• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Snuggler said:
haha, this is all starting to sound like something out of an MGS story
It really is.

It was unbelievable at first but then it keeps going and going and going, and even though it's still unbelievable, you just accept it and come to terms with it. Haha yea, exactly like an MGS story.

HYDE

Banned
the chris said:
This right here, then again if it's true then I'll eat my hat.

Pictured my hat:
GzgKg.jpg

Can I share you're hat with you? It looks delicious

MercuryLS

Banned
I can't think of a better studio to handle a game like this, it's actually preferable for Kamiya to make this over Kojima Productions. Please be true.

daffy

Banned
It's been circulating for awhile now. I was wondering if GAF would pick up on it in the Kojima tweet thread.

I believe.

KojiPro with that e3 announcement.

shuyin_

Banned
Gravijah said:
If FFVII and FFVIII can release on the PC, there's nothing weird about MGS on the PC.
I really doubt they'd port MGS4. ALso what's the relevance of ff7 and ff8? Those were different times. PC ports aren't fashionable now.

Crisis

Banned
TTP knows that I love him, but I kind of buy the Platinum Games/Rising rumor. I do not buy the MGS series remake for PC, however. Sorry, TTP. :( I want to believe!

MGS5 on everything but Cafe (even 3DS) sounds bizzare. First off why include 3DS, and why exclude Cafe?

Secondly, remakes for all MGS games? Haha

Zeliard

Rahxephon91 said:
Really? This dosen't sound like complete bulltshit to you?

It's wishful thinking but that also doesn't mean there isn't truth to it.

I for one would very much like to see this development taking place.

Love Kamiya.

TheBanditKing said:
Im going to call BS on the PC port of 4 only because MGS4 is just way too big for a download service, the others seem completely possible.

Not at all, especially for Steam. There are some MASSIVE games on Steam as it is, so MGS4's size is irrelevant to this rumor being true or false.

ezekial45

Banned
Well in any case, regardless of Sega's deal with PG, i'm down with them making this. I'm sure it'll be amazing with Kamiya in charge.

DiddyBop

Rising switching developers would explain Kojima's tweet...PC releases do nothing for me though. The remakes will also be released on consoles anyways, too much money to leave on the table like that

legacyzero

Banned
I would SOOOOO buy all the MGS's on Steam. Make it happen KOJIMA-SAN! You'd make a fucking killing!

Especially with MGS4. Bring MGO to Steam too without all the Konami ID bullshit and I'd grab that DAY 0!!

C-Jo said:
I'm such damn fool for being this excited, but I WANT TO BELIEVE

Pretty much summarizes the whole thread.
Or at least how I feel about it.

Gravijah

DieH@rd said:
But, its still better than >80% of todays games.
http://www.mgstruefans.com/gallery/albums/TF%20Gallery/MGS1/normal_mgs13.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

oh man is that from the hd version check out them graphics

Persona7

Banned
brotkasten said:
That's why a "MGS 1-3 HD collection" sounds so ridiculous. MGS1 looks like crap.
Banjo and Kazooie got decent HD ports, they cleaned the textures up and improved some other stuff and it looks great. I assume if MGS1 were to get ported to PC it would receive a similar treatment as opposed to a another complete remake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvpBYNJsEpM

They probably wouldn't port the twin snakes due to licensing issues and whatnot.

Serenade said:
It really is.

It was unbelievable at first but then it keeps going and going and going, and even though it's still unbelievable, you just accept it and come to terms with it. Haha yea, exactly like an MGS story.
any minute now we'll find out that kamiya's dad and kojima's dad knew each other and made games on cold war computers that were more powerful than the ps1

edit: also that kamiya's dad actually designed the first metal gear for msx

TreIII

A Kamiya-directed MGS game? Would certainly be the 1st MGS game I would probably fall in love with. :lol

Only bad thing is that this would likely tear into my wish to have Kamiya be in charge of a PS360 Shinobi reboot using the Bayonetta-engine. Hell, I'd almost rather see what Kamiya could do with a new ZOE instead...

Hex

Banned
I do support the Rising/Platinum angle. some of the others are I think throwing the noodles at the wall and knowing that some will stick.

Facism

I can't lie, I wouldn't say no to a PG Rising. I'm just hoping we get an update to the MGO side of things.

daffy

Banned
DiddyBop said:
Rising switching developers would explain Kojima's tweet...PC releases do nothing for me though. The remakes will also be released on consoles anyways, too much money to leave on the table like that
I doubt he would be upset at this. Not enough to tweet. Twitter is much more intimate than that, I've studied the habits of many a tweeter. He knew the shoddy shape of Rising anyway, he probably abandoned ship last year.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
brotkasten said:
That's why a "MGS 1-3 HD collection" sounds so ridiculous. MGS1 looks like crap.

Steam is full of old and classic titles from a wide variety of systems, including games that look about as good (and in some cases worse) than Metal Gear Solid. You'd get the Metal Gear Solid PC port from way back; same game in higher resolutions and with a texture filter.

Being old wouldn't stop the game getting re-released on Steam.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Crisis said:
TTP knows that I love him, but I kind of buy the Platinum Games/Rising rumor. I do not buy the MGS series remake for PC, however. Sorry, TTP. :( I want to believe!

It's ok. As long as I'm not accused of making shit up it's fine. After all, I'm just the messenger. ;)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I am impressed at how many people think that this is actually true. Come on, Kojima Productions randomly giving out their games to other developers? MGS4 being released at this point in another platform that is not 360?

I think this is really bullshit, I cannot believe this kind of rumor until I see the real announcement.

So if MGS:Rising is alive, MGS:pW on PS3 is alive so....maybe the one that got canned was MGS3D?

Juan29.zapata said:
I am impressed at how many people think that this is actually true. Come on, Kojima Productions randomly giving out their games to other developers? MGS4 being released at this point in another platform that is not 360?

I think this is really bullshit, I cannot believe this kind of rumor until I see the real announcement.

Maybe they need all Rising manpower for their next true MGS console installment?

Dosn't sound that imposible...

Top Bottom