• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Prey 2 cancelled, official statement due next week [Up: ZeniMax: No comment.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflufan

Banned
Well, what does lend some credence is that Bethesda pulled the Prey 2 demonstration that was supposed to be at GDC.

Majanew

Banned
If true that sucks, the gameplay looked pretty cool. Sad that it's such a departure from the first game, but I liked what I saw.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What the fuck? I thought it had a really strong showing at previous shows and looked somewhat feature complete.

Maybe they fear it will bomb like rage did?

What a shame.

Thomper

Is PSFocus the only source for this? As far as I can recall they're a preeetty small and insignificant Dutch site. It seems weird for them to have the exclusive scoop on this news.

Patryn

I'm skeptical as well, because it seemed to me that every time it was shown off, it just impressed people.

I hadn't really heard any bad press.

Keasar

LEGANERD_037003.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Maybe this is more "embarrass the press" bait to see how many major sites grab this without verifying.

Thomper

Yes, the only one for now.

Has PSFocus had any scoops in the past? Don't recall them having any deep contacts within the industry. Something might be going on with Prey 2, but I don't trust PSFocus to break this story first in any way.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Please be a lie. Please be a lie. Please be a lie.

Prey 2 looks awesome as fuck. If it got cancelled, I'd bet that it was heading towards or already in development hell and they decided to pull the plug before it wasted too much money.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
This better be some April Fools shit because Prey2 looked freaking awesome when they showed it and got a shit ton of positive reception. It has to be a joke.

i-Lo

I am highly sceptical atm. That said, if true, it would be terribly disappointing.

Wasn't linear enough to chase them COD dollars.

Fuck this industry.

That's a bit of knee jerk reaction. I don't think every game needs to chase after CoD sales figures.

But just to add fuel to fire:

Perhaps they realized the game did not have the potential to be properly annualized.

/trollface

Lakitu

st5fu
Fuck. It better not be. It looks so promising and a kick in the teeth for all those who worked so hard on it. Plus, I love cyberpunk and it's one of my most anticipated games this year.

Jarmel

Banned
WTF IS THIS SHIT?

Come the FUCK ON. We barely get enough high production sci-fi games as it is. Come the fuck on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom