• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Some Destiny 2 info leaks from Mega Bloks toy set

GlamFM

Banned
God I hope Pro and Scorpio can do 1080p 60fps.
First Person Shooters at 30fps are manageable, but strongly handicapped.

Even if the could (no clue) they wouldn´t because of the disadvantage PS4 and ONE users would be in PvP and possibly even PvE.

PC version for higher frame rates.

ZeoVGM

Banned
God I hope Pro and Scorpio can do 1080p 60fps.
First Person Shooters at 30fps are manageable, but strongly handicapped.

It's very doubtful Destiny will allow 60 FPS on one version of a console. Bungie will the frame rate to be consistent between consoles and PvE/PvP.

Destiny 2 will almost definitely be 30 FPS. Everyone should be bracing for that now. :p

They better not destroy the last city before letting us explore it.

In my imagination, the Cabal attack the Tower and City. Guardians are fighting in the city and the Tower. The Tower is destroyed, the Speaker is dead and the City is the last place of refuse for the Vanguard and the factions. The Concordant come out of hiding and thus begins the fight to regain the Solar System from the Cabal Empire.

pantsmith

It's very doubtful Destiny will allow 60 FPS on one version of a console. Bungie will the frame rate to be consistent between consoles and PvE/PvP.

Destiny 2 will almost definitely be 30 FPS. Everyone should be bracing for that now. :p

>citation needed

No, really, there is no reason the talented developers at Bungie are going to let games like Titanfall and Overwatch outclass them with beautiful 60fps multiplayer and adventures on standard consoles. The main hindrance the last time around was being forced to hit a deadline on four different consoles at the same time.

Xbone + Ps4 + PC at 60 fps is not only doable, its integral to their reputation.

I hope Destiny 2 is more than just an expansion like TTK. 4 New planets and new enemy types would be great but I'm not sure that will happen considering for $40, TTK added only one new planet type area

>citation needed

No, really, there is no reason the talented developers at Bungie are going to let games like Titanfall and Overwatch outclass them with beautiful 60fps multiplayer and adventures on standard consoles. The main hindrance the last time around was being forced to hit a deadline on four different consoles at the same time.

Xbone + Ps4 + PC at 60 fps is not only doable, its integral to their reputation.

Im pretty sure it'll be 30fps and what makes you think they're not being forced to hit a deadline now? From what we hear, the development pipeline isn't the most efficient

wow man since you know so much about the game can you tell me who dies at the end

You're mocking the post but it's a safe assumption if you've been following Destiny

ZeoVGM

Banned
>citation needed

I mean, sure, 60fps is possible but I was more speaking to "60 on Pro, 30 on regular PS4." Bungie wouldn't do that.

And its definitely not integral to their reputation. Destiny 2 will still be one of the biggest launches this gen, whether 30 or 60 fps.

I mean, sure, 60fps is possible but I was more speaking to "60 on Pro, 30 on regular PS4." Bungie wouldn't do that.

And its definitely not integral to their reputation. Destiny 2 will still be one of the biggest launches this gen, whether 30 or 60 fps.

Its is not that they wouldnt. They cant. The pro can not have a higher fps for multiplayer games per sony.

So I was reading the PS4Pro thread about selling 40% to new customers and there was a throwaway line at the end about 2017 and Destiny 2 is mentioned. Is this an assumption it will launch this year? Sorry if it's been linked before. From the article:

"In fact, looking broadly at the new hardware coming to shelves and the return of big brands like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Destiny 2, Light is bullish over the potential that 2017 holds."

Mind you this is coming from the Sony's UK boss so you'd think he would be in the know more than just about anyone outside of Bungie. I've been a firm believer that the game will hit this year so now we just need to get the details.

FyreWulff

>citation needed

No, really, there is no reason the talented developers at Bungie are going to let games like Titanfall and Overwatch outclass them with beautiful 60fps multiplayer and adventures on standard consoles.

lol

The main hindrance the last time around was being forced to hit a deadline on four different consoles at the same time.

Bungie has never shipped a 60fps shooter, ever, in their entire history on console. it had nothing to do with deadlines.

the public cares more about graphics than framerate

their "reputation" is that one of their games is still holds the crown for longest continual domination of playerbase share. that game was Halo 3, 30fps going up against multiple 60fps CoD releases.

So I was reading the PS4Pro thread about selling 40% to new customers and there was a throwaway line at the end about 2017 and Destiny 2 is mentioned. Is this an assumption it will launch this year? Sorry if it's been linked before. From the article:

"In fact, looking broadly at the new hardware coming to shelves and the return of big brands like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Destiny 2, Light is bullish over the potential that 2017 holds."

Mind you this is coming from the Sony's UK boss so you'd think he would be in the know more than just about anyone outside of Bungie. I've been a firm believer that the game will hit this year so now we just need to get the details.

The assumption throughout the game industry for a long time now has been for the next major addition (not expansion-sized) to the Destiny property to launch in 2017.

Edit: The main argument which I believe to still be very viable against a 2017 release is that whatever that game may be titled it has yet to be officially revealed and the further we get into 2017 without an official announcement of some sort the less likely it makes it to release this year considering how big this game is, the developer, and the the mega-publisher involved which the latter would seemingly want a good amount of build-up and marketing time before release. So, lets say they don't reveal it until E3 in June, do you really think a game of this magnitude will release just 3-5 months later after the initial announcement?

My stance is, well, with each passing day that stance is becoming more hopeful than anything else, is an official announcement/reveal sometime in the next month or so with a simple "Fall 2017" release date followed by a small teaser before E3 and a complete blowout at E3 in June with a real specific release date locked down and a Beta in July.

The assumption throughout the game industry for a long time now has been for the next major addition (not expansion-sized) to the Destiny property to launch in 2017.

Edit: The main argument which I believe to still be very viable against a 2017 release is that whatever that game may be titled it has yet to be officially revealed and the further we get into 2017 without an official announcement of some sort the less likely it makes it to release this year considering how big this game is, the developer, and the the mega-publisher involved which the latter would seemingly want a good amount of build-up and marketing time before release. So, lets say they don't reveal it until E3 in June, do you really think a game of this magnitude will release just 3-5 months later after the initial announcement?

My stance is, well, with each passing day that stance is becoming more hopeful than anything else, is an official announcement/reveal sometime in the next month or so with a simple "Fall 2017" release date followed by a small teaser before E3 and a complete blowout at E3 in June with a real specific release date locked down and a Beta in July.

I'm speaking more to the people here who seem certain that the game will slip to 2018. It's not gonna slip; it's coming out this year. I have no doubt.

As for the argument against it well we're one month into the year and the Activision call is in what, 7 or 8 days? That should have some pretty solid answers on when they expect something. Also Bungie has plenty of time to do a reveal. I mean this isn't the first game of an unknown franchise; we're pretty familiar with the franchise up to this point and there's probably not a need for a long lead-in to getting the word out there. If anything you will probably see details leak and then a proper reveal followed by E3 with a firm date set for the fall. There's plenty of time to get their ducks in a row, not sure why some think otherwise.

GlamFM

Banned
The BWU at least teases some announcements.

"Soon"

Amidst all the other unannounced happenings under our roof....

Today, we’re shaking off the dust to deliver some presentations to each other. We’re using our own screens to share some future plans we can’t even tease you with. That’s right: we do internal Bungie-only streams. Just imagine what we talk to each other about inside our own house. It’s a good way to get everyone on the same page without dragging them away from their desks where each of them wields their own special brand of magic.

We know you’re impatient for new things to play. We’re impatient to talk to you about what we’re building on our riverbank. We’ll meet each other in the middle soon. (...) you still haven’t seen the last from the Live Team.

I´m still pretty confident that the Live Team is working on a "farewell" for Destiny 1.

I assume it´s all Raids and activities brought to current LL.

GlamFM

Banned
Mini reveal after activisions conference call. Feb. 9th.

Maybe something "leaks" before it
to build hype
?

Don´t think so. It really seems like they want to treat their weapon balance patch like a big deal and milk that for a couple of weeks.

I´d brace myself for an announcement in March.

Deku Tree

We will see. I think Activision is gonna want to say something about D2 in their conference call, and I think Bungie will want to say something themselves if Activision says something.

A weapons balance patch is like something that only a very small percentage of the player base pays attention to so I don't think that would be a priority.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I´m still pretty confident that the Live Team is working on a "farewell" for Destiny 1.

Very likely.

My hope is that Bungie uses the Raid refresh to test out any sort of LFG/matchmaking since Destiny 2 will almost definitely have it.

(But they won't and I'll be disappointed again.)

GlamFM

Banned
We will see. I think Activision is gonna want to say something about D2 in their conference call.

No change they won't. Since they talked about it last time they basically have to.

Edit: even if they don't bring it up an investor will ask.

"Soon"

It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to have some ramp up to D2 either. Kind of like what Blizzard does before each WoW expansion. With Legion it was the demon invasions.

ZeoVGM

Banned
We will see. I think Activision is gonna want to say something about D2 in their conference call, and I think Bungie will want to say something themselves if Activision says something.

Well if Bungie does say something I hope it's not in the usual DeeJ format.

We’re impatient to talk to you about what we’re building on our riverbank. We’ll meet each other in the middle soon.

He doesn't even sound like a human anymore, haha.

Deku Tree

No change they won't. Since they talked about it last time they basically have to.

Edit: even if they don't bring it up an investor will ask.

You appear to feel very confident in your point of view. In any case we will find out in under a week.
We are probably both wrong lol.

"Soon"

Then they need to just bring back all Y1 weapons, raids included. Elemental primaries too. I mean we have one already what difference would it make to bring the rest back it's not like it's a ton. Also all armor too. I wanna wear my old Crota and VoG stuff again, or at least get Y3 versions.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Then they need to just bring back all Y1 weapons, raids included. Elemental primaries too. I mean we have one already what difference would it make to bring the rest back it's not like it's a ton. Also all armor too. I wanna wear my old Crota and VoG stuff again, or at least get Y3 versions.

Oh, it'll definitely be Y3 versions that you have to earn again.

Personally, I wish that they had a more robust collection system. A single kiosk in multiple areas of the social spaces. In that kiosk, you could choose a "year" to look at and it would track every weapon and piece of armor you've ever held, from Exotic all the way down to Common.

The way you could pull it out would be different depending. Exotics would work as they do now while Legendaries would cost something like 100 Legendary Marks and the roll would be randomized. (Meaning, yes, you could potentially "reroll" in a way but you would need to put in the effort to get Marks to do it so it wouldn't be abused.)

Anything Rare or below would simply cost Glimmer to repurchase if you've held it before.

Yes, anything from Y1 and anything Rare or below would obviously be useless in PvE. But I've actually spoken to a number of people who wish they still had a certain old Rare armor set to use in the Crucible because they liked it.

It would a) allow more customization, b) pretty much fix the issue with Vault space and c) give an additional resource for completionists.

Better be 60fps, even things like gears and uncharted 4 have made the jump.

I wouldn't hold my breath. When was the last time Bungie made a 60 FPS game?

Maybe the PC version will be 60 FPS, but I think there's a good chance it will locked at 30 even there.

I'm usually one of those "60 FPS of bust!" people, but I think Destiny actually feels really great even at 30 FPS. Would 60 be better? Absolutely. But I'll live if it isn't. At least I'll live on consoles, anyway. 30 FPS with a mouse would probably feel awful.

I wouldn't hold my breath. When was the last time Bungie made a 60 FPS game?

Maybe the PC version will be 60 FPS, but I think there's a good chance it will locked at 30 even there.

I'm usually one of those "60 FPS of bust!" people, but I think Destiny actually feels really great even at 30 FPS. Would 60 be better? Absolutely. But I'll live if it isn't. At least I'll live on consoles, anyway. 30 FPS with a mouse would probably feel awful.

No way that D2 will be locked to 30fps on PC. It's dead on arrival if so.

GlamFM

Banned
The plot THICKENS!

TRmMmtxxVuafcgcrwaGCnF-1200-80.jpg

http://www.gamesradar.com/looks-lik...rue-heres-what-it-means-for-the-sequel-if-so/

GlamFM

Banned
Interesting.

Just in case anybody needed even more confirmation that D2 is indeed coming out this fall...

sqWqLPJ.png

Top Bottom