• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

JamesAR15

Your avatar looks like my artwork ... but I don't think it is...?

By the way...I was speaking to my fellow Crash Twinsanity developers yesterday, and we were discussing maybe creating a documentary with interviews, and the like, from the development of that game. Would any of you be interested in seeing such a thing?

I would definitely love to see something like that.

BetaM

By the way...I was speaking to my fellow Crash Twinsanity developers yesterday, and we were discussing maybe creating a documentary with interviews, and the like, from the development of that game. Would any of you be interested in seeing such a thing?

Yes, it is, just redone by my sister!
Absolutely, I would be totally down for seeing that!

N.Domixis

Banned

Would you be able to show art/videos from cancelled levels, ideas, etc?

I would definitely love to see something like that.

Yes, it is, just redone by my sister!
Absolutely, I would be totally down for seeing that!

Would you be able to show art/videos from cancelled levels, ideas, etc?

Unfortunately, I don't think we have any footage that hasn't already been leaked on the internet .... but we've def got lots of stories about the development.
What I'll do is have a talk with everyone, and see if they'd be interested in putting something together ... might take a while, so don't take it as official yet...but it's good to know there is some interest :)

I'm intrigued about Crash's future (but have no inside info/knowledge) so I'll be keeping an eye on this E3 also! :)

RK128

Wow, that would be amazing :D! If you need a writer to help out with anything, let me know and I will help anyway I can! While it will be a good bit before I get to the game, can't wait to cover Twinsanity for the Retrospective series; personally one of my favorites in the series :D.

Unknown?

Very possibly but I seriously hope it's not going to be made by Naughty Dog - unless they have a small team on the side doing it. The people that made the original game have mostly left the company so it's not like there is a ton of history there.

Does it matter? They did a mature game for the first time with TLOU and hit it out of the park. I feel like they could excel at any genre if they truly were passionate about making the game.

Spinky

I would kill to see that.

Sky Chief

I love it when there are actual older games that are playable in newer games. My favorite way this was done by far was in MGS4. Wolfenstien's implementation was also pretty cool as was Uncharted 4. Any others that I'm missing?

So... should we still keep spoilers in this thread or what?

I feel like this should have its own thread soon, especially discussing the implications of a possible licensing deal regarding Crash. I'm not raving and hollering that they've bought Crash, but I also have a hard time finding a situation where I believe Sony would pay out for a licensing deal just for this.

SNURB

It wasn't even just the trophy I was convinced I'd unlock some new cutscene or dialogue lol.

Yeah, I was actually expecting the same thing lol.

I beat the first playable Crash level without dying but man, the controls are janky compared to the original.

SNURB

Apologies for double posting but I just beaten Uncharted 4...

In the epilogue after beating the Boulder level again, you can pick up the Crash game case. But have a closer look at the box art...
0853282F-EADA-4A7E-B8AF-2C7C06549F7C_zpsagb8vcwx.png

The Universal Studios logo DOESN'T appear on the cover AT ALL. Not even Activision in this case who owns the IP. And no, you can't rotate the camera in Photo Mode to look at the back of the case. Pretty sketchy if you ask me.

JordanN

Banned
They have to own Crash now or they'll be sued to death.

Remember when Uncharted 4 had the uncredited Ubisoft art? Sony took down the video and quickly replaced it.

SNURB

Remember when Uncharted 4 had the uncredited Ubisoft art? Sony took down the video and quickly replaced it.

Pretty much.
This isn't just something you'd forget about. Every trademark Sony doesn't own (such as Polaroid, for example) is mentioned in the credits. This is a requirement enforced by law, and failing to comply can lead to a hefty fine and a lot of trouble. Not even Naughty Dog's 30th anniversary art book was exempt from including Activision in the credits, since it contained pictures of Crash. As you can see, this is something that even applies retroactively.

Pretty much.
This isn't just something you'd forget about. Every trademark Sony doesn't own (such as Polaroid, for example) is mentioned in the credits. This is a requirement enforced by law, and failing to comply can lead to a hefty fine and a lot of trouble. Not even Naughty Dog's 30th anniversary art book was exempt from including Activision in the credits, since it contained pictures of Crash. As you can see, this is something that even applies retroactively.

This is a game, not an art book don't be ridiculous

Said that one guy

Who is hopefully not a copyright lawyer

Mengetsu

I don't know much about how the inner workings of these company's and how they work but, with Activision working close with Sony for games like Destiny and COD series I could see a collaboration or a deal for the rights back. For agreements with having maps and content first on PS4 it's a win win for both parties.

Or they could have asked permission to use Crash in the game.

I agree that all the denials by Sony is just smokescreen though.

SNURB

Even if they got permission from Activision they'd still have to put their name in the credits as the IP holder.

Absolutely. If Crash was still Activision's property, Sony would be legally obliged to include their name in the credits as the owners of Crash Bandicoot. This kind of copyright notice needs to be available and visible to each and every customer buying the product.

Top Bottom