duckroll said:

This is a game I want more than any MGS game. I really hope it hasn't been canned.

ezekial45

Banned
Juan29.zapata said:

If this was a marketing stunt then they would've done something much bigger than mentioning Kamiya.

Ra1den

Galvanise_ said:
Kojima (to younger KP members): Its time to hand over the reigns. I trust you.

Young guys: Yay!

Time goes by

E3 2009 Microsoft Conference:

Kojima: Its MGS, but doesn't have Snake. Suck it Don.

E3 2009 Sony Conference:

Kojima: Yeah, Peace Walker is basically MGS5. How fucking cool is this shit?

E3 2010 Microsoft Conference:

Kojima: Hi guys, thanks for the applause. Heres a young guy making MGS:R, suck it!

Walks off stage.

Some point between now and then:

Kojima: Hi guys how is Rising coming alo---OH MY FUCKING GOD. WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME. YOU STUPID FUCKS. FUCK!

*Rings Platinum*

lol

YoungHav

Banned
I am laughing at Kojima and hope this is true. LOL @ him losing his own game, thats what happens when you never patch MGS4 for trophies. He trolled us for months with ambiguous answers whenever asked about them, now likewise he shall be trolled. Karma is a b curse.

Top Bottom