• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony lining up a bid on Remedy

Remedy have point blank said they want to be multi-platform and independent in the past.

That's the past though? I mean look at ninja theory and such. I remember them sharing a similar statement too. but they are apart of xbox first party studios. opinions change and deals can be struck that ensures both parties are happy.

I actually kind of hope this happens, it would further solidify Sony's near complete inability to develop anything outside of their third person cinematic wheelhouse.

I don't care how well these games do or how much they're bloated by gaming media, the one trick pony act is getting tiring and it's wearing on people whether they admit it or not.

They have become the most risk averse company in this industry and while quality has ramped up they have stagnated in diversity of development and design ethos.

HALO.GEARS.FORZA

DW74

Man, what I wouldn't give for a return-to-NY, hard-boiled, noir-style, Max Payne 4 from its original creators. Really try and recreate the feel from the first 2 games. The first was may favorite game on PC for a long time. Being older now, McCaffrey's voice is EVEN BETTER for the role than it was.

Last edited:
HALO.GEARS.FORZA

• Halo: First person shooter
  • Halo Wars: RTS
  • Gears: Third person shooter
  • Gears Tactics: RTS/Third person shooter
  • Forza Motorsport: Simulation racer
  • Forza Horizon: Arcade racer
  • Sea of Thieves: First person multiplayer action-adventure
  • Ori: Platformer/Metroidvania
  • Quantum Break: Third person cinematic action-adventure
  • ReCore: Third person action-platformer
  • Sunset Overdrive: Action-adventure
  • Bleeding Edge: Multiplayer fighting crossover
  • Killer Instinct: Fighting
  • State of Decay: Survival/horror
  • Battletoads: Beat em' up, platforming
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator: Flight simulation

At least you tried.

Last edited:

At least you tried.

Lol decay is a TPS. Bleeding edge is third person. Sunset overdrive third person.

I could waste my time making a list just like you did to completely shut your point down but why bother with a list war?love how you just added brand new announced games tho lol gotta make it look like they have dem gamezzzzz

Good studio, in-line with Sony-type games. What I wonder is if they’ll be picking up an existing IP from Sony or permitted to develop something new.

Lol decay is a TPS. Bleeding edge is third person. Sunset overdrive third person.

I could waste my time making a list just like you did to completely shut your point down but why bother with a list war?love how you just added brand new announced games tho lol gotta make it look like they have dem gamezzzzz
No you couldn't because they're intrinsically different in design ethos. One is a survival and community building game, the other is a Powerstone like multiplayer fighter, and the last is an arcade style action-adventure.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned

At least you tried.
Funny how you aren't this charitable with Sony. Oldest game on that list is 2016, so going off that:
Sony's near complete inability to develop anything outside of their third person cinematic wheelhouse.
MLB The Show: Sports
Ratchet & Clank: 3D platformer
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Action-adventure, third-person shooter, platformer
Hardware: Rivals: Multiplayer Vehicular combat
Kill Strain: MOBA
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood: VR On-rails shooter
Shadow of the Beast: Side Scroller Action/Adventure Platformer
RIGS: Mechanized Combat League: FPS VR Sport
Gran Turismo Sport: Racing
Gravity Rush 2: Open world Action/Adventure
No Heroes Allowed! VR: RTS
Knack II: 3D Platformer
Drawn to Death: Third-person arena shooter
Astro Bot Rescue Mission: VR Platformer
Singstar Celebration: Karaoke
Firewall: Zero Hour: VR Multiplayer Tactical Shooter
Dreams: Fucking Everything

What may be confusing you is that Sony make a lot of games including many in the same genre, unlike MS who have a piss poor game's output. So I can actually afford to leave a shit ton of games off this list whilst you practically have to list nearly every game MS have released since 2016.

But at least you tried.

Last edited:

At least you tried.
and almost all of those games flopped

Kenpachii

Fuck off with there exclusive bullshit.

Remedy finally returned to PC and these clowns are now going to make it locked behind there shit box again.

At least you tried.
]

Bloodborne: action RPG
driveclub: racing
horizon zero dawn: action rpg
god of war: hack n slash action adventure
gran turismo: racing simulator
drawn to death: multi-player third person shooter
Concrete genie: puzzle game

I could name more, but I'm not gonna play your biased based game. there is different genres on the ps4, it's people like you who choose to ignore them to fit your narrative. Nice try though 1/10 troll attempt

mejin

Remedy finally returned to PC and these clowns are now going to make it locked behind there shit box again.

they never left pc lol

AW and QB both arrived for it. Control will be on it too.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Funny to see Xbox fans sh*t on Remedy after begging for Alan Wake for the past 5 years. lol

Xbox fanboys will change the narrative in a heartbeat.

Begging for what a sequel or? No one's ever begged for that on here.

One set of fans has changed the narrative that's for sure, for a bunch of exclusives that where shit that no one wanted originally.

Stuart360

Funny to see Xbox fans sh*t on Remedy after begging for Alan Wake for the past 5 years. lol

PC gamer here, i dont even own a console. Sorry if facts upset you. By the way, notice how Alan Wake and Quantum Break have suddenly become good games in this thread?, guess which group is saying that after shitting on those games for years.

Lol you sound so salty?
PC gamer here, i dont even own a console. Sorry if facts upset you. By the way, notice how Alan Wake and Quantum Break have suddenly become good games in this thread?, guess which group is saying that after shitting on those games for years.

Sorry but you and some of the usual suspects are changing the narrative. mostly what im seeing in this thread is "alan wake wasn't good to begin with" or "remedy haven't made a good game since max payne 2" but when Quantum break released and alan wake was exclusive, it was praised and worshipped by the xbox faithful sorry but your attempts to change this to "it's the sony fanboys" narrative isn't working lol.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Lol you sound so salty?

Sorry but you and some of the usual suspects are changing the narrative. mostly what im seeing in this thread is "alan wake wasn't good to begin with" or "remedy haven't made a good game since max payne 2" but when Quantum break released and alan wake was exclusive, it was praised and worshipped by the xbox faithful sorry but your attempts to change this to "it's the sony fanboys" narrative isn't working lol.
Er i have done 1 post in this thread, and like i said i'm a PC gamer. I couldnt even finish Alan Wake, it wasnt a terrible game, just meh for me. Quantum Break i got about 2 hours in before bored to tears. Just watched that 'control' footage in the other thread, bored me to tears.
Remedy are not very good, not these days anyway. They take years to make their games, and those games usually flop in the end. Why do you think Microsoft dont seem to be interested in them?, why do you think they gave Alan Wake to them?.
Keep fighting that fight though.

Er i have done 1 post in this thread, and like i said i'm a PC gamer. I couldnt even finish Alan Wake, it wasnt a terrible game, just meh for me. Quantum Break i got about 2 hours in before bored to tears. Just watched that 'control' footage in the other thread, bored me to tears.
Remedy are not very good, not these days anyway. They take years to make their games, and those games usually flop in the end. Why do you think Microsoft dont seem to be interested in them?, why do you think they gave Alan Wake to them?.
Keep fighting that fight though.

I could not care less about Quantum break nor alan wake. Im finding it funny that this narrative of "suddenly their games are being called good" laughable because that's not what was said about quantum break when it received mix reviews. It's call double standards lol. typical fanboy back peddling, and no lol I'm not really fighting at all? just observing 😊

RPS37

Alan Wake was pretty good, and Quantum Break was mad decent, but I haven’t been blown away by Control yet so far. Doesn’t really seem like a big get.

Last edited:

point decay

Remedy always have really interesting ideas for games, very few have translated into something ive enjoyed playing though.

Last edited:

truth411

Unpopular opinion.

While I'm a PlayStation fan, I'm no fanboy. (I loved Gears 1-3)I couldn't Stand Alan Wake. Horrible repetitive game, Remedy havent made a Great game since Max Payne. Sony shouldn't buy them, at best do a 2nd party exclusive so they can prove themselves first.

Unpopular opinion.

While I'm a PlayStation fan, I'm no fanboy. (I loved Gears 1-3)I couldn't Stand Alan Wake. Horrible repetitive game, Remedy havent made a Great game since Max Payne. Sony shouldn't buy them, at best do a 2nd party exclusive so they can prove themselves first.

I'm thinking this is what we'll happen rather than a straight out acquisition.

wipeout364

Sony should be trying to acquire a company with serious multiplayer chops, they are overloaded with single player focused studios: Maybe Tripwire or digital extremes.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Begging for what a sequel or? No one's ever begged for that on here.

One set of fans has changed the narrative that's for sure, for a bunch of exclusives that where shit that no one wanted originally.

I don't what you Xbox fanboys get from lying so much. Alan Wake was one of the most requested games Xbox fans wanted to being back.

All you have to do is look up old post to see how many narrative were changed.

Before MS started acquiring studios, it was all about how exclusives were very niche and most gamers only care about multiplat titles.

ksdixon

I was interested in Alan Wake from a story perspective, but never finished the game as i found the gameplay clunky and somewhat limiting and repetative. Years later I would watch the story and the DLC on YouTube, and come away thinking that the story wasn't all that either. How was the story in that 'American Nightmare' side game?

I have Quantum Break sat on my Xbone, but can't be bothered starting it, as I've heard it ends on a cliffhanger/has a naff story; basically that it was supposed to be part of a trilogy but it did poorly so MS decided that QB2+3 aren't coming. I am guessing that QB got retooled into Control? Sort of like Dead Island series becoming Dying Light series?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Looks like you were upset because I wasn't talking to you. I was talking about those who are trashing Remedy after wanted to see QB2 and Alan Wake 2.

I played both games and enjoyed both.

I said many times that Quantum Break was a good game but the story wasn't that great and that they needed to cut-down on the cut-scenes. I also said the game flopped, but Xbox fans on this forum tried to defend it and said it didn't flop.

From what I heard. Playstation fans said the game flopped, which is a known fact.

Maybe start getting your facts straight next time.

thelastword

Banned

I still remember when they said Quantum Break was the best looking 720p game EVAR...Funny bunch, that lot....…They also had no problems with all the movies in that game, the huge file size, nothing......If this was a Sony game, god forbid.....

Mega_Deth

Would be insane if true. Would be akin to Microsoft buying out Quantic Dream. I still think Sony should have purchased Quantic Dream but chances are they didn't want to sell, much like Insomniac who have also had a very close relationship with Sony. I think the days of independent AAA studios are sadly numbered...

Aintitcool

Banned
If you're comparing innovation and diversity. You can not knock sony for making VR titles that are all new and with all new IPs. When MS announces vr sony will be leaps ahead have all these established VR ips and diverse gameplay mechanics they did during PS4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom