• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony/SuperBot Making Sony Smash Bros [Update 3: Even More Details]

Platy

I don't think it exist. They had chance to announce the game during playstation destination.

And e3 and tokyo game show and ....

Just because they are making a game don't mean they HAVE to announce.... how many games were anounced a few months left for the release ?
Half of nintendo's last 2 e3 lists for example
Wasn't the saturn that was announced in the month of release ?

And trust me, they didn't made those games in a few months =P

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What if the game isn't announced by Friday, what will be your thoughts?

Well, I will feel bad for this person who wrote the blog because he is member of NeoGaf.
People will give him hard time if it was fake. Also there is dangerous rule, if you make a fake news then that would be instant perm ban. I really hope that it's true because I'm hyped by this concept and it will motivated Nintendo to take their SSB4 more serious than ever.

competition = pushing each other to limit.

And e3 and tokyo game show and ....

Just because they are making a game don't mean they HAVE to announce.... how many games were anounced a few months left for the release ?
Half of nintendo's last 2 e3 lists for example
Wasn't the saturn that was announced in the month of release ?

And trust me, they didn't made those games in a few months =P

Yeah, I know. There is few information that pointed that it has been in work for awhile. (Longer than 4-5 months.) Also they should hyping it up just like they did with Dojo. I know a lot of people would follow that.

Platy

Yeah, I know. There is few information that pointed that it has been in work for awhile. (Longer than 4-5 months.) Also they should hyping it up just like they did with Dojo. I know a lot of people would follow that.

The Dojo shall not be repeated

Unless Sony hires someone with the troll levels of Ono

CamHostage

I don't think it exist. They had chance to announce the game during playstation destination.

I really don't think people understand what Destination PlayStation is. Which is probably good, since nobody most anybody knows has or will ever be invited, but just don't get in your head that this is the pre-E3 PlayStation E3. It ain't. It's businessmen's lunch but without all the golfing, only virtual golfing.

http://postimage.org/image/4l8qg9o5n/
Just a little more confirmation that this actually exist, I e-mailed the artist of Parappa to ask him about the game and he said he could talk about it come February.

Meaning it does exist, he just couldn't talk about it yet.

Then come February I e-mailed him again and he said he still couldn't say anything.

http://postimage.org/image/4l8qg9o5n/
Just a little more confirmation that this actually exist, I e-mailed the artist of Parappa to ask him about the game and he said he could talk about it come February.

Meaning it does exist, he just couldn't talk about it yet.

Then come February I e-mailed him again and he said he still couldn't say anything.

Nice. Wonder why they delayed the announcement.

Sony are going to have to drop a few announcements before E3 if they want to cover everything. That, or actually use Gamescom as a big event. If I were Sony I'd only use E3 as a PS3 2012 showcase with one 2013 game announced at the end and then PSV games (which they'll need a few big ones of) thrown in. Gamescom can handle the Quantic Dream, Guerilla etc games.

TLOU will need a stage demo, this needs to be announced, God of War IV needs an announcement/demo, Shu has hinted that the PlayStation Move flashlight game is still on the go etc.

Then we'll have the inevitable Assassins Creed III stage demo, Medal of Honour: Warfighter etc yada yada.

I'm surprised Sony didn't announce more games at GDC to be honest. Did they even announce anything from their first party? Odd.

Sony are going to have to drop a few announcements before E3 if they want to cover everything. That, or actually use Gamescom as a big event. If I were Sony I'd only use E3 as a PS3 2012 showcase with one 2013 game announced at the end and then PSV games (which they'll need a few big ones of) thrown in. Gamescom can handle the Quantic Dream, Guerilla etc games.

TLOU will need a stage demo, this needs to be announced, God of War IV needs an announcement/demo, Shu has hinted that the PlayStation Move flashlight game is still on the go etc.

Then we'll have the inevitable Assassins Creed III stage demo, Medal of Honour: Warfighter etc yada yada.

I'm surprised Sony didn't announce more games at GDC to be honest. Did they even announce anything from their first party? Odd.

They usually announce some new games in the days before E3.

They usually announce some new games in the days before E3.

Yeah. They usually have at least one magazine 'announcement' and then a trailer for said game at E3.

This game could be it. If Sony want this game to be big, a lot of things need to go right. They need to market the living hell out of it and get some big third party characters in there so that 3rd parties also market it for them too.

Sheikh

Banned
again this game should be reserved for next PS4

SONY , just focus on bringing down the price of the console to get more sales. PS3 already has the best exclusive library. Reserve these games for next gen . This gen is over

SONY , just focus on bringing down the price of the console to get more sales. PS3 already has the best exclusive library. Reserve these games for next gen . This gen is over

For me this gen hasn't even started, still waiting on Sony Smash, The Last Guardian, Bioshock Infinate, FFV13, Journey and more

This gen is nothing to me so far, they definitely should not give up on it

Globox_82

Banned

Dead Space 3 stage demo.

thuway

If Sony doesn't plan on showing the PS4, they need to really wow us with the first party titles. I would save all announcements for E3. The big games we know nothing about are what Media Molecule, Guerilla, and Sony Santa Monica are doing. They should all be shown at E3.

Gamescom should have more depth to the games, alongside the David Cage title. They could really knock this year out with exclusives if they pull it off right.

2013, could be the unveiling of the PS4- with a slew of titles for that system.

TriGen

Sony seems to want to extend the PS3 gen till late 2014, there is a lot of time to release games before then.

The vast majority of Sony's studios are working on unannounced projects (even including their exclusive arrangements). The only announced games from SCEE studios and their 2nd party studios is Killzone Vita and LBP Vita. Guerilla Games have two teams and nothing announced. Quantic Dream have two unannounced games. SCE Liverpool and Evolution Studios recently released PSVita games etc.

Looking at SCEA - Naughty Dog have one announced game out of two teams work. Santa Monica (the actual Sony team) are working on GOW IV (Unannounced), Zipper's future projects are unannounced, Sucker Punch's future projects are unannounced, as are Bend's.

The vast majority of Sony's announced output is coming from 2nd party studios (Starhawk, Sly 4, LBP Vita, Idol Minds, Sorcery etc).

Interesting to see, really.

TriGen

If Sony doesn't plan on showing the PS4, they need to really wow us with the first party titles. I would save all announcements for E3. The big games we know nothing about are what Media Molecule, Guerilla, and Sony Santa Monica are doing. They should all be shown at E3.

Gamescom should have more depth to the games, alongside the David Cage title. They could really knock this year out with exclusives if they pull it off right.

I agree, this should be a big first party announcement year considering the Wii U will be out this year along with there being a decent chance at a next-gen Xbox teaser or unveiling.

Globox_82

Banned
The vast majority of Sony's studios are working on unannounced projects (even including their exclusive arrangements). The only announced games from SCEE studios and their 2nd party studios is Killzone Vita and LBP Vita. Guerilla Games have two teams and nothing announced. Quantic Dream have two unannounced games. SCE Liverpool and Evolution Studios recently released PSVita games etc.

Looking at SCEA - Naughty Dog have one announced game out of two teams work. Santa Monica (the actual Sony team) are working on GOW IV (Unannounced), Zipper's future projects are unannounced, Sucker Punch's future projects are unannounced, as are Bend's.

The vast majority of Sony's announced output is coming from 2nd party studios (Starhawk, Sly 4, LBP Vita, Idol Minds, Sorcery etc).

Interesting to see, really.

SSM has two teams as well. One GOW team and one NEW IP.

Sheikh

Banned
For me this gen hasn't even started, still waiting on Sony Smash, The Last Guardian, Bioshock Infinate, FFV13, Journey and more

well Journey has just been released. FF13V is a third party exclusive and Bioshock Infinite is multiplat. Also the hype for the other 2 arent that high to warrant a must release at this time. Rather SONY could keep those 2 as launch titles for PS4. bump up the graphics on PS4 and launch ..boom.

After FF13-2 fiasco ..SQUARE would be cautious to release another FF game this gen . FF doesnt have the hype it once had after FF13 and FF13-2 debacles . They could defer the game for next gen /rework on graphics and gameplay to create some hype that will drive some sales

SONY has all the games already --best exclusive library . Lower PS3 unit price and launch PS4 with a thunder --that should be SONY's focus now

all good points ,provided they have enough awesome games at launch for PS4. You seen already that there are still people on the fence who would buy the PS3 at a much lower/lower price to try GOW3/UC3 and those ps3 exclusives . Its just they are not willing to pay 250$ for the console.

aha really? Did you buy PS or xbox yesterday? In that case I might believe you. This gen is 80% done, like it or not. So far it is GREAT gen, probably best yet to come in next 15+ months.

LOL. some of the comments are like super MEGA LOL. I would say this gen is 95% done . You can release whatever you want, people dont care. All they will buy are MW/BF/SKYRIM /those mega multiplat titles

Globox_82

Banned

aha really? Did you buy PS or xbox yesterday? In that case I might believe you. This gen is 80% done, like it or not. So far it is GREAT gen, probably best yet to come in next 15+ months.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I do hope it's true. Either way I will be glued to Sony's conference this year.

(Also I guess they figured out nobody cares about Lair)

using anything related to Lair for this game is stupid since Sony own a superior dragon themed game (Drakan).

Sony Smash Bros really?

Guess Smash Bros should've been called Nintendo Fighters Megamix

Fighters Megamix should've been Sega King of Fighters'

etc etc

ascii42

Sony Smash Bros really?

Guess Smash Bros should've been called Nintendo Fighters Megamix

Fighters Megamix should've been Sega King of Fighters'

etc etc

That's not the official name. There isn't one yet. It's just being referred to that so people get a general idea of what it is.

Top Bottom