• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor | Prodigious PS5 price rumor: Alleged prices for both consoles and every PlayStation 5 accessory; initial launch in Japan supposedly November 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
ps5_and_accessories.jpg

US$UK£EU€JP¥Global launchJapan launch
PS5 Blu-ray console$499£449€499¥49,980Nov 20Nov 14
PS5 Digital Edition$399£349€399¥44,980Nov 20Nov 14
DualSense controller$59.99£54.99€59.99¥5,980Nov 20Nov 14
DualSense charging station$29.99£24.99€29.99¥3,600Nov 20Nov 14
PS5 HD camera$59.99£54.99€59.99¥5,980Nov 20Nov 14
Pulse 3D headset$159£129€179¥18,000Nov 20Nov 14
PS5 remote control$29.99£24.99€29.99¥3,600Nov 20Nov 14
PS5 "vertical stand"$24.99£16.99€19.99¥2,280Nov 20Nov 14
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales$39.99£29.99€39.99-Nov 20-

Unsurprisingly, the rumors stated by @IronManPS5 have already been contested, with one commentator suggesting that the actual prices for the PlayStation 5 would be US$549/£499/€549 for the Blu-ray model and US$449/£399/€449 for the digital edition. The prices offered by @IronManPS5 reflect those that were offered up recently by a faked Amazon France leak, which further questions the validity and credibility of the supposed PS5 console and accessory prices in the above table. (In addition, a Canadian price of CAD$49.99 is mentioned for the PS5 game Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales.)

However, regardless of the truth behind these rumors, there are some interesting things to note, including the possibility of a November release for the PS5 and that Japanese gamers could be the first to get to try out the hardware. The PS4 was released much later in Japan compared to other markets, with a lack of home-grown game development chosen as the reason for the delay. Perhaps this time around Sony would like to please its domestic fans first. The mention of a separately sold vertical stand for the PS5 is dubious, and its existence has been fairly questioned by some who would expect Sony to include any required stand with the console itself.

Lastly, it needs to be repeated that @IronManPS5 is an unreliable source and that the information included here is simply interesting for the sake of speculation. For instance, the Twitter poster claimed on June 10 that Sony would reveal the PS5 hardware design on July 7, yet the console was actually revealed on June 11. Fans might have to wait until August before Sony actually starts revealing any official prices for the PlayStation 5 and its accessories.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I don't know what I find funnier, the random "prodigious" in the title that seems to be grabbed from a random page of the silly hype dictionary by someone who obviously has no idea of how to write (or source) an article, or that two different people would find this crap "rumor" from Twitter worth a post.

At least the other poster had the decency to avoid quoting the "Prodigious" in his title. 🤔

Last edited:
I don't know what I find funnier, the random "prodigious" in the title that seems to be grabbed from a random page of the silly hype dictionary by someone who obviously has no idea of how to write (or source) an article, or that two different people would find this crap "rumor" from Twitter worth a post.

At least the other poster had the decency to avoid quoting the "Prodigious" in his title. 🤔

I did not see it. Thank you!!!

Dory16

Banned
Not spending that amount to play Miles Morales. Sony has to bring its heavy hitters first. I’m going with XSX at launch and a used digital PS5 down the line.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I believe the November 20th release date but I don't see Japan getting the console 6 days early. PS4 is at 10M in Japan while NA and Europe is much bigger so they won't release PS5 in Japan first. Same time? Absolutely but not first so I don't believe that.

I also don't believe the price. I see $500 and $600 for Digital/Disc editions. If Sony is truly spending $450 give or take to manufacture the console before packing, distribution and shipping, it's probably closer to $500 if not over. Even if you subtract the 4K Blu Ray Drive which costs a maximum of $30, I just don't see Sony losing money on either console.

I also believe that Sony putting the Disc Edition at $600 basically forces the vast majority to go with the Digital Edition which is what they want. So until they announce the price, I'll stick with my $500 and $600 predictions. Personally, im hoping the Disc Edition is $500 because that's the Edition im buying day one.

But we'll see. We'll know by September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom