• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Rand al Thor has "heard through the grapevine" that nearly every internal studio at Xbox submitted something for the Xbox Showcase

Let’s look at last year and see which games were CG and which were gameplay:
- Starfield: in-engine but not gameplay so let’s say CG
- S.t.à.l.k.e.r. 2 : gameplay
- Back4Blood: gameplay
- Contraband: CGI
- Sea of thieves crossover: gameplay
- Yakuza lad: gameplay
- BF2042: gameplay
- 12 minutes: gameplay
- Psychonauts 2: gameplay
- Doom Eternal RT patch: gameplay
- Skyrim anniversary: nothing
- Fallout 76 expansion: gameplay
- ESO expansion: gameplay
- party animals: unclear but looks cgi
- Hades: gameplay
- Sommerville: gameplay
- Halo Infinite: gameplay
- Diablo 2 Resurrected: gameplay
- Plague Tale Requiem: unclear but looks cgi
- Far Cry 6: gameplay
- Slime Rancher 2: gameplay
- Shredders: gameplay
- Atomic Heart: unclear but looks gameplay
- Replaced: gameplay
- Grounded: gameplay
- Among us: gameplay
- Eiyuden Chronicle: gameplay
- The Ascent: gameplay
- Age of Empires 4: gameplay
- Outer Worlds 2: CG
- Flight Sim: gameplay
- FH5: gameplay
- Redfall: CG

So that’s 6 games showed with CG out of 33, or 18%.
How many of those were MS first party games? and of those how many were actually brand new game announcements and not expansions or some other variation on an existing title or gameplay from a title we had only seen CGI of before? Also counting games from studios MS bought but had nothing to do with the development of doesn't really count, those games were already far enough along that showing them wasn't a problem.

Chukhopops

How many of those were MS first party games? and of those how many were actually brand new game announcements and not expansions or some other variation on an existing title or gameplay from a title we had only seen CGI of before? Also counting games from studios MS bought but had nothing to do with the development of doesn't really count, those games were already far enough along that showing them wasn't a problem.
So the criteria is now only first party games, during the first reveal, no expansions and MS needs to have owned the studio from day 1 of the game’s development. Any other house rules I should know about? And why do those only apply to MS when all other companies can show third party games or games that are developed as exclusives by third parties?

In the end I don’t care what your metric is, feel free to remove all you want and keep the rest - my point remains the same.

Edit: let’s apply those rules to the last Sony State of Play:
- Pragmata: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Exoprimal: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Ghostwire Tokyo: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Stranger of paradise: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Forspoken: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Gundam Évolution: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Ninja turtles: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Giga Bash: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Jojo all star battle: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Trek to Yomi: 3rd party, doesn’t count;
- Returnal: expansion / patch;
- Valkyrie Elysium : 3rd party, doesn’t count.

So that’s a total of… zero eligible game?

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Am I missing something but like....wouldn't most years everyone submit something? Or close to it?

Like State of Decay 3 was announced with a beautiful CGI-nothing trailer. So that year they submitted something. I dunno, I find it weird that he's acting like this a big deal when given many of the timelines yeah most studios should have SOMETHING to show.
no not all the studios are always ready to show things nor have cgi or trailers that at this point should be already set.
The truth is that time has slowly passed and many of the acquisitions it has made in the past are finally ready to show their works.

Last edited:

RGB'D

A New cycle begins.
Animated GIF

Starcheif

We need a pinned post for all of these "Leakers" and vague guesses made by so called insiders.
Just banning these types of leakers would be great IMO.

Top Bottom