• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: SNK working on Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 (cell shaded?)

Hope this is true. Curious to see the art style, I hope it has a more mature look even though it's 'cel shaded', as someone said if they can emulate Hiroaki's art that would be incredible.

Hopefully the original NGBC will be released on PSN soon?

I thought that was just there were two different Kyos

There were, but XI Kyo has both rekkas (with variations not found in other KOF games, most likely to help him benefit from tag) and a fireball (as qcb+P instead of qcf).
EX Kyo is basically his NGBC version (air R.E.D. Kick is hilarious btw).

BossRush

There were, but XI Kyo has both rekkas (with variations not found in other KOF games, most likely to help him benefit from tag) and a fireball (as qcb+P instead of qcf).
EX Kyo is basically his NGBC version (air R.E.D. Kick is hilarious btw).

Wow I never knew that. Nvm then

BadWolf

Tbh I don't like the part of the second rumor which talks about incorporating assists and happy birthdays from MVC.

I get that it might be Neo_G's doing if true but I'd rather they aim for their own brand of tag play, especially with DBFZ already taking heavy inspiration from MVC.

Iirc Kizuna Encounter was the first tag fighter ever so I'd prefer it if they innovate again with NGBC2.

It happened for Robert in NGBC

To be fair, they used the same Robert in KoF XI on PS2, so it's likely he was going to be in both and was cut from the arcade KoF XI but used the same new sprites anyway.

The real NGBC crime is not having more playable World Heroes representation than Hanzo and Fuuma and Mudman. They're not the same but Hanzo and Fuuma suffer heavily from the original case of Ryu/Ken knock-offs and it would have been nice to see a 3rd character that was somewhat different like Ryoko (I'm biased towards her) or Rasputin or Janne or Johnny Maximum (because who wouldn't want to use a goddamned evil football player?) or something.

Fio > Mars People

Nah, seems obvious he was made for NGBC since it also features an older Ryo.

NGBC was super dream matchy, though, since that Ryo is actually from Buriki One.

Then again, PS2 KoFXI is pretty much a dream match KOF in itself, prior to all of the UM releases being made.

butman

Game uses an anime aesthetic instead of the realistic style from XIV. A good comparison would be that J Stars game on PS3 and PS Vita.

giphy.gif

TreIII

Tbh I don't like the part of the second rumor which talks about incorporating assists and happy birthdays from MVC.

I get that it might be Neo_G's doing if true but I'd rather they aim for their own brand of tag play, especially with DBFZ already taking heavy inspiration from MVC.

Iirc Kizuna Encounter was the first tag fighter ever so I'd prefer it if they innovate again with NGBC2.

To me, there's nothing saying that they can't still offer more than a couple of their own twists on such a formula, even if Neo_G was building off of something he's familiar with.

I'm pretty sure that between the likes of DBFZ, BBCTB, and, of course, MvCI, he and SNK know that they'll need to do plenty in order to help their game stand out. Y'know, besides having access to SNK characters, which gives them an edge in some markets.

BadWolf

NGBC was super dream matchy, though, since that Ryo is actually from Buriki One.

Then again, PS2 KoFXI is pretty much a dream match KOF in itself, prior to all of the UM releases being made.

It's not just Robert, look at the list of PS2 exclusive characters. Most/all of them are from NGBC.

And they had already refreshed Robert's sprite in KOF2003 so it's not like he needed a new sprite in the mainline series.

To me, there's nothing saying that they can't still offer more than a couple of their own twists on such a formula, even if Neo_G was building off of something he's familiar with.

I'm pretty sure that between the likes of DBFZ, BBCTB, and, of course, MvCI, he and SNK know that they'll need to do plenty in order to help their game stand out. Y'know, besides having access to SNK characters, which gives them an edge in some markets.

True, and it's not like MVCI and DBZF aren't borrowing from KOF/SNK as well.

Overall I just hope that they add more of their own than they borrow. I'd like a taste of the old days when they innovated left and right.

This is like the worst most bad idea ever. I liked NGBC, but come on. Lets make a good samsho in the engine at least first.

Veedot

Losing Asura, Shiki, and Shermie blows hard. Getting Ash, FUCKING ROSA, and Fio is cool though. Magician lord could be cool and i like captain kidd ok.

What are Happy Birthdays?

Dilf Ryo is Back!

It's going to be sad when he's revealed and people will think he's either a SFV Ken rip-off or a Hot Ryu rip-off when he did it first (Well maybe not Hot Ryu exactly)

TreIII

What are Happy Birthdays?

This refers to moments when you can punish a badly timed assist in a Marvel-like tag game, which often results in both the receiving player's point character and their assist being caught in the same combo.

The "Happy Birthday" refers to it being a "gift" because the receiving player is giving their opposition free damage (or even one of their characters).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Technically Aggressors and World Heroes had an additional rep in NGBC via Shishioh and Neo Dio.

If they don't feel confident about rendering such a being in 3D, yet, and wanted to wait until they do, I wouldn't blame them. This is a studio that's still getting their bearings when it comes to 3D.
Prolly tentacles being hard to animate in 3D.

Good point, prolly explains why no Mudman and Woo too, but why no Washizuka? He was my favorite because he's SNK-Saito

To be fair, they used the same Robert in KoF XI on PS2, so it's likely he was going to be in both and was cut from the arcade KoF XI but used the same new sprites anyway.

The real NGBC crime is not having more playable World Heroes representation than Hanzo and Fuuma and Mudman. They're not the same but Hanzo and Fuuma suffer heavily from the original case of Ryu/Ken knock-offs and it would have been nice to see a 3rd character that was somewhat different like Ryoko (I'm biased towards her) or Rasputin or Janne or Johnny Maximum (because who wouldn't want to use a goddamned evil football player?) or something.

I'd want Brocken a.k.a. Not-Stroheim or Zeus a.k.a. Not-Raoh.

And there's more

Hello again /neog/, I trust that you've all been good little boys and girls like I asked, yes? Then have some new info.

I see that the leaker from SRK is calling my info false. Based on what he posted, I believe that his source is legitimate, but I don't know why he's trying to discredit me. I guess that his info is outdated or he wasn't given all of it. I didn't want to have to do this, but I will test this leaker...if he is as informed as he claims to be, he should know the meaning of the phrase "Neo Shock Engine" and what it refers to.

First of all, I see a lot of anons asking about Mars People. I haven't seen this character in any playable capacity. Same for Athena, Kensou and General Morden. These characters could be the four DLC that I wasn't told about, or they could be scrapped in the planning stages. I'd also like to note that I haven't seen these "alluring woman" or "serious otaku" characters either. I'm not denying that they might exist, but they aren't in the build I've seen.

To elaborate on K' and Kula's new designs, K' is dressed similar to Liquid Snake, with a long black coat and shirtless beneath it. He still has the leather chaps, the glasses, the pendant, the gloves, everything else is the same. Kula wears a pink leather hoodie with black sleeves and a pendant similar to K's in the shape of her heart sigil. She pulls the hood down in her win pose to reveal that her hair is cut short.

Yuki can transform into characters from Shock Troopers and Sengoku now.

The music is tied to characters instead of stages like the first game. When a character dies it changes themes to the other character's theme just like in MVC. You'll probably be happy with the OST, it has a lot of variety in styles, some songs are heavy metal and some are techno dub-step style but there's also orchestra and traditional style music for the SamSho and Last Blade characters. If you're a longtime SNK fan, you can probably anticipate what characters get what themes.

Stages are based on iconic backgrounds from classic Neo Geo games, like the Esaka station stage from KoF95 and Ukyo's seaside stage from SamSho 2. The arena-styled boss stages from the first game return for the sub bosses, just in case you were wondering. The final boss's stage is similar to Apocalypse stage from the MVC series with all of the cut characters trapped in stasis pods in the BG and each of them reacting differently, ie Mudman is snoozing, Cyber Woo is banging his fists trying to escape, Hotaru is scared and crying, et cetera. I should note that Mars People is there, but obviously this doesn't rule him out from being playable.

And just so we're clear, I have no relation to JohnXuandou or any of the anons who leaked XIV shit. I'm just a guy who knows other guys.

I don't know a lot about the story beyond what I've already shared. If you've played SFV, you should know what to expect. Cutscenes that lead into fights that you have to win to see more cutscenes. I haven't seen much of it, so it's probably still in development.

As for the season pass, I was told that they saw how well those sell for companies like Capcom, NetherRealm Studios and Namco-Banbai, so they saw it as a profitable venture.

Yes, 2d with teams of two characters, tagging and assists. It's almost identical to the first game, but with assists.

lupinko

Announcement at PSX? Nice. It'll have good fighting game presence with this and SF5. Maybe the Arika game will get some pub too.

Mihara posted on twitter of him going to Sony just today I think.

Edit: Not that you'll get anything out of this person, but there is a Gaf member that works for SNK in Osaka. I wonder what this rumor means for said person.

Big0Bear

More fuel to the rumor, this time it comes from 4chan

god let this be real god let this be real god let this be real god let this be real

but real talk if companies lack capcom are showing other companies that cutting content and selling stuff as DLC is ok we should be worried. I dont mind if its way down the line like the stuff for 14 was but planning it day one is BS but yea

god let this be real lol

BadWolf

And there's more

Thanks, added to OP.

The Neo Shock Engine bit was at least a cool idea on his part (I'd steal it if I were SNK lol).

On the plus side we won't have to wait long to see if the second leaker is full of it, just a couple of months left till PSX.

The first leaker on the other hand insists that the game is really early in development (though I guess early is subjective, XIV was revealed about half way through development).

Mihara posted on twitter of him going to Sony just today I think.

Edit: Not that you'll get anything out of this person, but there is a Gaf member that works for SNK in Osaka. I wonder what this rumor means for said person.

There was also word recently that Oda got approved to appear at one of Sony's conferences.

But yeah, highly doubt the Gaffer is allowed to comment on this. And I'm pretty sure Oda is aware of him being a Gaffer.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
also adds that the game will feature cell shaded graphics similar to guilty Gear Xrd, or the upcoming Dragon Ball Fighter Z

Game uses an anime aesthetic instead of the realistic style from XIV. A good comparison would be that J Stars game on PS3 and PS Vita. Story mode is similar to SFV and MVC Infinite in terms of style and presentation.

Who should i trust?
There's a huge difference between this
714uk0ehsel_ac_sl1280__jpg_800x0_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

and this
j-stars-victory-vs_2013_08-15-13_017_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

one is cel shaded the other is not, cel shading would be better with kofxiv level quality models.

Top Bottom