• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Shadow of the Tomb Raider leaked [Up: Kotaku says real, by Eidos Montreal]

Sesha

I wonder what the next games will be called. Maybe next we'll get Epiphany of the Tomb Raider, followed by Journal of the Tomb Raider.

Harlequin

Cool. Hopefully they don't do the hubs this time. Killed the pacing of Rise.

The story would still have been terrible even with better pacing.

Rhianna Pratchett will probably be back. Unfortunate, but I'd be really surprised if anyone else would be brought in.

To be fair, she is only one of several writers working on the game and I don't think she actually has full control over the plot so the last two games' stories being bad may not have been her fault.

Duxxy3

Day one. I loved Tomb Raider and Rise of.

edit: To add an unpopular opinion - I enjoyed Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider more than any Uncharted game, aside from Uncharted 2.

Hesemonni

Banned
I met this cool dude the other day and I managed to snap the following pic of a presentation he was working on. Totally legit.

NMtN0rf.png

tuxfool

Banned
Rhianna Pratchett will probably be back. Unfortunate, but I'd be really surprised if anyone else would be brought in.

Honestly, the issues were less with the outline of the story, which was serviceable. That was the part she probably in charge of (though the overall characterisation of Lara is an absolutely awful).

The real problem is the rest of the writing team, the ones that were in charge of the dumbfuck dialogue and the VO directors.

Cool. Hopefully they don't do the hubs this time. Killed the pacing of Rise.
Yeah, I think the reason I liked TR more than Rise is cause I found TR replayable due to the single thread.

I've been played it once each year, but with Rise's hub world, I'm finding I'm not motivated to replay, even if I think it's quite a good game as well.

Here's to them not doing an open world with this one...

Wanderer5

So after two poor tomb raider games, they decided that what we needed is a third poor tomb raider game? Well, third time is the charm?

Rise wasn't so amazing, but it was a nice improvement over TR2013, so bring on the 3rd game that will be even better hopefully.

And meh at the title if it becomes real, but guess it is not bad.

Not sure if its just maybe someone writing a book, comic or a game but I can see "How is FEAR applied in ____? ". Who knows if its actually something else.

FoneBone

I thought Rise of the Tomb Raider was a pretty huge disappointment, sales-wise? I hadn't expected they'd go full steam ahead with another sequel.

I thought Rise of the Tomb Raider was a pretty huge disappointment, sales-wise? I hadn't expected they'd go full steam ahead with another sequel.
considering it still sold millions, you dont just can the whole series, you refactor the budget and start on the sequel that way...granted this is SE so who fucking knows

Servbot24

Banned
Is there a good reason to believe this person didn't just make a fake logo and then have their friend hold the laptop for the picture?

valouris

It could be in the early stages and they are still pitching ideas to the rest of the team. I think it is real, but definitely not final.

Parsnip

With an awful title like that, it has to be real.

I'm not the biggest fan of the reboots, but I'll play the next one.

x-Lundz-x

I hope his is real, I need to know more of the best Lara is coming.

Two more weeks until my pro is here So I can replay ROTTR

Doubt it. They are basically Uncharted with optional tomb puzzles (which are barely puzzles) and slightly bigger areas to explore. Fun games though they will never test your intelligence or leet gamer skillz.

Don't agree. Could never get into Uncharted, mainly due to the cliché characters, but loved the Tomb Raider.

Top Bottom