• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PSN cards for Europe coming Oct. 1

TheOddOne

PSN cards for Europe coming Oct. 1

Translated trough google
Finally, the extent, the PlayStation Network Cards for Europe officially confirmed. Not to the press, etc., but to the retail. All shops, websites etc. that European PlayStation Network cards ordered held from October 1 to be sold. Console Shop The shop has even been in the range listed, including combination offers the PSPGo. We no longer need to speculate on vague hints and strange new posts at various sites because the cards on October 1. We have 2 websites checked, the first confirmation we received yesterday and today we get confirmation within the 2nd. The PSN cards to Europe are also official. Let you hear how happy you are in the reactions, because for months we have read numerous complaints on the forum about the PSN cards, we are now what joy again.

Roto13

Diablos said:
Europe still doesn't have PSN cards?

Why are you guys so neglected?
Canada didn't even have them until like last month. I was using prepaid credit cards. Stupid activation fees....

jiggles

Banned
Doesn't affect me, as I pay by CC, but at least you American PS3 owners will be able to scoop up some cards on ebay and finally get Outrun Online Arcade.

That's aside from the obvious "yay, more sales for deserving PSN games in Europe", of course.

Diablos said:
Europe still doesn't have PSN cards?

Why are you guys so neglected?

Probably because the cards have to be made for each countries currency. Not an excuse for why they've taken so long, but as Sony use real money and not space bucks it would have taken them a bit longer to roll out Europe.... They of course have taken longer than a "bit" though.

painey

unlike in the states, lots and lots of people have debit cards, even from an early age so its not really been a priority to get the cards here.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
And what about Latin America?

Dommel

painey said:
unlike in the states, lots and lots of people have debit cards, even from an early age so its not really been a priority to get the cards here.

Afaik you can only pay with UK debit cards, all the other countries are out of luck and CC´s are almost non-existent compared to the US.

It´s about fucking time Sony!

Alphahawk

painey said:

And you think alot of people over here don't?

Syringe

painey said:
I'm from Sweden and this is supposed to be one of the countries in Europe that is most credit card prone, but it is nowhere near as popular as it is in the states. Where did you get this from?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
you mean my biggest issue with the ps3 since launch is being fixed?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES.

and just after i bought a 360 out of rage for dj hero dlc.

looks like i might get dj hero on ps3 afterall :D

There's actually people that don't have at least a debit card?

How the hell do you manage to get by like that?

Banks will give a 13 year old a debit card ffs. Spend the half an hour to sort it out, it'll make your life a gazillion times easier.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
brain_stew said:

Banks will give a 13 year old a debit card ffs. Spend the half an hour to sort it out, it'll make your life a gazillion times easier.

like ive said many times before, we have bank cards here but not with a debit function, we can just take money out of the wall or pay in shops.

(Netherlands) no other way than a cc here, believe me, i checked.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
brain_stew said:

Since when do you need a debit card to get by?

iCon

Neo Member
Its really a good news .. and i hope its true .. though it will not affect me because i am using UAE store for all my PAL downloads.

Good news. Though I use a debit card, this will push more sales for PSN. Launch the movie/music store, the PSP Go and add more Home items in addition to what PSN already has, and Sony will make a fuck ton of money. Singstar will benefit like crazy too.

painey said:
Seriously, this is bullshit. Maybe true for the UK, but not the entirety of Europe.

In Germany, you can get something like a debit card even as a teenager and most people do. You can use it to get money from an ATM and use it in stores to buy with it directly but you can't use it online.

Thankfully, we have a great bank system with easy and fast money transfer from one account to another and most German online stores use a system called "Lastschrift", where they collect the money directly from your bank account when buying online.

The only problem is, Sony doesn't use any of these methods, they only offer purchases with credit cards. So if people don't travel a lot or buy online internationally, there is almost no reason for them to get a CC, because for their daily use in Germany, they're covered with their bank card.

If Sony would just offer this, there would be no problem at all and they could totally forget about the cards. But SCEE is fucking stupid, as we all know.

brain_stew said:

Some people don't want everyone in the world to have their number considering the amount of identity theft going around or some people want to give them as gifts. There are a ton of reasons for these to be sold and no reason for them not to be.

Considering that MS and Nintendo have had them since launch, it's pretty shameful that it's taken Sony this long to get their act together and offer them too.

Well, I feel to much confortable using a credit or debit card to buy in the PSN, without worrying if I don't have enought money in the virtual wallet, or spending more than the cost of the game that I want to buy.

If a credit card was required, should be a pain in the ass, but as long as they accept debit card (at least en europe), I don't thing I will buy any of this PSN cards.

Top Bottom