• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PSASBR leaks lead to recent SCEA PR firing [Up: Fabricated report. Not true.]

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I got a PM from someone who works for Superbot who will remain unnamed. He says the source's claims are false.

Zeroth

Wow what a clusterfuck. Still tho... the whole SCEJ involvement is pretty weird, or do they mean Shuhei Yoshida? Anyway the biggest thing I take away of this mess is that characterbegging apparantly helps, so I wonder if I should go in the PSABR thread now and start spamming for Alundra.

Well, apparently SCEJ is the boss of SCEA much like Nintendo of Japan controls Reggie NoA, so once they got wind of the situation they stepped on the PR department for creating all this.

Mr. Fix

What exactly were theses "leaks and teases" that Paul Gale gave?

Nothing was ever concrete, as he never made it that way (i.e. A character with a sword- lol) so he was able to save face or connect the hints to something totally left-field. From what I gathered, he's hinted at Snake, Crash and more recently Cloud.

WinFonda

Are you guys reading the same thing I am?

The story reads as if Kamiya ragging on the game was the tipping point in acquiring new characters for post-release DLC, mandated by SCEJ.

I call BS.

I got a PM from someone who works for Superbot who will remain unnamed. He says the source's claims are false.
so we have 2 people who could know both saying this is bullshit. I'm inclined to believe the same. It's just so stupid on all fronts it's hard to believe.

Mr. Fix

You should probably include this in the OP. It really goes two ways though:

- You could say that Afro's friend made up that story for being laid off

- Going by the story, SuperBot may not actually be telling the truth here, as they've said that they weren't affiliated with Paul a while ago

Either way, screw Paul Gale.

...Kamiya's Twitter statement that the game is "a Smash Bros. rip-off".

Why would they even try to combat that? It's as blatant a rip-off as I've ever seen.
Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be a bad game. But it is what it is.

GQman2121

Banned
What a weird situation. I guess it all stems from Superbot's ineptitude. They really should've taken a look at the beta's filebase.

ib03BLWXhhaR5f.gif

This all seems like a huge overreaction for a game that doesn't deserve nearly this much attention. Lesson learned for all involved: Don't Be A Piece Of Shit Thinking You're Clever

So the "thing" Platinum Games was actually not happy about was probably this, and not the game it self.

But ofc, "Platinum Games not happy with All Stars" makes better headlines. Sucks that people lost their jobs over this though.

If some PR reps got caught using a third party to deliberately mislead people about what would be in the game, then firing them was probably the right thing to do. The beta leaks and Platinum complaints are really a sideshow to that.

Instead of getting a proper reveal like the other characters had been getting, he was rather unceremoniously shown off in a bit of demo footage from PAX Prime. I think I remember that the website was accidentally updated with his profile photo before that footage even happened, as well.

They wanted Raiden's (and Dante's) reveal trailer done in a similar fashion to Sonic/Snake's reveal trailers for Brawl (meaning actually decent). That was the agreement. Once the roster was leaked, SCEA panicked and we got the lame ass trailer(s) you see on the internet. It was supposed to hype up Revengance too.

sounds pretty bad, thnx for the info. Stupid Sony

jett

D-Member
So the "thing" Platinum Games was actually not happy about was probably this, and not the game it self.

But ofc, "Platinum Games not happy with All Stars" makes better headlines. Sucks that people lost their jobs over this though.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/vcu3le/metal-gear-rising--revengeance-revealing-raiden-interview

Inaba clearly states that they aren't happy with some stuff in All Stars, the game. Kamiya doesn't care for it either and has called it a smash bros ripoff on twitter.

"and directly urged Superbot to begin development on downloadable content that lines up with the fake leaks in order to keep good will with their early consumers who are obviously informed of leaks and rumors long before release."

Does doesn't sound like something any developer would do tbh.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/vcu3le/metal-gear-rising--revengeance-revealing-raiden-interview

Inaba clearly states that they aren't happy with some stuff in All Stars, the game. Kamiya doesn't care for it either and has called it a smash bros ripoff on twitter.

I didn't say anything about Kamiya, and tbh, nothing Inaba doesn't really say much besides "reasons are different" and Yuji Korekado is pretty specific.

Murrah

Banned
Everyone maybe we should all calm down and wait for Paul Gale to respond with more shirtless pictures of himself before we jump to conclusions

Well, obviously they'd deny it even if it were true. It's an embarrassing clusterfuck, and it would be in the best interests of current and former employees of Superbot to cast doubt on these claims.

Top Bottom