• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

Kusagari

I'd expect this to be announced at Sony or MS's conference if it is real. Even Konami isn't dumb enough to show something that big in a taped conference.

Come on, he did guess a few things. Peace Walker is indeed being ported to PS3, and judging by the Fox engine presentation, the next MGS will really be a multiplatform game.

By the way, was Metal Gear Rising even mentioned in that video?

Well, the next MGS being multiplat is probably true based on the news of Kojima's new engine.

And the Peace Walker port was kind of true.

Edit: Damn you Citadel

Vamphuntr

Kusagari said:
I'd expect this to be announced at Sony or MS's conference if it is real. Even Konami isn't dumb enough to show something big big in a taped conference.

I can believe. But where is MGS5 and the Steam MGS?

traveler

Not Wario
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Come on, he did guess a few things. Peace Walker is indeed being ported to PS3, and judging by the Fox engine presentation, the next MGS will really be a multiplatform game.

By the way, was Metal Gear Rising even mentioned in that video?

They say they won't be showing anything on it at this E3 at the end of the video and that it is on track for a release in 2012.

jett

D-Member
Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development (Hideki Kamiya Director)

Arnie_true_lies.gif

Commando-Arm-chop.gif

iavi

reptilescorpio said:
If they are bothering to port to 360 I don't see why they wouldn't bother to port to Steam. E3 ain't over yet.

Where else would they announce it? Valve isn't having a conference this year.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Any chance of the PC ports still happening? That was the only part of the rumor I cared about.

TreIII

duckroll said:
No. You're not going to find out anything at E3.

Figures. If we didn't find out tonight, we likely were going to have to wait for any real meat on TGS.

Ah well... *adds RISING under Devil's Third for the "Wait for TGS" list*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
duckroll said:
There is no reason to believe this rumor is false.

Pretty much.

I was looking forward to an official confirmation to what I was told like anyone else, but what we have got thus far doesn't deny my reported rumors (which, by the way, weren't rumors about what Konami was going to announce at E3 but rather about what's going on behind the curtain in general).

The HD remasters coming to X360 actually make the PC/Steam ports rumor more likely than before, while the multiplaform Fox Engine does the same about the MGS5 rumor (being multiplatform).

As for Rising, I think it's rather suspicious they are not telling us anything about it.

We shall see, I guess.

duckroll

Btw, I think it's pretty telling that when Kojima talks about the Fox engine, he specifically says that they're going to finally use the engine to make the next game he's directing. Not Rising. He doesn't mention Rising at all. If this is the big multiplatform internal HD engine that they're making, why aren't they using it for Rising? Because it's not being developed at Kojima Productions. :p

Epcott

duckroll said:
Btw, I think it's pretty telling that when Kojima talks about the Fox engine, he specifically says that they're going to finally use the engine to make the next game he's directing. Not Rising. He doesn't mention Rising at all. If this is the big multiplatform internal HD engine that they're making, why aren't they using it for Rising? Because it's not being developed at Kojima Productions. :p

Hmmmm, optimism rising

go on...

duckroll said:
Yeah I'm not sure if the conference was just a big troll at gamers or if they pre-recorded it so they could slip in a heap of hints as to what they are working on. Could turn out to be a great idea (if that is what they have done).

jett

D-Member
hgckm.png

What's this? Why it's a computer showing Raiden from Rising in some of sort development phase at KojiPro's HQ.

ferr

jett said:
hgckm.png

What's this? Why it's a computer showing Raiden from Rising in some of sort development phase at KojiPro's HQ.
Obviously it's for their upcoming S Atcher game.

Oh yeah and damn you TTP for ruining my life.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
duckroll said:

Oh how you toy with my heartstrings, duck.

Angry Fork

duckroll said:
edit - didn't realize it was posted lol

Zeal

Banned
not gonna crucify the OP just yet, we might all regret it a little later.

gonna leave this one as a wait and see.

Corto

Rising MIA feeds into the original rumor not debunking it. The PC ports were always a bit of pie in the sky to begin with but even those are still up in the air. Kojima said something about wanting to reach global audiences at some point...

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
duckroll said:
No. You're not going to find out anything at E3.
Did Konami preface that everything from them would be shown at their own conference? Why wouldn't there be a possibility of a reveal at the 3 big conferences?

TTP said:
The HD remasters coming to X360 actually make the PC/Steam ports rumor more likely than before,
Hopefully! PC releases eternalize my favorite video games for me, and would love to have MGS3/4 with me just like MGS2S!

daffy

Banned
Teetris said:
Did Konami preface that everything from them would be shown at their own conference? Why wouldn't there be a possibility of a reveal at the 3 big conferences?

Hopefully! PC releases eternalize my favorite video games for me, and would love to have MGS3/4 with me just like MGS2S!
They already said in the pre-E3 video that there would be no Rising info at E3.

TGS is our best bet at this point.

pirata

Hmmm...well, nothing about the rumor was denied, and Kojima was acting awfully weird when asked about Rising ("There are rumors on the internet..."). I'm willing to hold out.

jett said:
http://i.imgur.com/hgckm.png[IMG]

What's this? Why it's a computer showing Raiden from Rising in some of sort development phase at [B]KojiPro[/B]'s HQ.[/QUOTE]
Why? Because KojiPro is still overseeing the project, that's why!

Top Bottom