• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Sony to unveil Playstation HOME at GDC (oh snapplecakes it might be true?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
homez99 said:
Isn't a system like this already on JPN PS3's? I heard of you being able to control this little fluffy dude and getting weather forecasts and news, and you could get a little home for him too, looked really sweet.
Not quite.

That's Mainichi Isshou (which anyone can download for free). It's fun to mess around with and some of the daily news items are entertaining. You can, of course, decorate Taro's room, play some games, and do various other tasks, but it's nothing like what they are describing here.

If you have a JP account on the PSN, you can download it yourself. Of course, it's nothing but Japanese text so it wouldn't be worthwhile if you can't read it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Dante said:
Sounds pretty F'n cool actually. But if that's the BIG GDC reveal people here will be surely be upset.

It's more than one revealing obviously. Even Phil said that.

Ceb

chriskzoo said:
One way to make Achievements cooler is to reward them with actual (virtual) trophies. Imagine if, rather than just getting a little notification and being rewarded 20 points for defeating a boss, you were instead given a bad-ass looking virtual trophy that you could display?

Another cool thing would be to reward people with things they can use on their avatar - so you unlock an achievement and get rewarded with a special shirt, piece of bling, or whatever. People would be like "Oh, snap! How did you get that!"

Yep. I think it could look nicer in a more cartoony styling though - think Pirate's Den in FFXII, for example. Everything depends on if they can make the interface stylish.

Hey, maybe parts of Eyedentify made it into this?

besiktas1

It actually sounds quite cool, I thought about this for XBLA, when they (J Allard) talked about users can sell their own content, I thought it would be cool if you could create a virtual shop type thing kind of like having the Marketplace as one big MMOgame, meh, anyway.

Cool if Sony does this though, even cooler if they allow others to check your room, e.g. the more points you have the more you can pimp out your room for others to see.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
JB1981 said:
what does that mean?

I am referring to Sony taking the best of Wii and X360 and putting it into their interface. One thing they could do is make a sports game with Sony Mii's available for free over PSN and then make it online enabled. Then a bunch of us could bowl in HD, with our Sony Mii's, ONLINE. make it happen.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Well, in retrospect, this could be a PS3 MySpace of sorts.

Has anyone looked at SingStar and what Sony is doing with that? That has ALL of the makings of a MySpace-type system -- in the style and look of the XMB and the PSN store.

Xellos

Wouldn't be too surprising if Sony did something like that, considering how well Mii's, Animal Crossing, and Achievements have worked for Nintendo/MS. Maybe the HOME can have a TV with various "stations" where users can get news, weather, and other stuff. Seriously though, combining these features sounds like a great idea. If it's true, I'd also like to see user created content (e.g. replays, blogs) included.

WalkMan

Banned
reilo said:
Well, in retrospect, this could be a PS3 MySpace of sorts.

Has anyone looked at SingStar and what Sony is doing with that? That has ALL of the makings of a MySpace-type system -- in the style and look of the XMB and the PSN store.
They did mention networking features keen to MySpace a while back. So this could indeed be it. They mentioned features such as sharing videos and blogging...

JB1981

DenogginizerOS said:
I am referring to Sony taking the best of Wii and X360 and putting it into their interface. One thing they could do is make a sports game with Sony Mii's available for free over PSN and then make it online enabled. Then a bunch of us could bowl in HD, with our Sony Mii's, ONLINE. make it happen.

Ok. I see.

LukeSmith

PantherLotus said:
yeah i don't why it was made personal--i asked a simple question.

Oh, it was totally arbitrary that you said "banned site" and I quoted you, actually. But I think if K*taku is right, crow can be distributed to some of the haters.
No, I don't know for sure if they are right or not
, or do I.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Dante said:
R&C in EGM in March will make me much happier.
Same. Maybe it's just me and I don't "get this" concept or understand it, but I'd much rather have some r&c w/ a little uncharted loving. :D

reilo

WalkMan said:
They did mention networking features keen to MySpace a while back. So this could indeed be it. They mentioned features such as sharing videos and blogging...

singstar-20070123033035254.jpg

my-singstar-20060509060621102.jpg

That top picture has all the makings for a user profile...

LukeSmith said:
Oh, it was totally arbitrary that you said "banned site" and I quoted you, actually. But I think if K*taku is right, crow can be distributed to some of the haters.
, or do I.
..you love throwing fuel on the fire dont you.:lol

Mojovonio

Banned
LukeSmith said:
, or do I.

You do know, you sly bastard.

Tell me, is it glorious?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
LukeSmith said:
, or do I.

just take back the thing about me being banned and we can be friendz!!

Muppet345

LukeSmith said:
, or do I.
Yes, this will make up for every other time they've been wrong, or reported information without researching first. Admittedly this isn't the same thing since they even labeled it as a rumor, but I don't see how it's crow-worthy to take this with a truck of salt.

If this is the big GDC announcement I will laugh.

How did Sony go from understanding this industry extremely well to losing all their knowledge in such a short time?

Forsete

W0w.. ****aku is right one time out of a million, IM IMPRESSED: LETS UNBAN THE SITE!

Nice rumour though.

FrankT

Karma Kramer said:
Luke has created a monster.

There is soo much hype going into GDC for Sony right now.

Indeed we need to wrap all these rumors up in a compilation and see which ones come, which ones don't, and which ones weren't called at all. We needs a chart! :)

methane47

There is WAYyyy too much hype around GDC.... i can't possibly see Sony doing Soo many good things for Gamers in just a couple days...

As much as i want all of this... As much as I want a throne room with title specific furniture and items Or Maybe mini games that you win as achievements and could be played on the TV in your HOME... -sigh-... I can't possibly imagine a company doing all of this...

Sorry But i'm going to have to restrain my Hype alittle so i dont slit my wrists on GDC day..

reilo

Wow. The pissing contest in the K*taku comments is priceless.

Mojovonio

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Indeed we need to wrap all these rumors up in a compilation and see which ones come, which ones don't, and which ones weren't called at all. We needs a chart! :)

you should get started on that, GDC is less than a week away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom