• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: SNK working on Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 (cell shaded?)

mao2

bosses 2: 天オハッカー (??? sky/heaven hacker?)
Just noticed this, it should be 天才ハッカー (genius hacker). 才 (Kanji "sai") is not the same as オ (Katakana "o").

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just noticed this, it should be 天才ハッカー (genius hacker). 才 (Kanji "sai") is not the same as オ (Katakana "o").
oh god I am having tensai thread flashbacks

mao2

new: 深刻なオタク (serious otaku)
Also this sounds wierd. My Japanese isn't great but shouldn't it be 真面目なオタク instead?

TreIII

Ngbc didn't had like 4 specific designs for each character that would only appear when they were hit by a very specific move =P

True!

But there's no denying that out of all the various things between the two games, NGBC is the clear winner in almost every facet but the fanservice.

Momentary

Banned
kbnYE8H.jpg

Buriki Team. Maybe have Rob Python in there.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ai and Yuuki repped multiple series through their movesets. If this is real, I could see the new characters doing the same, for an expanded set of series. Yuuki already repped King of The Monsters, lets get the new girl repping Magician Lord and Blue's Journey! (o_O)

After Mizonguchi got into MaxImpact Reg. A, I'd really love to see more Fighters History characters get into SNK games, even if they're just used as thinly-veiled SF stand-ins. KindaSF VS SNK!

And I still need Ryoko of Fighters History to meet Ryoko of World heroes, perform a fusion dance... and end up looking exactly the same as either one, afterwards. History's version always reminded me a little of Fatal Fury 2 Jubei...

El Sabroso

would love to see them adding Leonhalt Domador to the couple of Aggressors of Dark Kombat characters on that list, games of today need more Palma del Tigrrrre!

As many of you, I'm not feeling the roster. We need more crazy picks: Super Sidekicks characters, more King of the Monsters guys, throw the big ass T.Rex from Prehistoric Isle as a boss character, get Evoga on the horn for some Rage of the Dragons additions.

Is probably just bullshit but is nice to dream

Sesha

I'd be happy with just Hibiki and Setsuna (and Mian, and Tizoc, Angel, Vanessa, Oswald and the Capoeira/kickboxing girl from Garou 2).

Going back to what I said, I'm a little bummed at LB only getting 2 reps here. I don't expect another LB entry but I really love the characters and would hope that we could at least get modern versions of several ogs in a game like this.

YES, MORE LAST BLADE, PLEASE!

Perineum

Would definitely be interested. The issue though is SNK netcode is trash tier. KoF14 is literally unplayable for me no matter what I tried on my end. I never got a match, and if I played private with a friend it always dropped out.

13? Trash, laggy, long matchmaking. 12? Lol. Crappiest net code of all time.

So it's hard for me to pony up and keep supporting SNK when they can't get netcode right. They talk it up like it's good, and then people from their community of players go shoot their mouth off like it's good, and then it ends up being ass cheeks tier at best.

Every other fighter I have 0 netcode issues. T7 works great, Mahvel right now is incredible, SF5 I had no qualms with aside from some bonk lag matches at launch, etc. It's definitely a SNK issue.

That all said PLEASE BRING BACK GATO!!!!

sibarraz

Banned
I like the roster, is very representative of SNK, maybe I would include more womens or a team from Buriki One (To represent the HNG64) And Ash with Elizabeth to represent the Playmore. Maybe even use the maximum impact characters

qcf x2

I have tremendous dislike for that roster, which is saying something because most of SNK's characters are awesome. But they can do better than that. For starters, we need some Mary in there.

Also, too many generic types in the rumor. The Last Blade representatives are Kaede and Moriya? Really? How inspired! Doesn't really seem SNK-like at all, tbh.

Team free Galford/Mary/Hibiki/Janne D'arc/Charlotte Ohohohoho/B. Jenet/Lucky/May Lee/Shingo/Duck King/Shermie/etc...

And what about Rage of the Dragons?

And what about Rage of the Dragons?

Those aren't owned by SNK but by EVOGA. Although there's definitely interest from both parties to do something more with the IP. In an interview EVOGA gave to a mexican site, they said that SNK had contacted them around 2015 to pitch a mobile port for ROTD but shortly after SNk was bought by the chinese and the negotiations fell through.

Big0Bear

Wow I missed neogaf for two days and missed this rumor, man I hope its true I hope it looks awesome too so no haters can complain about graphics

More fuel to the rumor, this time it comes from 4chan

Looks like SNK is leaking again, huh? Guess I don't have to feel guilty about sharing this.

Most characters from the first game are returning, these are the ones that aren't.
>Mudman
>Cyber Woo
>Asura
>Shiki
>Shermie
>Goddess Athena
>Chonrei
>Chonshu
>Mars People
>Tung
>Lee
>Hotaru

Now for new characters, that imgur post from earlier caught most of them, but it missed a few. This is the full list, as far as I know.
>Fio
>Andy
>Ash
>Krauser
>Joe Kusanagi (AoDK)
>Rimururu
>Ralf and Clark (Ikari Warriors style)
>Ukyo
>Hibiki (Last Blade)
>Sho, Rosa and Sue-il (Kizuna Encounter)
>Kagami (Last Blade)
>John Crawley (AoF)
>Kula
>Captain Kidd (World Heroes)
>G-Mantle
>Elta (Magician Lord)
>Kain and Grant
>New boss

Game is still 2 vs 2, this time with assists. Your assist's special is chosen on the select screen like in MVC. You can get "happy birthdayed" too so don't spam your assist. Every character has a "V-Trigger" like in SFV that powers them up temporarily. Kyo gets EX specials, Iori goes orochi, Geese gets his boss moves, Haohmaru enters concentaration one state and Genjuro enters rage mode.

Game uses an anime aesthetic instead of the realistic style from XIV. A good comparison would be that J Stars game on PS3 and PS Vita. Story mode is similar to SFV and MVC Infinite in terms of style and presentation.

Expect an announcement at Playstation Experience and a release some time around Summer 2018. There will be a DLC season pass with four characters and six costumes because SNK saw how successful this strategy was for other FG devs. I do not know
who these characters are or who the costumse are for.

For character stuff, Kyo is based on the Ash saga in both design and gameplay. He has both the fireball and rekka, including the new rekka chains from XIV. Instead of RED Kick he has the rising kick.

Iori uses the XII design but has his usual fire gameplay.

Ryo's design takes some elements from the 3D Fatal Fury Wild Ambition by giving him some stubble and removing his gi top.

Robert is the same as the last game but with an XIV styled goatee.

K' and Kula have new designs that make them look older, K' in particular wears a black trenchcoat and his intro has him throwing away a cigarette.

Mizuchi looks very different with scars and veins that seem to imply that the orochi power is overwhelming his body. His "V-Trigger" turns him into his boss form, with an animation that looks like he's in a lot of pain.

Goodman's playable version is closer to a puppet character like SFV's Menat, with the ability to position his ghost on screen and pressure with it.

The new boss is the leader of a terrorist hacking group trying to overthrow the world governments by obtaining the powers and techniques of all the Neo Geo characters. In the final boss fight he wears a suit that looks like a robotic gargoyle and uses various signature specials from the cast. He can also use techniques that kidnap your other character to prevent you from tagging, and when he kills one of your characters he brainwashes them to be his own personal assist. His ultimate is a transforming special like Yuki's, where he becomes the giant scythe wielding demon from Metal Slug 5.

In the story mode, Dr. Brown from World Heroes gathers the Neo Geo characters to assist Yuki and Ai's organization in the battle against the hacker's group, who have recruited a fallen Goodman and his corporation to their cause.

That's all you're getting for now. Be patient and wait for more details like good little boys and girls.

Tizoc

Looks like SNK is leaking again, huh? Guess I don't have to feel guilty about sharing this.

Most characters from the first game are returning, these are the ones that aren't.
>Mudman
>Cyber Woo
>Asura
>Shiki
>Shermie
>Goddess Athena
>Chonrei
>Chonshu

>Mars People
>Tung
>Lee
>Hotaru
mad.gif

Now for new characters, that imgur post from earlier caught most of them, but it missed a few. This is the full list, as far as I know.
>Fio
>Andy
>Ash
>Krauser
>Joe Kusanagi (AoDK)
>Rimururu
>Ralf and Clark (Ikari Warriors style)
>Ukyo
>Hibiki (Last Blade)
>Sho, Rosa and Sue-il (Kizuna Encounter)
>Kagami (Last Blade)
>John Crawley (AoF)
>Kula
>Captain Kidd (World Heroes)
>G-Mantle
>Elta (Magician Lord)
>Kain and Grant
>New boss

daffy_fapping.gif

I need Captain Kidd to go full shirtless.
Grant better be the main chara.
Ryo's design takes some elements from the 3D Fatal Fury Wild Ambition by giving him some stubble and removing his gi top.
daffy_fapping.gif

2 out of 3, well now I am more excited for this.
GIO CORSI '17 HYPE!

BadWolf

More fuel to the rumor, this time it comes from 4chan

Wild Ambition Ryo? K' in a trench coat? Older Kula? V-Trigger? Kagami? What?

The MVC inspirations (happy birthdays, assists) make it sound like Neo_G might be directing.

Iirc they did mention they considered a V-Trigger like system for KOF14 initially but it was canned.

Added to OP, thanks!

TreIII

Kagami?

Kain AND Grant?

NOW, that list is looking much more enthralling. And if this was Neo_G's first real project, I guess it would make a lot of sense.

The rabbit hole keeps getting deeper, the original leaker has this to say at the most recent leaks

Discard this, only info is these in this topic. Someone is taking advantage and giving wrong info. Please, game is in very early development.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wanna believe the leak with Rosa added to it! (O.O!)

intro.png

I also always though Captain Kidd was crazy impressive back in the day, for tossing multiple overly-animated projectiles. He and Jeanne always stood out to me in World Heroes, alongside all that screaming from Mudman. So I'd love to see him return in a game like this.

captainkid-boat.gif

At any rate though, we'll just wait and see. I will fully admit that this recent leak sounds like some fan service post I myself would write, lol. Aged up characters, Kagami because why not, Magican Lord jumping into the fray (which I just mentioned yesterday)... would be nuts to see this kinda thing be true.

I'm with Tizoc. The losses suck (but hey there's DLC), but man those additions are MUCH better. The older Ryo and Robert were awesome in the first one, REALLY want to see older K' and Kula.

Also ROOOOOSAAAAAA and YAY sounds like Akari is still in!
Not a creeper, just love Akari because she's adorable and super fun to play as!
And if this is Neo G's first SNK game, oh man, he's going to kill it. Who better than to handle SNK's take on Marvel than the guy behind Marvel himself?

I wonder if they'll try to get English voices for Story Mode this time (Yeah, I still kinda pine for that)

EDIT: Man, I want to believe, but yeah, better not get my hopes up too much.

sibarraz

Banned
I believe more the last rumor, since I found weird that modern SNK would only release 2 KOF characters. But the new desigbs of some characters make my doubt at the same time

The funy thing is that both rumors dont contradict themselves that much

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fuck yeah, Post Apocalyptic Kim!

Also that new leak, did it clarify if Washizuka is returning or not?

Top Bottom