• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: SNK working on Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 (cell shaded?)

BadWolf

Im liking that roster, tho given that the roster doesn't list Ryo, im assuming "mr. Karate" is the ryo version rather than Takuma.

No Ryo? What about Yuri?

Mr. Karate 2 is Ryo:

ryo-ngbc.jpg

PSqueak

Banned
Snk's Smash with cell shading ?

Hmmm

This roster sound worst than the first one if final.. just one metal slug dude? Where is Tetris girl ?

Roster confirms tetris girl (Ai, it says both OCs from Colosseum are back) and lists 3 metal slug characters: Marco, Fio and Mars People (in the boss list).

Also: Ignore the part that says "Fu'un", that's part of the name of the following game in the list, there is no such Metal Slug character.

Sad to see Mudman and Cyber Woo are not back tho.

Yep. If this was true, this would be basically a "main characters' ball" (barring why the hell John Crawley, of all AOF characters, is present).

It'd make sense, but it would be pretty boring. Even KOF was a bit more imaginative with its designated "safe picks".

Exactly. I kept using the word "generic" when I actually meant "safe," as you correctly pointed out.

It's not a huge deal, I'm just a bit bummed because SNK has so many crazy, wild, imaginative characters across their various game franchises. I understand the need to play it safe, I guess (I mean, you need recognizable faces to sell your game), and that still doesn't reduce my (very minor) disappointment.

And yea, LMAO @ John Crawley. I remember playing Art of Fighting 1 as a kid, and thinking "damn, this is the cheapest, most obvious Guile ripoff ever."

shaowebb

I wish. I got into this several years back for a good bit. Great game. Sad no Lee Pai Long returning since i mained him and Kaede.No robo monkey helps balance lol.

Had some odd Original cast that was fun. Hope they both return. Hapy if Goodman is true.

hope this is true, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum was my personal favorite.

Seems easy to be real considering how easy SNK's stuff leak though.

Jawmuncher

Would be amazing. Playing some of their older ports and this was by far my favorite of the lot

Hopefully they bring back Shermie my suplex queen

I just noticed they are talking about Metal Slug characters being in this. Sure. I want Fio in another fighting game.

She was a striker in KoF 2000 and playable in Maximum Impact 2 Reg. A.

So all for that.

Wait, the source is a series of images on imgur with text? I'm not buying this one yet.

It's the most Japanese of rumors so I can't say I am surprised.

The leak is an image on imgur? Is that the original source?

Like, maybe it's true maybe it's not but I need way more than this before I start believing

PSqueak

Banned
I just noticed they are talking about Metal Slug characters being in this. Sure. I want Fio in another fighting game.

She was a striker in KoF 2000 and playable in Maximum Impact 2 Reg. A.

So all for that.

With how linked the KoF and MS franchises have become, wouldn't surprise me if they eventually make it back to KoF fully playable.

Saikyo

No K, Kula, Asura or Shiki...also lol John Crawley, I think its fake.

There is too much bosses for snk to model in 3d even if they are kof xiv quality...

BadWolf

With how linked the KoF and MS franchises have become, wouldn't surprise me if they eventually make it back to KoF fully playable.

Doubt it, Ikari has the military side of things more than covered in KOF.

Not to mention I can't see Marco's NGBC fighting style as something that would fly in KOF.

mollipen

Given that I want SNK to get solid footing again in releasing this kind of stuff, I'm fine with "safe" rosters for now. Worry about more exciting char choices later, or through DLC.

And if SNK can pull off a decent cel-shading look, hell yes. Sure old-school NeoGeo wasn't that style, but it sounds more interesting than what we got in XIV.

Sesha

Given that I want SNK to get solid footing again in releasing this kind of stuff, I'm fine with "safe" rosters for now. Worry about more exciting char choices later, or through DLC.

And if SNK can pull off a decent cel-shading look, hell yes. Sure old-school NeoGeo wasn't that style, but it sounds more interesting than what we got in XIV.

KOF14 had exciting roster choices though. This just looks like NGBC 1 with a few changes.

The first game is playable on Xbox One. I've always enjoyed it for some reason so I'm looking forward to this if true. It's kind of a surprise for sure.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Psycho Soldier Sie and Athena, real ikari Ralf and Clark, Ai and Yuuki back, Fio getting to be in another fighter after "I SEE FIELDS OF FLOWERS!" MaxImpact 2's take, and pretty much a huge montage of characters from half of the collections released across multiple platforms lately? Sure, I'd be up for this.

If I'm counting right, didn't that proposed roster suggest 44 frickin' characters? How... how would that be disappointing? AND on top of that, it list characters having transformations, to potentially play like yet even more roster slots?

All that on top of "cel-shaded" graphics, a style that has restricted ASW to giving us rosters about half the size of everyone elses for the past few years?

I couldn't be disappointed with any of this mixed together. Not at this stage. Much like XIV, it seems really ambitious, and like they'd be doing more work building an army of stuff from near-scratch, yet again.

I don't like that everything has to be cell shaded now... 90's sprite work equivalent is not celluloid type animation

Any type of Toon Shade by a Japanese developer is considered "Cel-shade" by the masses. I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to something like Ogura's art, but with thick exterior outlines that scream "Look, it's like GG and DBFZ!"

"Cel-Shade" that mimics Ogura's art would be so cool.

Futaleufu

Great news.

I hope their cel shaded animation is less restricted in animation than the style used by ArcSys

BiggNife

Great news.

I hope their cel shaded animation is less restricted in animation than the style used by ArcSys

If KOF XIV is any indication, modern SNK is more interested being able to generate a lot of content/characters than the kind of painstaking work ArcSys does with cel-shading where they adjust every single frame of animation manually to make sure it's just right. So I wouldn't worry about that.

It'll probably look notably less impressive than ArcSys stuff visually but have nice animation.

I don't think they would allow more military folks. As much as I like Fio I don't know.
Doubt it, Ikari has the military side of things more than covered in KOF.

Not to mention I can't see Marco's NGBC fighting style as something that would fly in KOF.
Yeah that too.

KoF 13, as good as that game looks and is, had the most anemic and safe roster ever for a SNK game imo and made sure they checked all the boxes so that it wouldn't fail like KoF 12 did. KoF 14 has had one of the most unique rosters in a fighting game in a long time, especially for a crossover series like KoF.

sibarraz

Banned
If the roster is real, then each character will have a partner, unlike ngbc were only the main chars of kof, ss, ff, lb, wh and aof had an unique double move

XIV's leak was a random post on some Chinese (or was it Japanese?) forum.

And kof 13 console version was leaked in a random french forum that talked about cinema

For some reason SNK leaks come from the most ramndom places

The title of this thread says rumor. The first post says to take with a grain of salt and that it's easy to call bullshit on this.

What more do you want?

hey man, don't take it personal, it's just that your threads always break my heart because nothing really comes out of those rumors.

Sesha

hey man, don't take it personal, it's just that your threads always break my heart because nothing really comes out of those rumors.

Those threads are a couple months old. More than blame BadWolf I think you need to temper your expectations a bit.

Those threads are a couple months old. More than blame BadWolf I think you need to temper your expectations a bit.

I don't expect anything, great if something materializes, my post was a friendly jab at one of our most dedicated SNK fans here on GAF, it's funny if you see this as a personal attack of some sort.

Shanaynay

Interested if true!

Also lol, World heroes (wh) characters heh? I didn't play the game itself in so many years. I just remember Hanzo and Fuuma are the equivalent of Ken/Ryu.

Hopefully the rumour comes to fruition.

BadWolf

I don't expect anything, great if something materializes, my post was a friendly jab at one of our most dedicated SNK fans here on GAF, it's funny if you see this as a personal attack of some sort.

It's cool man.

The issue is that posts like that usually tend to end discussions. There's plenty of info in the OP to talk about.

BadWolf I sent you a friend request and you never accepted it.

Just checked and it shows as accepted.

Maybe I accepted it late? I don't actually go to control panel often, sorry if I saw it late.

Top Bottom