• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

SNURB

For a guy who's apart of business that put great detail to their work, you would've think he would be able to tell that wasn't legit. Wouldn't he? 😕. I don't even know.

If what he said was real, would've he gotten fired for leaking it?

Scotia

Banned
Just to remind you guys, this is the fake box art that he 'got confused' with.

67070-crash-bandicoot-returns.jpg

Please someone look me straight in the eye and say someone who works closley with video games can be fooled by this.

BroBot

Just to remind you guys, this is the fake box art that he 'got confused' with.

67070-crash-bandicoot-returns.jpg

Please someone look me straight in the eye and say someone who works closley with video games can be fooled by this.

Where. Is. Tawna. Bandicoot?!

crash_and_tawna_by_doctor_g-d6aj7pd.png

There is no mention of Crash and Activision in the credits. I checked twice.

There's a couple of credits near the end where it's giving credit to Havok and so on with all the licensed tech, but nothing.

There's a couple of credits near the end where it's giving credit to Havok and so on with all the licensed tech, but nothing.

It's either one hell of an oversight or it might mean what I think it means....

BroBot

It's happening. Hype train commence. Nothing will stop it now. There will be no let downs at E3 this year. There will only be greatness. My body is ready.

LAA

Here's the only two parts of the credits that weren't crediting other people or folks at Sony that I could see. I watched the credits twice.

Was very interested about this... So chances look good Sony own Crash again? Or they don't need to credit Activision for borrowing it's IP, (Or because Crash 1 was Sony exclusive?)

Next get Spyro back! (Little off topic but I'd love a new medievil too!)

pswii60

The Crash games are still on the iOS App Store and credited to Activision Publishing. Pretty sure those would have been removed by now if they no longer owned the IP.

Orbis

But surely Activision wouldn't need to be credited if it's a Naughty Dog Crash reference? Activision have no rights to Crash 1,2,3 and CTR surely.

Edit: Ah I see wrestleman has clarified below.

But surely Activision wouldn't need to be credited if it's a Naughty Dog Crash reference?

Activision owns the IP. Outright. There is no portion of the rights that Sony holds that would allow them to use the name without crediting Activision. See: Naughty Dog's art book.

Wollan

So next Tuesday we can finally rename this thread to "Stop everything! Sony owns the Crash Bandicoot IP! Playable in UC4!".

I would like to add that this is the best in-game advertising ever made.

RK128

I feel very happy that I launched the Crash Retrospective now :). I mean, with THIS news coming out (Sony might own Crash again?!), this E3 is shaping up to be something special.

This is like new-thread-news-article worthy right??

Argh but spoilers...

Maybe a mod can update the title for people to look at post #861 for the news/update. I mean this is pretty much a 100% confirmation right?

This is like new-thread-news article worthy right??

Argh but spoilers.

Maybe a mod can update the title to look at post #861 for the news.

No. People will pitch a fit. I can't be bothered looking at people complaining about spoilers and I'm not even a mod. Best just leave it be for the release.

FelipeMGM

Duuuuuuuuude, I might cry during E3, both if its real or nothing.

If its real Im sure I'll be doing this dance as well:
giphy.gif

Given how much of a big deal they're making about Crash coming to Sony, I'm gonna call it: Naughty Dog is absolutely developing Crash 4.

RK128

Given how much of a big deal they're making about Crash coming to Sony, I'm gonna call it: Naughty Dog is absolutely developing Crash 4.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point and they likely worked on it alongside Uncharted 4. I could see the game be a 'smaller' title but still, can't wait to see Naughty Dog celebrate the series anniversary with a new game.

Top Bottom