• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption 2, sequel to 13+ million game, is coming, has co-op

UrbanRats

If they go that route, they should have the player assume the role of an adelita during the Mexican Revolution.

That'd be pretty cool yeah.
Although i wouldn't mind moving up north in the continent.
RDR had pretty much both snow and desert in a very small area, and i thought it was weird.

Darker

Banned
I wonder if Bish is going to send you a private message? :)

Hope not. The Rockstar stuff is more anecdotal opinion from someone in the know rather than any concrete 'rumour' or anything.

The Rare stuff is cool though. I'll keep that in the locker for my 5 minutes of fame in the future.

I think the scariest thing I'm reading here is a FOCUS on co-op.

That's a pretty major departure from the lonely, character driven game and story that was Red Dead Redemption.

Darker

Banned
Spill that shit now, son.

But I want the fame and attention of a personal thread.

I want to be the apple of everyone's eye for just a moment.

I long for my 15 minutes, my moment in the limelight.

Bow to me, minions, for I know something you don't.

Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair.

But mostly I just want to imitate what everyone with secrets does and drop 'I don't want to tease but' and then tease everyone for ever while maintaining a self-reflexive facade of not teasing.

I meant 10 years in the original post, not 20. It's not really that interesting. Everything was Kinect :(

Red Dead Resurrection

A Haitian expatriate finds a way to put the soul of John Marston into a Good Guys doll

The whole game takes place in 1906 San Francisco

You can fill in the blanks

Cole Slaw

Banned
WOW at everything at Rare being for Kinect for the LAST TEN YEARS. Microsoft paid how much in 2014 dollars to buy that studio out???

robotrock

Banned
Man I would be surprised if this was co-op focused. Maybe it will be like GTA V with the multiple protagonists or something and then they let your friends play as one character of the three

I'm gonna resurrect my old post about this from some Red Dead thread or another:

A game called The Red, The Dead, and the Ugly, where you hop characters GTA V style, would be pretty fucking fun.

The Red: A Native American protagonist trying to live right even though the entire country is trying to marginalize him
The Dead: A former slave with a MASSIVE bounty on his head after killing his master and running.
The Ugly: A Jonah Hex-esque disfigured drifter with a mysterious past.

I'm also going to chime in that I would really really like this to be released on PC, if at all possible please please please GODDAMMIT PLEASE.

hoserx

I'm gonna resurrect my old post about this from some Red Dead thread or another:

A game called The Red, The Dead, and the Ugly, where you hop characters GTA V style, would be pretty fucking fun.

[B]The Red: A Native American[/B] protagonist trying to live right even though the entire country is trying to marginalize him
The Dead: A former slave with a MASSIVE bounty on his head after killing his master and running.

I'm also going to chime in that I would really really like this to be released on PC, if at all possible please please please GODDAMMIT PLEASE.

I'm not sure how that would be received.....

xbhaskarx

The Red: A Native American protagonist trying to live right even though the entire country is trying to marginalize him

Someone forward this idea to Rockstar...

Cole Slaw

Banned
Rare in its former glory would've performed magic on the PS4, if only the Stampers could've clawed back freedom like Bungie.

Anyway, I fully expect R* San Diego to make their sequel sing like a hummingbird with 8GBs of GDDR5. This I would love to see.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
One of my favorite games. Love the soundtrack. I'm skeptical they can do the old west again so well. Atleast GTA can switch around to all different kinds of settings.
Well they can move the locale to the upper mid west and focus on the plain Indians, focus on general custard and the battle of little big horn

I don't know, it might be to silly

jonah-hex-gatling-gun-horse.gif

Some Nobody

Ugh, "futuristic old west" is the worst motif ever. =P

Go away now.gif

Space Western might make me buy a Rockstar game for the first time ever. But it won't be that, I know better.

Anyway, why is this relevant? Are we hinting at this being present at the TGAs or PSX?

EvB

Meh. I'm glad RDR is getting a sequel, but why no PC love? :(

You wait your time PC nobility. By the time it comes out and everyone has played it on console that graphics card you want will cost half what it does now .

I hope Rockstar have respect for the time period. It's why I loved Red Dead so much.

In fact I trust they do. That's how the manage such a strong sense of place in their games, by not making shit up and being as authentic as possible.

Mononoke

Banned

Native Americans have already been through the ringer with our entertainment. Dont think they would appreciate this? I mean I'm just not sure Rockstar could handle this, given how serious the subject is and how hokey their games can be. I get it's fiction but eh...

There is just such a long history of racism and or the media not taking their history or culture seriously (especially in Westerns). Just having a hard time imagining this in a rockstar game.

MormaPope

Banned
Bonnie isn't coming back. The majority of characters are probably not coming back.

She was a good character, but nothing more. She wasn't even close to being the glue that held Red Dead Redemption together. Her coming back would be contrived as fuck. She got married and left the ranch, she moved on from the old way of life.

Patapwn

I'm a genie and I refuse to grant this wish

kenta

Has no PEINS
The NPCs in Redemption are what made it for me. So many good characters. I want more stuff like Shaky and Irish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRubwWuaCEo (edit: wait, no, Marston was amazing too. Everyone was amazing)

The way the game wrapped up was just fantastic, the entire last chapter was so unexpectedly low key and well executed. Man I loved that game. They set a high bar for themselves

inner-G

Banned
Red Dead Racers

Kart racer with horse-like karts similar to the Link one in the MK8 DLC. All simple desert tracks, but the last one is an impossibly slick ice track.

John is back and zombified as a playable character from some Undead Nightmare!

So cliche, sorry I like the idea but hate your execution. Rockstar proved with GTA5 they had ideas and something to say and to do with protagonists

Top Bottom