• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor & Speculation: Kojima + Sony + Konami = Silent Hills on PS5

if this isnt announced at the TGA, can we put this rumor to bed?
I mean, it not being announced isnt proof it isn't happening. We had true rumors about DMCV for about 2 and a half years before they actually announced it. Combine that with likely production delays due to covid, and it wouldnt surprise me if this got a similar treatment

Tiamat2san

Just stop with this!
It’s torture now.

if someday it happens , Fucking awesome, but as for now it makes my soul weeps tears of blood.

Terenty

Nah, Kojima is too old to spend years working on someone else's property. He has too many ideas of his own i'm sure he wants to expore

What do you all think?

E5be89h.jpg

Japanese guy, Old American white men, and the weird hipster dude. Where is Tyrone from hood? Mohammed from the ever loving Al Quida, 300 lb instagram model, and your LGBT? Wow. Sony needs to pick up on diversity. Disgusting. =P

Airbus Jr

Banned
Japanese guy, Old American white men, and the weird hipster dude. Where is Tyrone from hood? Mohammed from the ever loving Al Quida, 300 lb instagram model, and your LGBT? Wow. Sony needs to pick up on diversity. Disgusting. =P

What up with the forced diversity agenda there ?

I dont know much about Jim Ryan in the midle but the other two are recognizable gaming figures

Theyre where they are right now because of their reputation not because of forced diversity agenda ( that you accused of). You seems to underestimate their capabilities and judge where they are because they are needed to fill the diversity slot.

Last edited:
What up with the forced diversity agenda there ?

I dont know much about Jim Ryan in the midle but the other two are recognizable gaming figures

Theyre where they are right now because of their reputation not because of forced diversity agenda ( that you accused of). You seems to underestimate their capabilities and judge where they are because they are needed to fill the diversity slot.

It was a joke dude...makiing fun of resetera hence =P really went over your head didn't it?

Last edited:
y u gotta cling to the sega saturn.............i used to big a big sega fan back in the day
Cos it says rumour in the thread...so everyone is free to speculate...

If were not allowed or cant talk about rumours any longer then just close the thread...

Im not saying you cant talk about it, im just suggesting not jumping on the 100% hype train for a rumor, it will only lead to disappointment. trust me i know as a sega fan lol

Airbus Jr

Banned
Im not saying you cant talk about it, im just suggesting not jumping on the 100% hype train for a rumor, it will only lead to disappointment. trust me i know as a sega fan lol

Problem is you cant dictate and policy the way every people think

If you have a very low expectation you cant expect everyone to be like you

Its not how the human brain works, its not a hive mind where everyone think the same thing

If theres someone have moderate or high expectation just let em be theres nothing wrong with that

Last edited:

ElCasual

Well of this is not in the TGA the rumors say "Will be in E3 2021" and if not in the E3 2021 they say " Will be in TGA 2021" and this until infinity.

Elcid

Banned
My God OP, I had a boner the entire time reading that. If it’s true I’d give someone else’s left nut for these games to finally see the light of day.

vpance

I think Kojima needs this. A smaller project and a guaranteed hit before he moves on to something bigger.

PooBone

They stopped using the Main MGS theme after 3 as it was pointed oout to Kojima about it being too similar and possibly stolen from an older composer
I’m certain a remake would use the original themes. And Twin Snakes sucked but, ya know.... Dennis Dyack.... I’m sure no one will re-tread this evening mistakes.

Arachnid

Problem is you cant dictate and policy the way every people think

If you have a very low expectation you cant expect everyone to be like you

Its not how the human brain works, its not a hive mind where everyone think the same thing

If theres someone have moderate or high expectation just let em be theres nothing wrong with that
Regardless, he's contributing plenty to the conversation by introducing some healthy doubt. The people who jump straight to the hype train are exactly why these "leakers" keep pulling this. It doesn't do anyone any favors to try to downplay that.

Remember that time some KojiPro employee was using a pyramid pencil and the internet suddenly blew up with near certainty at the imminent Silent Hills revival announcement? Or any of the 7 leaks since then that others have taken as fact (including the apparently "mod vetted" proof over at Resetera)? Or that horror artist visiting Konami that added fuel to the fire?

SaturnSaturn is right. Assume the worst and you won't be surprised when it's not at TGA (just like it wasn't at any of the prior games events it was rumored to be at). That or you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Top Bottom