• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption 2, sequel to 13+ million game, is coming, has co-op

salromano

So I spoke to an insider at Rockstar who confirmed that Rockstar is indeed developing a sequel to Red Dead Redemption for PS4/Xbox One.

Don't have a lot of concrete details but expect co-op to be integrated and focused on.

Excited as fuck? ☑

Edit: Bish approved.

Ask your insider if Agent still exists.

Unpopular Opinion: I just hope the ending is a little better/more choice matters (sorry, was not a fan of the ending even though I acknowledge it was original and different.).

I also hope there is more to do after you beat the game as well as the multiplayer/open world. It was a fun game but after I was done with such a vast world, it was just a little too empty and the MP let a lot to be desired. Though GTA Online is a step in the right direction with a lot more co-op missions and so on which are fun. Though a focus on co-op sounds absolutely awesome for this.

MattyG

Banned
We already talked. Carry on.
condesending-oprah_zps209e94cd.gif

Damian.

Banned
Release the original on PC! I want to play it again but can't be bothered by barely held together games anymore!

U2NUMB

Well now all we need is someone with a friend at Valve to confirm HL3 and someone at Bethesda to confirm the next Fallout..

At least we are knocking out the list one by one guys!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
OP, where did you meet that Rockstar insider? at least give us SOMETHING.

Denton

I hope it is playable without co-op.
Also get that PC version made Rockstar. RDR being stuck in sub720p sub30fps prison for eternity is a crime against gaming humanity.

Pachimari

Fuck, I haven't even started Red Dead Redemption yet. There's so many games I got to complete before the sequels come out!

Mister D

I need this in my life. Damn if this is real and they include full 4 player co-op in the campaign next gen will have redeemed itself. Imagine riding into town as a 4 man posse and robbing the shit out of banks, stage coaches, and trains. Give it to me Rockstar, my wallet is open on the dresser!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I am going to hazard a guess that the co-op won't be couch co-op. That makes me a sad panda.

Hopefully they consider femfreq's criticisms in the sequel.

I enjoyed the game but definitely recognize its problematic elements.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This is amazing news! Can't imagine how amazing it'll look if next gen only.
Please release Red Dead Redemption for ps4/xb1 please. ._.

wotta

So I spoke to an insider at Rockstar who confirmed that Rockstar is indeed developing a sequel to Red Dead Redemption for PS4/Xbox One.

Don't have a lot of concrete details but expect co-op to be integrated and focused on.

Excited as fuck? ☑

Edit: Bish approved.

This is true I reckon....

They need to fix the shooting or I won't bother. The first game was such a chore to play. And don't get me started on the Mexico chapter. Ugh.

Tagyhag

I can see that, would be a shame If it didn't come to the PC but at least the PS4 version will presumably be good enough.

As much as I loved Red Dead Redemption the first time I played it, the mission structure does not hold up. THe missions are all really bad and almost all of the side characters just jerk John Marston around for 20 hours. The only two characters who are not annoying thorns in Marston's side are Bonnie McFarlane and the famous gunman who retires to Mexico. Every other character is just some moron who Marston has to run errands for for absolutely no reason, over and over again.

My vision for a future Red Dead, if it's sequential, is one where you follow the great migration north following the cattle herding from the South West up to Chicago, and the second half is set in a 1915-1920 Chicago, introducing the character through the meat/cattle/cowboy industry but settling into a crooked government/early organized crime story.

But, if we've learned anything from Rockstars last game, it's that they're unwilling or unable to write a story. So we'll see.

Top Bottom