• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Sonic Frontiers and God of War Ragnarok release dates leaked

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
That date makes sense

January - Uncharted
February - Horizon
March - Gran Turismo
April -
May - Forspoken
June - Gostwire Tokyo
July - Last of Us 2 Remastered
August -
September - God of War
October -
November - Final Fantasy 16?
December -
Well final fantasy was just delayed till 2023 and forspoken is definitely not gonna make a may release

Sanepar

I have a feeling this will be PS5s big hitters for 2022

Horizon Forbidden West - Feb
GT 7 - March
Forespoken -May
Ghostwire - Summer
God of War Ragnarok -Oct
The Last of Us: Factions 2 - Nov
Ff16 will be out 2nd half too. 2022 will be huge for PS5

BlackM1st

Banned
How does it look rough? Has that word also lost its meaning like others?
Barely any progress compared to the 1st part. Game releases how many years later on a much more powerful hardware. Give me a brake, how anyone can say that GoW looked remotely good? Maybe for a PS4 only game, on par with the original, but that's a pretty low bar if talk about a game releasing in almost 2023 on PS5 ffs. Look at the Horizon, look at the Uncharted 1 to 2 progress on PS3. GoW showed nothing worthy of PS5 so far.

JaksGhost

Barely any progress compared to the 1st part. Game releases how many years later on a much more powerful hardware. Give me a brake, how anyone can say that GoW looked remotely good? Maybe for a PS4 only game, on par with the original, but that's a pretty low bar if talk about a game releasing in almost 2023 on PS5 ffs. Look at the Horizon, look at the Uncharted 1 to 2 progress on PS3. GoW showed nothing worthy of PS5 so far.
So far... they've only shown 1 trailer. Calm down and that still doesn't answer how it looks rough. Samey, maybe. Rough, no.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
They better be 20+ hours games.

Horizon at least looks like a small improvement but God of War looks exactly the same as the first one.
Looking Pierce Brosnan GIF by James Bond 007

GoW was already one of the best-looking games of the last-gen and much better looking than Zero Dawn, so Forbidden West has the advantage of having more room for improvement.

GoW needed to be flipped on its head (again) with next-gen in mind to have any substantial visual upgrade.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
GoW needed to be flipped on its head (again) with next-gen in mind to have any substantial visual upgrade
Yeah. And? Would gladly dropped the PS4 version into a bin. Game already almost a 2023 release, so...

Anyway, I said what I wanted. Twice already. Maybe more. No point in arguing about opinions. You guys will buy it regardless. And I'm not buying either GoW or Horizon, so uh... I better stop here.

Sonic makes sense as it is a holiday game according to the last trailer. Ragnarok sounds about right as well, although, tradionally God of War games always came out in Spring. Assuming COVID never happened and Kratos didn't need a back surgery (actor had a back surgery that caused a major delay) it would of been out in March.

Yeah. And? Would gladly dropped the PS4 version into a bin. Game already almost a 2023 release, so...

Anyway, I said what I wanted. Twice already. Maybe more. No point in arguing about opinions. You guys will buy it regardless. And I'm not buying either GoW or Horizon, so uh... I better stop here.

Dropping the last-gen version isn't going to make it next-gen. That needs to be decided from the start

Yeah don't worry. I think we all know you're just shit talking

KAL2006

Banned
Dropping the last-gen version isn't going to make it next-gen. That needs to be decided from the start

Yeah don't worry. I think we all know you're just shit talking

I will still buy God of War as I liked the original. But I agree with the other guy, they should have decided from the start to make it next gen exclusive. In 2022 the only next gen only exclusive game is Ghostwrire Tokyo which is a timed exclusive and don't look graphically demanding as well as Forspoken which probably is also a timed exclusive. Is God of War is coming out end of 2022, that means we will get a true next gen only God of War around end of 2027 which is quite depressing. Horizon, God of War and Gran Turismo 7 being cross gen is probably the biggest disappointment for me especially with Sony being so sneaky and not stating these games were cross gen to begin with.

I will still buy God of War as I liked the original. But I agree with the other guy, they should have decided from the start to make it next gen exclusive. In 2022 the only next gen only exclusive game is Ghostwrire Tokyo which is a timed exclusive and don't look graphically demanding as well as Forspoken which probably is also a timed exclusive. Is God of War is coming out end of 2022, that means we will get a true next gen only God of War around end of 2027 which is quite depressing. Horizon, God of War and Gran Turismo 7 being cross gen is probably the biggest disappointment for me especially with Sony being so sneaky and not stating these games were cross gen to begin with.

It probably comes down to development times and also what Cory said about not making the norse saga a trilogy so the story doesn't take more than 10 years to wrap up

They could have gone the next-gen route, but there'd be additional implications to that. The development would take even more time due to retooling and expanding the scope to take advantage of next-gen , and we'd most likely get a game with less content, which could have even led to requiring a third game to wrap up the Norse saga.

It’s not depressing there are 50 other next gen sony games that will come out before now and 2027

Either way you cut, it horizon, god of war, and gran turismo were never gonna major next gen games in year one. They would still be outclassed by mid and late gen games just like the early ps4 games were

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
It’s not depressing there are 50 other next gen sony games that will come out before now and 2027

Either way you cut, it horizon, god of war, and gran turismo were never gonna major next gen games in year one. They would still be outclassed by mid and late gen games just like the early ps4 games were

I would have liked a horizon, God of war and gran Turismo next gen only game by year 2/3 of PS5 but unfortunately now will probably have to wait for year 6/7 for next gen only games for these IPs. Yes there are other next gen only games we got Ratchet and Returnal. But honestly Ratchet has never been a must have for me and Returnal doesn't interest me. It's the big IPs like God of War and Gran Turismo that I was looking forward to. But seems like I'm just going to have to wait for proper next gen versions ofmthese IPs, I'm still excited and will get the cross gen sequels but I'm not going to lie that it dampen the excitement, even Sony agrees that's why they decided to let us know about cross gen a bit later and not at the intial reveal of those game announcements.

I would have liked a horizon, God of war and gran Turismo next gen only game by year 2/3 of PS5 but unfortunately now will probably have to wait for year 6/7 for next gen only games for these IPs. Yes there are other next gen only games we got Ratchet and Returnal. But honestly Ratchet has never been a must have for me and Returnal doesn't interest me. It's the big IPs like God of War and Gran Turismo that I was looking forward to. But seems like I'm just going to have to wait for proper next gen versions ofmthese IPs, I'm still excited and will get the cross gen sequels but I'm not going to lie that it dampen the excitement, even Sony agrees that's why they decided to let us know about cross gen a bit later and not at the intial reveal of those game announcements.

Wolverine will ease you

No doubt it will be huge in terms of sales, but with 4 crossgens it certainly wont be its best year from a gaming standpoint.

Ghostwire, FF16, Forspoken, Horizon, GT7 and God of War

That's three cross-gen games and three next-gen games. It's a fantastic year on par if not better than 2020

Well final fantasy was just delayed till 2023 and forspoken is definitely not gonna make a may release

It *could* make May 2023. But it looked rough.

Horizon: FB, GT7 I plan on seeing this year. The rest…will probably be pushed to 2023.

And if we’re being honest, GT7 could stand to get a postponement from what we’ve seen. Release it in the fall, push GoW to 2023, and hopefully we’re on the other side of the chip shortage by then.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Still funny to see people doubt Santa Monica Studios... I don't know how anyone can say "it looks rough" they hardly showed anything. SMS doesn't miss.
Eh. SMS doesnt miss is simply inaccurate when 2 out of their last 3 games either missed critical and sales projections (GoW Ascension) or simply missed release and got cancelled. (Stig's new IP 4 years in the making)

Cory has once again ditched the franchise to go chase something new. The game is in the hands of a completely new director. It could go the way of GOW3 which was incredible thanks to Stig's focused direction or like GOW Ascension which was mediocre at best under director Todd Pappy.

P.S I dont think Ragnorak looks rough, but it looks more of the same which for 30-40 hour games like GOW can be too much. It's far easier to ignore that samey feeling when you are going through 8-10 hour games like UNcharted but when you have already been playing a game for 30-40 hours, that feeling of sameyness will start to kick in no matter how many new enemies and locations they throw at you. If anything, GOW3's boss and setpiece heavy design kept it from feeling stagnant. If GOW Ragnorak has you kill every single remaining God (Thor, Odin, Freya, Tyr, Heimdall) AND has 2-3 big GOW3 esque Titan encounters then it just might avoid that feeling of doing the same thing for 80 odd hours. But GOW3 was 10 hours long and had you kill every greek god where as GOW Ragnorak will be 30.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Ghostwire, FF16, Forspoken, Horizon, GT7 and God of War

That's three cross-gen games and three next-gen games. It's a fantastic year on par if not better than 2020

I said 4 because the list I quoted included fractions.

No doubt it will be better then 2020, the ps5 was only out for about 1 month in 2020.

But there is more potential in PS5 exclusives then cross gen games. I dont know how anyone can be thrilled that such big ip's are cross gen in the PS5s 2nd year.

I said 4 because the list I quoted included fractions.

No doubt it will be better then 2020, the ps5 was only out for about 1 month in 2020.

But there is more potential in PS5 exclusives then cross gen games. I dont know how anyone can be thrilled that such big ip's are cross gen in the PS5s 2nd year.

I'm talking about the full 2020, not just the launch of the console.

It's been months of whining about cross-gen. Most of us have moved on now and are just hyped for the excellent lineup. The games are still going to be great and GOTY material regardless of whether the PS4 logo is on them.

Sosokrates

I'm talking about the full 2020, not just the launch of the console.

It's been months of whining about cross-gen. Most of us have moved on now and are just hyped for the excellent lineup. The games are still going to be great and GOTY material regardless of whether the PS4 logo is on them.
Its not whining, wouldn't you rather play PS5 exclusives over cross gens?

You certainly were not happy about it here

And no, there was s nothing to "move on" from, cross gen was not preferable then and is still not preferable.

2022 is not bad, but id rather have a proper new gen, then what is essentially a mid gen console experience.

Anyone who thinks crossgen is preferable must be on the payroll or something.

Its funny that some people cant stand people stating because of the level of cross gen on PS5 , Its 2022 line up is worse for it.

New gen exclusive > crossgen

Its not whining, wouldn't you rather play PS5 exclusives over cross gens?

You certainly were not happy about it here

And no, there was s nothing to "move on" from, cross gen was not preferable then and is still not preferable.

2022 is not bad, but id rather have a proper new gen, then what is essentially a mid gen console experience.

Anyone who thinks crossgen is preferable must be on the payroll or something.

Its funny that some people cant stand people stating because of the level of cross gen on PS5 , Its 2022 line up is worse for it.

New gen exclusive > crossgen

Yeah, back in June, which was months ago. I've moved on as I've said.

It is whining. Stop shitting up threads about cross-gen already. It's done and can't be changed. Get over it.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Yeah, back in June, which was months ago. I've moved on as I've said.

It is whining. Stop shitting up threads about cross-gen already. It's done and can't be changed. Get over it.

You dont even address any of the points I bring up.

I guess for you to be consistent whenever you criticise something in your own opinion you are just whining and should move on 😂

We were discussing line ups its not off topic to state that the PS5s 22 line up is somewhat diminished because of cross gen.

You dont even address any of the points I bring up.

I guess for you to be consistent whenever you criticise something in your own opinion you are just whining and should move on 😂

We were discussing line ups its not off topic to state that the PS5s 22 line up is somewhat diminished because of cross gen.

What points?

You brought up it for console warring. I know it. You know it. Your tag knows it

I bitched about God of War being cross-gen, in the "God of War announced as cross-gen" thread. You're bitching about it in a release date leak 6 months later. Big difference

Last edited:

Sosokrates

What points?

You brought up it for console warring. I know it. You know it. Your tag knows it
Look, if it upsets you that someone states that the 2022 PS5 line up is not the best line the PS5 will have because of crossgen then thats on you.

Just because something is not praise does not mean its console warring.

If Ragnarok, forbidden west and GT7 were PS5 exclusive they would be better games, get over it already.

And its not only a PS5 issue, I think the same with halo infinite + FH5

Last edited:
They better be 20+ hours games.

Horizon at least looks like a small improvement but God of War looks exactly the same as the first one.

Horizon has had an extra year and probably a lot more engine work than God of War.

I would love to be proven wrong and that both of these games are going to be heralded as GOTY contenders, but I'm just not seeing anything that makes me think that will be the case. Again, would love to be wrong ultimately.

Sony doesn't ever release their big games after September unless they have new hardware to sell. It's been like that since the PS4 came out. I never expected GoW to release during those months as well.
I guess that will depend on what you're calling a big game.

LBP3 came out November 2014
Last Guardian came out December 2016
Gran Turismo Sport came out in October 2017
Death Stranding came out November 2019

Still funny to see people doubt Santa Monica Studios... I don't know how anyone can say "it looks rough" they hardly showed anything. SMS doesn't miss.
It didn't look like a next gen upgrade from a game that came out 3 years ago. That's what they're referring to as "rough".

It's a PS5 game that looks like a PS4 game. I think that fairly and accurately fits the definition of rough. Of course we'll see more, but like Halo Infinite maybe this needs to be delayed, obviously they still have a year to develop anyways though.

Look, if it upsets you that someone states that the 2022 PS5 line up is not the best line the PS5 will have because of crossgen then thats on you.

Just because something is not praise does not mean its console warring.

If Ragnarok, forbidden west and GT7 were PS5 exclusive they would be better games, get over it already.

And its not only a PS5 issue, I think the same with halo infinite.

Lmao what? Yeah, I 'dhope the 2022 lineup isn't going to be the best PS5 has, regardless of cross-gen or not. I mean, really? I hope 2023 is even better, and 2024 after that.

I care about what we're getting, not what could have been. If you're just going to bring up the latter when it has no relevance, then yes you're just shitting up threads. You can spin it as much as you want. We know who you are lmao

Anyway I'm done with this derailment.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Lmao what? Yeah, I 'dhope the 2022 lineup isn't going to be the best PS5 has, regardless of cross-gen or not. I mean, really? I hope 2023 is even better, and 2024 after that.

I care about what we're getting, not what could have been. If you're just going to bring up the latter when it has no relevance, then yes you're just shitting up threads. You can spin it as much as you want. We know who you are lmao

Anyway I'm done with this derailment.

Its pathetic when somone critiques something you get personal.
I mean perhaps if you talked about the point and did not get so defensive and personal, it would not be such an issue for you.
I mean you even agree that current gen exclusives are preferable over cross gen, so I dont know what you're issue is.

I mean you even agree that current gen exclusives are preferable over cross gen, so I dont know what you're issue is.

You do know we’ve had several “next gen” games on PS5 already, right? And I’ll be the first to tell you I’m way more excited for Ragnarok and Forbidden West than I was for Rift Apart, Returnal, or Destruction All Stars

Last edited:

Sosokrates

You do know we’ve had several “next gen” games on PS5 already, right? And I’ll be the first to tell you I’m way more excited for Ragnarok and Forbidden West than I was for Rift Apart and Returnal.

So should all games going foward be cross gen?

zkorejo

Hm was expecting GOW earlier than that. Don't mind it at all though. Didn't really look much better than the last game when they showed it. Santa Monica is my last hope in gaming. I am really hoping this game won't disappoint.

Top Bottom