• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Shadow of the Tomb Raider leaked [Up: Kotaku says real, by Eidos Montreal]

DOWN

Banned
Glad there will be at least one more with new Lara. I think the Xbox One cross gen fiasco was such a gross mess.

Makes sense that it's coming. Square-Enix's output for 2017 currently has a lot of remasters (great!) and an FF14 expansion (great!) and major FFXV and Deus Ex long-tail story DLC, which are all pretty par for the course, but it's missing a big Square-Enix Japan release and a big Eidos release; the obvious assumption for a while has been that we'd get Kingdom Hearts 3 and either Tomb Raider or Thief for Q3/Q4.

Cels

photo was taken in montreal, but CD is in SF bay area, so...spinoff?

or has squenix montreal been helping CD with the previous TR games too?

I'm calling it Shadow of a Doubt for now. I do wonder if it is too early to tease the next one. If it isn't, then maybe a quick lil' tease at the VGA's?

Morts

I still need to pick up Rise now that it's on PS4. I've only heard great things so I hope they do another.

Oneself

111% # team real.

Lol saw something similar last week but I thought it was a mobile game or something about Rise of the TR. It's definitely true then. Montréal subway?

JP

Maybe it'll be a Shadow of The Colossus type game with Lara taking on a series of Big Onis? At least, I'm hoping it'll be a Shadow of The Colossus type game with Lara taking on a series of Big Onis!

Why is it when it comes to what seems to be the majority of leaks(whether you're talking video games, aliens, other conspiracy theories, and unknown creatures)the camera quality always seems to be complete dogshit?

Ray Down

Banned
That title though. Is the final boss Lara's evil alter ego?

Her evil twin :p

hopefully no more exclusive deals. That bit them hard last time.

I imagine after Rise there could still be the marketing deal with Microsoft, but none of the play first here and wait a year later stuff. Did nothing but bring bad PR and press to the game. But then again Kagari said things got sour between them so who knows.

The name is kind of dumb. Rise of the Tomb Raider kind of makes sense since it's when she's more willing to be a Tomb Raider, but this would just mean Lara Croft's shadow.
I wonder if the picture is enough to identify who was making the presentation and if the Reddit guy got the guy fired

I remember there being a rumor about a Tomb Raider game that focused more on the supernatural, large monsters and was kind of open world. It would be interesting to see that come to fruition.

mejin

170645523_eacbb1ad37.jpg

dealer-

Bomb Raider Return to Multiplat.

Not a fan of the title, just glad it looks like the series will be continuing.

Nothing says a rumour like a stupid blurry picture.

What type of camera phones have these guys got?

Every rumoured leak is shit quality picture

Mindman

I kind of like the title to be honest. And it makes me realize they have set themselves up with a nice sounding, easy to use subtitle format with the "**** of the Tomb Raider" stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and... day 1.

I still need to play the last two. Are they still good if I strongly dislike Uncharted? Are they different enough?

Doubt it. They are basically Uncharted with optional tomb puzzles (which are barely puzzles) and slightly bigger areas to explore. Fun games though they will never test your intelligence or leet gamer skillz.

Top Bottom