• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
Curious if it'll be worth buying a PS4 for (aka Souls quality).

Who am I kidding, it will be. My poor wallet.

It's an exclusive From Software Souls game. Of course it's gonna be worth buying a console for. I'd buy a fuckin Wii U if they made an exclusive for it, these dudes are geniuses.

Alucrid

Banned
There is never a reason to make a game exclusive, unless it is completely made by Sony, M$ or Nintendo. From Software isn't owned by any of those three companies, I have no idea why they are making another exclusive game. They are shitting on the people that buy their games, but have either PCs or Xboxes. Even worse than From Software making it an exclusive, is the people who actually thinks this is a good thing.

Well, aren't you mature.
Ugh, I can't believe this is from softwares first exclusive game. What a let down.

B.O.O.M

8wdr7

8wdsg

Nice

There is never a reason to make a game exclusive, unless it is completely made by Sony, M$ or Nintendo. From Software isn't owned by any of those three companies, I have no idea why they are making another exclusive game. They are shitting on the people that buy their games, but have either PCs or Xboxes. Even worse than From Software making it an exclusive, is the people who actually thinks this is a good thing.

Well, aren't you mature.

Not sure what you are going on about here to be honest. If the rumor is true this is being co-developed by Sony Japan Studios AND From Software. So it's most likely that sony actually owns the IP for this too.

kinggroin

Banned

Well, aren't you mature.

What does maturity have to do with anything? I gave you good advice.

Right now its like bitching that Monster Hunter is only on Wii U it 3DS.

Go make it happen so you can play and be happy with the news.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ah crap it leaked. How lame would have been a great reveal

I do feel sorry for the devs and PR who are gonna have to pretend this is not theirs or that it's fake.

Wish it were for E3, but hey these are just screencaps, not the video itself!

Because there were no guns in that universe before?
There were no guns in the areas we played in. This could take place in a far away land with a slightly different technological level. The real world works this way, I don't see how it couldn't in a videogame.

Reallink

SONY sure won't take this new IP for granted like they did with Demon's Souls.

Make it rain money on this project sony... make it rain money on them!!!

Give them a HUGE budget.

This project and contract predates Kadokawa's From buy out. I don't think Kadokawa are going to be interested in contracting From out for partnerships with competing publishers in the future.

Dezzy

Fake account? :(

Even so, I do like this quote from it. "Everyone turned down my idea for a pity mode that says 'YOU TRIED' every time you get killed."
That would be hilarious.

BadWolf

Bayonetta 2 all over again?

Guevara

(egregious speculation)

I wonder if this will be a more linear game, along the lines of a Resident Evil 4: some backtracking, some large areas, but not really open world like Dark Souls.

Timmy00

Well looks like I have a reason to finally get a PS4 soon then.

Though I'll be cautious with the game since From have always been a hit or miss studio for me. If it's like the other Souls game though, I'm sure I'll love it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
OP, those screen JPS Kai posted are simply copy/pasted from 4chan. Probably doesn't want people thinking he leaked them.

UrbanRats

I hope its as gritty as people says about Demons Souls. Never played DeS cause I had a 360 last gen, so Im curious to see how is the atmosphere compared to Dark (and I wouldnt mind a DeS definitive for my PS4).

I played DeS after DkS, and i have to say, some gameplay elements i liked less, and the game lacked somewhat in content (very few armors and weapons) but the atmosphere is still unmatched, by the other Souls games, for me.

And again, i played it after DkS, so it's not a nostalgia thing.

It's much darker in tone and more oppressive, closer to the darker moments of Berserk (without the extreme gore and rapes, of course).
I would say DeS is more "dark" whereas DkS is more "fantasy", although both fall under the Dark Fantasy umbrella.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever that is, it looks pretty damn awesome. I prefer the more traditional medieval setting of the Souls games, but this could be damn cool, too. Can't wait for more info.

Miyazaki is back!

I really hope this is legit. Not because I'm a Souls fan (I'm not), but because if it's all a hoax then we'll never ever hear the end of it.

Edit - It's essentially been confirmed then. Wow, a leak from 4chan turned out to be legit. I guess miracles will never cease to happen.

Odrion

Banned
Who cares about naming conventions? What this looks like is another reiteration of FROM's dungeon delving genre. This will be another reiteration of the Souls concept, which was a reiteration of that one PS2 game no one remembers, which was a reiteration of the King's Field series.

FROM makes mechs and medeval games.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Did you say the same thing when the Order was announced? Since you know, Ready At Dawn is not first party. Or with Alan Wake, since not only was it announced originally as a PC/360/PS3 game but Remedy had already done multiplatform games?

BigDug13

There were no guns in the areas we played in. This could take place in a far away land with a slightly different technological level. The real world works this way, I don't see how it couldn't in a videogame.

I'd rather see something new. Nearly all the enemies of DeS were replicated in DaS. Even a lot of the situations were similar. Oh look, a dragon breathing fire as you run across a bridge. A bunch of shielded-wielding blobs in a circle that attack. I don't necessarily want to see mostly the same exact enemies as the previous games but now while holding a gun when the alternative could be a brand new place, brand new IP, brand new enemies, brand new classes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom