• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation 5 launching in December 2020

Launch consoles ALWAYS sell out anyway, so i doubt Christmas is playing a big factor in this. Not unless they are going to have enough to match demand (which they never do).

This logic doesn't make sense, one is more important and requires a larger shipment than the other. If PS5 releases after the Xbox Scarlett sells 1-2 million in November to early december what's the most the PS5 can push before Christmas? 500K? (not just applying to the US either.)

It's going to release in NOV.

This next generation is all about sealing in and entrapping your user base so they don't leave which this gen is starting to pick up and end on, everyones going to be making less mistakes this time around.

Breakage

PS1 launched in Japan on 3 December 1994. Perhaps Sony is planning a December launch as some sort of tribute to the original PlayStation. Didn't Sony recently make some comments about how Playstation's history is important?

My money is on either Nov 13th or Nov 20th in 2020, that would be the perfect time, it lines up with previous generations and it is right before the holiday season so it just makes sense.

I'm not buying December. It will be early to mid November. Like this gen I expect the PS5 and Scarlet to launch within days of each other. Getting it out before Black Friday is a must though in today's world

Last edited:

Ellery

I just can't allow myself to expect the PS5 being backwards compatible with PS1,2 and PS3 games aswell. It would be too much of a dream come true and I don't think Sony can pull it off.
PS4 BC is already confirmed and a no-brainer, but the rest is just wishful thinking.
The release date could be correct. I mean we know it is holidays 2020 since Sony already confirmed that and there are not that many viable release date in those couple short months.

If however the PS5 magically does have PS1,2,3 BC then I will be on ebay as soon as I hear about it and buy Resident Evil 1,2,3, Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3,4 (or Collection), Silent Hill 1,2,3,4, Final Fantasy VI,VII,VIII,IV, GTA III, San Andreas, Vice City, 4, Parasite Eve and many many more games.

But I don't think it is going to happen. And truth being told I will always prefer new GOOD games anyway

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't care what day they release it. i'll be buying it as soon as possible. october, november, december. makes no difference to me.

I just can't allow myself to expect the PS5 being backwards compatible with PS1,2 and PS3 games aswell. It would be too much of a dream come true and I don't think Sony can pull it off.
PS4 BC is already confirmed and a no-brainer, but the rest is just wishful thinking.
The release date could be correct. I mean we know it is holidays 2020 since Sony already confirmed that and there are not that many viable release date in those couple short months.

If however the PS5 magically does have PS1,2,3 BC then I will be on ebay as soon as I hear about it and buy Resident Evil 1,2,3, Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3,4 (or Collection), Silent Hill 1,2,3,4, Final Fantasy VI,VII,VIII,IV, GTA III, San Andreas, Vice City, 4, Parasite Eve and many many more games.

But I don't think it is going to happen. And truth being told I will always prefer new GOOD games anyway
recently i wanted to play some PS1/PS2 games.

i bought a PS2.

problem solved.

sure, if the PS5 supported every generation of games i'd be over the moon but it's not happening. best we can hope for is being able to play our PS4 games.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I believe it will be before Black Friday just like PS4.

The difference this time is that Black Friday become bigger outside US so instead to launch in early December in Europe they will launch before Black Friday there too.

December makes no sense in US imo.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

i don't care what day they release it. i'll be buying it as soon as possible. october, november, december. makes no difference to me.

recently i wanted to play some PS1/PS2 games.

i bought a PS2.

problem solved.

sure, if the PS5 supported every generation of games i'd be over the moon but it's not happening. best we can hope for is being able to play our PS4 games.

Yep. I highly doubt it too. So I just got another PS2 off ebay yesterday for $70. (And got a 360 for XBOX+360 games.)

It was a simpler time. You used to put the videogame in the videogame machine and you played the fucking videogame.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
very close to xmas. they can get away with 500dollar price tag here, the thing will still sell out. bring down the price by 100 by next fall.

If this isn't released in US and UK on the same date then arrogant Sony confirmed :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seriously though, if you make me wait sony, I will turn this car around and buy a Scarlett so damned hard...:messenger_neutral:

Black Friday has fizzled to not much in UK. My area had the local Tesco showing people beating up old men to get shitty 3rd-rate Chinese TV's at 10% off.

We realised it wasn't very British, what with not queueing and the rushing meant we didn't have time to moan.

I think it's still a thing online though.

molly14

The first two Playstations had a ridge racer game on day of release,it be nice if we could have a new RIDGEEE RACERRRR with the release of PS5 and bring back RIKO

Top Bottom