• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Today a user at Smogon named Cresselia~ posted that Sandalit, who was just revealed yesterday, had first been mentioned in a Chinese leak he had seen a few weeks ago apparently from the Chinese localization team since Sun and Moon is the first Pokemon game to be officially localized in Chinese IIRC. He provided the list to the mods at Smogon and after deliberating was allowed to post it, presumably as the mods felt it was possibly legitimate, and so I thought it wouldn't hurt to summarize it here. If the mods on NeoGAF feel this thread is inappropriate at the moment feel free to close it until more proof arrives.

Needless to say this information will of course contain major spoilers if legit, so turn back now! Here's a link to the thread on Smogon where the information begins to be posted: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-vii-pokémon-sun-and-moon-new-info-post-4193.3549746/page-199, but I'll summarize it too:

* Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio evolve into an archer, a wrestler, and a siren respectively---this matches this interesting "concept art" that has been circulating for awhile now but has yet to be confirmed or discredited.

* In addition to Salandit, there's New Pokemon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman, and some sort of "rugby monkey"---a monkey with a ball, apparently? If legit I imagine one or two of these Pokemon will be officially revealed soon, perhaps in CoroCoro, and if so that will speak to the legitimacy of this leak.

* Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf. The official site mentions Rockruff howling at night prior to evolution in its flavor text and if this list was originally seen before then, not sure though when it first appeared, that's a plus for it.

* Marshadow, a name we saw trademarked alongside the Box Legendaries a few months ago, apparently has a "very unique Typing". I've been speculating that Marshadow could be similar to Victini as a Mythical Pokemon revealed prior to the release of Sun and Moon, and I wonder if the upcoming Volcanion film could reveal him if my theory is correct at the end like what happened with Victini at the end of the final Diamond and Pearl film.

* There are apparently these special areas on the map that are hidden at first known as "districts" (?) where powerful Pokemon known as Overlords reside. Are these Legendaries? Or are they simply unusually powerful normal Pokemon with Hidden Abilities perhaps?

* No Gym Leaders. We've yet to see any real sign of Gyms this time around, and I was wondering about that honestly. Instead it seems the plot of the game involves forming a League and each Island is protected by an Island Leader. I assume the first one is Hala and Tapu Koko, who we've seen in previews, who serve as the Island Leaders of Melemele Island. It seems an actual Elite Four will eventually appear, perhaps in the post-game.

* The diamonds seen in the logo, and in the bracelets the playable characters wear, are collectible and seem to unlock functions somewhat simillar to Mega Evolution but not quite---perhaps this is related to the "Super Move" Pikachu is shown using in a shot posted to the official site. One of these stones apparently will be used to access Ash-Greninja.

* You can ride almost any Pokemon, though what "almost any" includes isn't quite clear. A recent shot posted to the official site shows the player riding a Stoutland, so if this list was posted before that it's another plus in its authenticity.

L Thammy

Repeating myself from the other thread: if the leak is real, the ball-throwing monkey should totally be poo themed.

Sou Da

No gym leaders is definitely the most interesting part of this but that Litten evo looks like the fire/fighting meme gone horribly wrong.

As someone who really, really likes the starter concept art that has been floating around for a while I'd be relatively happy with this. However, no gyms is a bit of an odd one. I wonder how that will work. I wish this 'leaker' has mentioned how many Pokemon there are in the game.

Also, just because Litten turns into a wrestler doesn't make it Fighting. It could be a heel and be Dark.

Forkball

Wasn't there a gif in another thread showing the synchro diamonds? The description sounds very similar to it.

Found it.

giphy.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
By the way, the art won't be the exact thing they'd look like, but the leak implies the concept is there.

Before the trademark thing, there's this art called Roothoot that has been circling in 2ch and /vp/, for instance. Who knows?

Also chinese leak. Man, even Pokemon is not safe. First KoF, now this.

No gym leaders is definitely the most interesting part of this but that Litten evo looks like the fire/fighting meme gone horribly wrong.

No gyms would be a really cool way to shake up the structure of Pokemon but I'm not sure what they will use to replace them as the milestones. Maybe the rival team will act as that instead?

OH fuck. If Rowlet and Poplio really do evolve into those, I don't know if I'll be able to decide!

Littens final evo looks like literally the same thing but big and chunky. Kinda boring, IMO. Assuming these are real. AND IF THEY ARE... God help me.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
By the way, the art won't be the exact thing they'd look like, but the leak implies the concept is there.

Before the trademark thing, there's this art called Roothoot that has been circling in 2ch and /vp/, for instance. Who knows?

Also chinese leak. Man, even Pokemon is not safe. First KoF, now this.
Time to change your avatar when wrestler Litten comes out.

Mariolee

All these details sound darn good to me. No gym leaders sounds shocking at first, until you realize Island leaders will function most likely the same.

Azuran

Banned
Litten is garbage and without the worst starter of all time if it actually evolves into that monstrosity. Fire/Fighting too? Fuck off GF.

I'm changing to #TeamPopplio if that's true. At least that evolution looks majestic.

Sou Da

All these details sound darn good to me. No gym leaders sounds shocking at first, until you realize Island leaders will function most likely the same.

The island leaders make up the E4 though, there wouldn't be enough for eight badges.

Kansoku

* No Gym Leaders. We've yet to see any real sign of Gyms this time around, and I was wondering about that honestly. Instead it seems the plot of the game involves forming a League and each Island is protected by an Island Leader. I assume the first one is Hala and Tapu Koko, who we've seen in previews, who serve as the Island Leaders of Melemele Island. It seems an actual Elite Four will eventually appear, perhaps in the post-game.

Oh my God YES. PLEASE BE TRUE.

Hikami

No gyms could be huge for me. I've been asking for a change to the usual 8 gym leaders -> Pokemon league progression for a while now.

Kinsei

Banned
If this is true and the dolphin is a water type then I might switch from Popplio to Rowlet. I really want to ride on a dolphin.

If true this is potentially exciting, but I hope that the Island Leaders aren't just Gym Leaders with a different name. They desperately need to switch up the tired 8-gym formula for me to have interest.

Watch Da Birdie

Think of it this way, Salandit is clearly inspired on a bandit but isn't a Dark-type.

I think Litten's final form given its supposed appearance in that concept art could be based on a fighter, but end up being Fire/Dark since it's like a heel wrestler and all.

Bubble

Neo Member
If the concept art for Litten's evolutions, then I'm out. Really sick and tired of the Fire/Fighting combination. If the concept art is what is to be expected, then it will be Gen V all over again. With really bad Final Starter evolutions all around.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No Gyms would actually get me interested. But if it's just replacing the gyms with "go here and get eight badges because reasons" they can promptly fuck off. There has been 6-7 titles of that already. Most of their playerbase is 13+ or so, it's time to leave that "get the badges to control your level 100 Pokemon" behind.

Think of it this way, Salandit is clearly inspired on a bandit but isn't a Dark-type.

I think Litten's final form given its supposed appearance in that concept art could be based on a fighter, but end up being Fire/Dark since it's like a heel wrestler and all.

Seems unlikely to me, dark type has always been more vague in what it entails in regards to Salandit, but RL fighting styles have always been part fighting type

Azuran

Banned

He's not going to be Dark-type is that's how he looks like. How do you expect it to get STAB on all this "wrestling" fighting moves otherwise.

Watch Da Birdie

Well last Generation we had a Pokemon that literally fused with a flower who didn't get STAB moves on Grass-type attacks, so...

A Hidden Ability that powers up grapple-based moves would work too.

Top Bottom