• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to PS4 on October 11th

This is from the italian Gamestop's website
https://www.gamestop.it/PS4/Games/100217/rise-of-the-tomb-raider

LqzRPB8.png

Also, an employee has taken a picture of his store database ( sorry i don't have a direct source of the picture, but it is been reported by everyeye.it )

Dear Square Enix take a look at October's releases and tell me that this is a good idea it'll bomb hard in that month.
Is this going to be full price as well? Good to see it finally coming to PS4, but full price and October aren't going to work.

I doubt it will be full price and include NOTHING. also that box art has no rating so it's probably placeholder - the final box art may very well say "complete" or something.

Even as a complete edition, €70 is taking the piss.

However, October is rumoured to be the Neo release month, so maybe it is indeed getting a full upgrade with all the bells and whistles they can fit into it with that extra power to try and justify the high price?

Kaisos

For many, many people, this is essentially the first time the game has been released. Why would you expect anything other than full price?

However, October is rumoured to be the Neo release month, so maybe it is indeed getting a full upgrade with all the bells and whistles they can fit into it with that extra power to try and justify the high price?
If anything is done to it, it will probably just be some of the PC enhancements, and it probably won't be 60fps either as you need a particularly beefy GPU/CPU combo to get 60fps in the open areas (which is much of the game).

Gestault

RotTR was really well done. The balance of exploration, puzzles, combat and stealth clicked really well. Wait until it's at a price that you're happy to pay and dig in.

It's from Gamestop, the pre-order price is usually higher.

John Wick

I'll buy it when it's £5 second hand or I might just skip it altogether. Square Enix weren't bothered about my custom so why bother with their game. In a year when it's free on PS+ might give it a whirl.

geordiemp

RotTR was really well done. The balance of exploration, puzzles, combat and stealth clicked really well. Wait until it's at a price that you're happy to pay and dig in.

Will wait for reviews, the control lag would kill it for me (Xb1 version), if Ps4 is the same that sounds like a Nightmare (I hated Killzone SF for same reason, cant hack.

They need to fix the laggy inputs or I wont go near it.that shit).

If they fix controller input lag....will buy, but wait for a severe price drop, cant support or reward the practice.

Lucreto

A week after Final Fantasy XV and two weeks before World of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest Builders.

You will be mad to put it out then.

I am still going to get it but might make it a Christmas present instead.

I'll buy it when it's £5 second hand or I might just skip it altogether. Square Enix weren't bothered about my custom so why bother with their game. In a year when it's free on PS+ might give it a whirl.
I assume you're joking because there is no way in hell this will be free on PS+ in 2017.

gbland

I'll eventually get this game. If it's coming out around that time, I won't buy it at full price. I can always wait for another year for the price to go down

hawk2025

I completely disagree.

It failed precisely at balancing the bloat of exploration, pointless side quests, and dozens of distractions -- all while losing the snappy combat of the previous version.

It's a decent game, but its mechanics are completely out of whack IMO.

Well it's a new release on a different platform. Do you guys seriously think they would release it at a discounted price just because a few people already played it on the One? I'm not going to bother with the game but that's because I have no interest in tomb raider not because of the price.

Wanderer5

Can they at least throw in the DLC with the base game for full price lol? $60 for just the base game is lame when the game will be almost a year old then.

I completely disagree.

It failed precisely at balancing the bloat of exploration, pointless side quests, and dozens of distractions -- all while losing the snappy combat of the previous version.

It's a decent game, but its mechanics are completely out of whack IMO.

Ohhhhh boy, this sucks. I know you liked the previous game.

My interest just went down a notch. Might have to wait until it's a fair bit cheaper.

Well it's a new release on a different platform. Do you guys seriously think they would release it at a discounted price just because a few people already played it on the One? I'm not going to bother with the game but that's because I have no interest in tomb raider not because of the price.
It's a year-old game releasing against big competition.

Again.

It's going to be slaughtered. I think we just expected something intelligent from the marketing team to try to get the game into some hands.

carlsojo

Not sure excatly, but it came with all the DLC alongside the improvements in graphics.

True but I don't recall the DLC being anything other than some different outfits and like an extra "tomb".

I fully expect graphical improvements for the PS4 version of this new TR.

hawk2025

Ohhhhh boy, this sucks. I know you liked the previous game.

My interest just went down a notch. Might have to wait until it's a fair bit cheaper.

I pretty much loved the first one.

BUT perhaps if you don't get bogged down by collectibles and side quests it could be a better experience. Maybe that was my mistake.

But the combat was markedly worse. It was absolutely trivial even on the hardest difficulty, and the shooting controls were worse.

Top Bottom