• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Some Destiny 2 info leaks from Mega Bloks toy set

You're basing your assumptions off toys and nothing more. Characters and plots are not changing, Zavala will be in D2, Shaxx can run Raze Lighter because he gave you the quest. How the game plays, is designed, and the tools needed to run and support the game will be changing.
Isn't what this whole thread is.. assumptions off a toy?

Yes because it specifically mentions expansions and old gear... like how they reuse all the same stuff in each one. Sorry if it fits the mold of the old expansions.

Lasty95

Right I've changed my mind - E3 is the perfect time for a reveal.

Iron was too recent. Hype needs time to build.

GlamFM

Banned
Bungie.

This was back in Feburary, before they rebooted the game again and put Luke Smith in charge (news of this broke in May). 2017 isn't a guarantee as of right now.

I think you have the order of events wrong. The reboot part happened earlier and prevented D2 from coming out in 2016.

EDIT: Maybe not. Can´t find a source that confirms when Luke took over.

Lol. Cmon. Those examples were a year ago.... obviously if the moved to do another expansion it would have been after. Just like they did with rise of iron.

GlamFM

Banned
Lol. Cmon. Those examples were a year ago.... obviously if the moved to do another expansion it would have been after. Just like they did with rise of iron.

And we have not heard anything else since.

What we do have are reports indicating that D2 will feature a cabal raid - something nicely in line with the toy leak.

The safe assumption is that this is in fact D2.

What we do have are reports indicating that D2 will feature a cabal raid - something nicely in line with the toy leak.

He needs to read on everything Press Sneak has wrote, he has rarely been wrong.

ultrazilla

I can't be the only one who's thinking Destiny 2 will not ship until sometime in 2018 right?

The Megabloks toys could simply be more leaked stuff for DLC Bungie has planned for this fall once they announce Destiny 2 for summer 2018 at E3 this June.

I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't get your Guardian's hopes up for Destiny 2 this year.

Cabal raid rumors have been going around prior to taken king as expansion.

GlamFM

Banned
I honestly hope your right. I guess we will see.

As do I. You also could be right of course. But so far everything lines up nicely with Jason´s reporting.

Here is the quote from Kotaku:

The team ultimately decided to focus it around a single major map—the Hive ship that had been cut from vanilla Destiny—as well as a new public space on Mars, complete with strikes and a new raid. (That entire last Mars chunk was later cut and passed to Activision subsidiary High Moon Studios to develop for Destiny's full-sized 2016 sequel

FyreWulff

Damn thought we'd be finally getting away from fighting the same factions on repeat, havent we fought the Cabal for long enough now? Destiny 2 better really step the Cabal up a notch.

The Cabal are the only race left that haven't had a Raid or any other major story even specifically associated with them.

Vanilla - Vault of Glass, Vex
Dark Below - Crota's End, Hive
House of Wolves - (technically) Skolas, Fallen
Taken King - Hive again
Rise of Iron - Fallen again

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see that at all in Destiny 2. After all the Halo series had you fighting along major NPC's all the time.

Which also constrained the fuck out of mission design, took up AI slots, and had to be made ineffective as to not play the game for you

deadlast

I think the Traveler should grab all of the guardians transport everyone to another dimension or something.
Also need PVP zones in game. And be able to play as the fallen.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Not really... not like d2 has been announced with a release date.

I can't be the only one who's thinking Destiny 2 will not ship until sometime in 2018 right?

The Megabloks toys could simply be more leaked stuff for DLC Bungie has planned for this fall once they announce Destiny 2 for summer 2018 at E3 this June.

It was publicly given a 2017 release date, whereas the original 2016 date was only internal.

If they were going to delay it again and put out another expansion this fall, it would very likely be even smaller than Rise of Iron and a lot more "last minute."

I don't believe there's any chance that Activision allows Destiny 2 to be pushed out of two separate holiday seasons.

I just got the game a couple weeks ago and I'm at LL 385. I hope that I can play this one long enough before the next comes out. lol

Lasty95

I think the Traveler should grab all of the guardians transport everyone to another dimension or something.
Also need PVP zones in game. And be able to play as the fallen.

Yeah, none of that is going to happen.

As a long time Bungie fan I can tell you that Destiny 2 is going to be a hell of a lot like Destiny 1.

That's good news though.

Toxi

Banned
The exotic quests are completely useless for a PVE player, since they force you to go to the PVP side. I only managed to get the Dark Drinker, when friends helped me to cheat the PVP part. It would be nice, if the sequel would fix the problem for the PVE-only players, and stop pushing PVP to people who don't enjoy competitive play. That's unlikely to happen, unfortunately.
The way they should have done those quests is provide 2 alternate conditions for completion, one PvE and one PvP. So for example, instead of killing 50 major enemies and killing 25 Guardians with the sword, it would be killing 50 major enemies or killing 25 Guardians. That way both PvP and PvE-focused players can stick to what they like.

I don't mind the idea of some exotic quests requiring PvP or PvE, but they should be serious goals that require effort. Not just "play PvE and PvP with this weapon for a while".

The D2 is going to have so much more content does anyone think you would launch with more than one raid?

It won't. Raids are a focal point for tiers of items. Having multiple raids just makes players focus on the one with the better tier of loot. It's pointless to have more than one raid at launch.

Melchiah

The way they should have done those quests is provide 2 alternate conditions for completion, one PvE and one PvP. So for example, instead of killing 50 major enemies and killing 25 Guardians with the sword, it would be killing 50 major enemies or killing 25 Guardians. That way both PvP and PvE-focused players can stick to what they like.

I don't mind the idea of some exotic quests requiring PvP or PvE, but they should be serious goals that require effort. Not just "play PvE and PvP with this weapon for a while".

That's a great idea, and something I'd like to see.

I enjoyed the Khvostov and Gjallarhorn quests, since they had their own story missions. I wish we'll get more of those in the sequel. Although, the Gjallarhorn defense parts were a bit annoying, but still better than kill X amount of enemies.

My main hope for loot changes is always allowing exotics/raid weapons/legendaries to be infusable.

It's frustrating to complete a raid and then discover your rewards are worthless outside of PVP with level advantages disabled.

Lukemon

It won't. Raids are a focal point for tiers of items. Having multiple raids just makes players focus on the one with the better tier of loot. It's pointless to have more than one raid at launch.

So just have one drop only weapons and another drop only armour. Solved. Would love multiple Raids from launch, but not expecting it.

If ever, they should put him in the Destiny 2 credits at this point.

They should make him an easter egg, one of the 9. lol.

I'm actually surprised he's so quiet about everything, maybe he's waiting for them to announce something to start talking.

The D2 is going to have so much more content does anyone think you would launch with more than one raid?

It won't, it should'nt. It needs to be one done the best they can.

GlamFM

Banned
They should make him an easter egg, one of the 9. lol.

I'm actually surprised he's so quiet about everything, maybe he's waiting for them to announce something to start talking.

It won't, it should'nt. It needs to be one done the best they can.

He's not though. He pops up in every destiny thread.

Kill3r7

Helping others get Fatebringer was my second favorite videogame activity just behind using Fatebringer itself. It cannot be understated how good using Fatebringer, Icebreaker and Ghjallerhorne felt. The holy trinity of videogame weapons, all released in the same game, at the same time. That's what made Destiny amazing. Now its just adding a number to another and hoping for a bigger number next time around.

Agreed. Don't forget to put Vex Mythoclast, VoC and Suros (pre-nerf) in there as well.

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention VoC.

RoI was made by the Live team. The same team that made FoTL, Crimson Days, SRL and The Dawning. A completely separate team has been working on D2 for a long time now with High Moon and VV working on art and assets and other content.

The idea that they would spend all this time and effort and man power on an expansion is silly.

sense

Sony deal, battlefront 2 also

damn, sony is going to make bank if rdr2 doesn't get delayed. pro bundles for all three could do gangbusters. white pro bundle for destiny, black for rdr2 and special edition star wars bundle. i am not even counting cod which could be a slim bundle. if spider man makes it for the holidays, scorpio has no chance of beating those bundles and help ms win any month.

Kill3r7

damn, sony is going to make bank if rdr2 doesn't get delayed. pro bundles for all three could do gangbusters. white pro bundle for destiny, black for rdr2 and special edition star wars bundle. i am not even counting cod which could be a slim bundle. if spider man makes it for the holidays, scorpio has no chance of beating those bundles and help ms win any month.

I doubt many of them get Pro bundles, Destiny 2 maybe. Consumers are very price sensitive and so far this gen Sony has done a great job not creating overpriced bundles. Either way, both consoles should sell really well from September on. I think it will be a peak year for both, at least in the US.

Marvel

could never
RoI was made by the Live team. The same team that made FoTL, Crimson Days, SRL and The Dawning. A completely separate team has been working on D2 for a long time now with High Moon and VV working on art and assets and other content.

The idea that they would spend all this time and effort and man power on an expansion is silly.
Indeed.

3 years is a good chunk for a game without subscription fee.

I don't feel that at all. Asherons Call shut down today after 17 years.

Like with the success of Destiny, they could have build on that extensively. Just think about a game like WoW. 3 years is not even teenage years for a good MMO!

My main hope for loot changes is always allowing exotics/raid weapons/legendaries to be infusable.

It's frustrating to complete a raid and then discover your rewards are worthless outside of PVP with level advantages disabled.

I hope they get rid of the infusion system entirely. It made all Legendary weapons scrap fodder instead of interesting weapons you want to hold on to.

Kill3r7

I don't feel that at all. Asherons Call shut down today after 17 years.

Like with the success of Destiny, they could have build on that extensively. Just think about a game like WoW. 3 years is not even teenage years for a good MMO!

1. WoW is subscription base.
2. There is not enough content in Destiny to keep folks busy.
3. Destiny has had a ton of development issues and changes are not easy to implement.

Destiny 2 will offer them a fresh start and will allow them to build on it for another 3-4 years.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

that's how they feel

ZeoVGM

Banned
I just hope to see many of the characters come over from the original Destiny. Over time, characters like Cayde have become so great and I want to continue along with them.

Top Bottom