• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony is partnering with NCSoft to develop a Horizon MMORPG.

Matt_Fox

As long as i can make my character look like this, im in!!

images

CG0tTzZ.png

Last edited:

tmlDan

Yuck. I'm a fan of Horizon (more the first game than the second) and don't like this idea. I dislike MMORPGs. I'd rather they put their efforts elsewhere.
efforts? it's outsourced to NC soft it's not taking up their resources.

Kokoloko85

I dont know the developer but Horizon Lore and world fits an MMO. Especially if it can keep/ adapt the combat, maybe a little like Monster Hunter.
No brainer for the online games they have planned

Kokoloko85

Desus And Mero Good Luck GIF by Bernie Sanders

I don't think the world is interesting enough for an MMORPG but they are welcome to convince me wrong.

Tribes,States, Robot dinosaurs, parties to defeat said dinosaurs. Rival Human gangs. The world and lore is more for MMO than alot of MMO’s out there. Could easily be like Monster Hunter but more action combat. And its new. We have a million medieval fantasy based mmo’s or anime ones.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Horizon is honestly not that good of an IP as much Sony is focusing on it.
Definitely a to each their own scenario. Apparently a lot of people really love or dig the IP, but I personally don't care for it whatsoever. I've tried playing it, but in the end I just felt like, "Other games are doing this, have done this, and do it better."

Between the VR game, the rumored remaster, and this. I'm honestly kind of shocked.

Flutta

Banned
HORIZON? lmao Sony please that IP is in decline. HFW is utter garbage from head to toe. Do us all a favour and bin it.
Make a new IP instead.

Fbh

I liked Zero Dawn, haven't played Forbidden West. But is Horizon really THAT popular?
Sony seems to be going all in on it being their new prime franchise. Horizon 2, Horizon VR, Horizon TV Show, Horizon 1 Remake, Horizon MMO, Horizon Online (form that earlier leak, not sure if it's the same as the MMO).

Anyway, I've zero interest in an MMO. They could at least make a Monster Hunter clone or something

HTK

Banned
Not a fan of Horizon and really wish Sony would try a new IP. I need this shit to fail lol

Three

Surprised this is the first thread on the topic, I’ve seen it making the rounds on twitter all day.

On topic: Can’t say I’m interested personally.
It was already rumoured in the supposed Horizon ZD remaster leak too. Nobody even noticed though because they were busy bitching about a remaster.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
People people people.

Multiplayer doesn't rely on IP.

Crazy hearing people talk like they aren't sure the Horizon name is big enough. It's big enough.
Yeah, the first one sold 20M+ copies. The second one will likely match that number, and the co-op/MP might just exceed that in terms of player count.

Horizon is big enough.

levyjl1988

Banned
This sounds like a bad idea. I don't think it will succeed at all and garner that population, especially with the IP, it's not Pokemon level of enthusiasm. People on PS prefer single-player experiences with slight MP like Elden Ring or CoD quick-play matches.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
People on PS prefer single-player experiences with slight MP like Elden Ring or CoD quick-play matches.

False.

FKkj97pWUAYJRt4

Multiplayer is the largest sector for PlayStation and that's with almost zero multiplayer investment from Sony.

The media echo chamber is slanting perspectives.

Trunim

It feels like Sony is trying to force this IP on the players. The whole robot dino thing got old after the first game.

It feels like Sony is trying to force this IP on the players. The whole robot dino thing got old after the first game.

On the other hand, this series is 10x more successful than the nearly 10 years of Killzone the same studio was making. Sony probably doesn't want to risk another series with them if they can still get some clout from this one.

Horizon is honestly not that good of an IP as much Sony is focusing on it.
agree. while i love the story of zero dawn, the world of horizon itself is all about the menagerie of creatures. period. everything else about horizon - the geography, the fashion, the factions, has all been done multiple times, & equally as well...

Top Bottom